• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So which one is Ava going on anyway
EDIT: Also is an eagle wasp like a hawk wasp or is it an eagle-sized wasp or is it an eagle-wasp hybrid or what
It's a giant-ass Wasp/Eagle hybrid with a nasty temper. Oh, and it "shoots" its stinger. More details will be relaid in the thread.

I'll place Ava where I feel she's needed more.

Guild Board: Adventure Quests
Please indicate which of the quests listed below you/you're character would like to embark on. Alternatively, you could decline each and choose to mill around the guild.

Dungeon Exploration - Rank B
Reward: Potential Ramalite Mine​
"Guild members,
Word has reached us of a rumored dungeon in the Norned Woods. We wish to send a scouting party to scope the area. Your job is to send back word on the rumor's truth and to traverse the dungeon's entrance. If this information is accurate, and there is a dungeon hiding in Faxias, we need to secure it before other guilds have the chance. Be sure to see Atlas before setting out on this mission.
-Irisha"
I believe the Dungeon Exploration - Rank B would be a good quest to send the fairy on. When there's a dungeon, there's more than likely Ramalite.

btw how does combat work?
When you're fighting minions - like them bandits, excluding the leader - you're free to write your own attacks as making contact in your posts. Just... make it realistic. You're not fighting Clone Troopers or a-typical grunts who can't shoot worth a pickle. These guys are going to be fairly experienced fighters with whims of their own. (And don't forget, Ferox are physically stronger than Humans. They just don't have as powerful whims.)

Big bosses are going to be a bit more regulated. You can write your character making an attack, but I'll step in the GM the end result. Anything you do with other characters should also follow this rule, though combo attacks are welcome.

It's a giant-ass Wasp/Eagle hybrid with a nasty temper. Oh, and it "shoots" its stinger. More details will be relaid in the thread.

I'll place Ava where I feel she's needed more.
btw how does combat work?

Will you be controlling the wasp or will the hunters fight it like an NPC? I can imagine both. Maybe you can request volunteers to play the bosses, so everyone doesn't control it.

I'm curious to know how Yusaria got her whim XD Do we want to come up with a special reason, or just leave it?
Well I personally imagine Whims are like genetic in a way that they can manifest from birth or maybe through a special occurrence, like magic, or trauma. Basically a quirk I am thinking.

Well I personally imagine Whims are like genetic in a way that they can manifest from birth or maybe through a special occurrence, like magic, or trauma. Basically a quirk I am thinking.
Right. But if Ferox whims are typically not as powerful, then why would Yusaria's be the way it is? Just an interesting thought is all XD

Will you be controlling the wasp or will the hunters fight it like an NPC? I can imagine both. Maybe you can request volunteers to play the bosses, so everyone doesn't control it.
Mr. Angry Wasp-Eagle Who Shall Henceforth Be Named Stoove will be a Boss NPC. And I don't mind it if people want to tackle it or the Bandit Boss tbh

Right. But if Ferox whims are typically not as powerful, then why would Yusaria's be the way it is? Just an interesting thought is all XD
Yusaria is an interesting case because, while strong, her whim has a lot of set backs. (Also, thank god I chose not to give Igris two moons like I had originally been planning.)

Yusaria is an interesting case because, while strong, her whim as a lot of set backs.
That's true. How powerful she is at any given time depends entirely on what time you catch her. She's strong for long stretches of days at a time (Minus when the moon's out of sight), and then weak for about the same amount of time

Speaking of which, what Moon Phase are we gonna start at? Obviously during the daytime it won't matter most of the time (Sometimes the moon's in the sky during the day, right? But only, like, crescents and such?) but I'll keep track anyway for when the moon rises

Might treat it like a MMO and give the bosses a Health Bar. Ya'll roll dices when you attack and that will determine how much health le bosses lose as a result.

Speaking of which, what Moon Phase are we gonna start at? Obviously during the daytime it won't matter most of the time (Sometimes the moon's in the sky during the day, right? But only, like, crescents and such?) but I'll keep track anyway for when the moon rises
I'm gonna be following our current moon cycle because I am lazy.

I'm gonna be following our current moon cycle because I am lazy.
I know that, I mean where in the moon cycle do we start? XD That's important to know. And then I can just, like, have a moon chart up for the days that pass, and we can decide when the eclipses happen as we go

Rank D for Balder. A 1st/3rd quarter would be the best to start on.
That's what I was thinking, probably 1st Quarter since that'd be the time Yusaria would be confident in being able to do quests. Still, good to get GM input I feel
Wouldn't an eclipse be once in the game at most considering we won't have timeskips of multiple years
Yeah, both eclipses will probably only happen once (Unless something magical happens to mess with it XD) and will definitely be very significant events, especially the Blood Moon since Yusaria will become a major threat to literally everybody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back