• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy RedStone - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
You mean the series that takes place in proper civilization and not in dungeons that are presumably far from towns?
Well, super powers kind of exist in this realm too. Although, it may not be as extreme, but I think it is realistic to have a power that disables you and empower you at the same time. I feel even people in our world who have disabilities inadvertently have powers that seem superhuman!

Well, super powers kind of exist in this realm too. Although, it may not be as extreme, but I think it is realistic to have a power that disables you and empower you at the same time. I feel even people in our world who have disabilities inadvertently have powers that seem superhuman!
Wish I could say I can confirm, but sadly it really doesn't feel like it a lot of the time XD

I don't want to be OP I want to be balanced and interesting...
If it helps, I still say you're fine

Have you ever watched the anime My Hero Academia?

But the entire point of the early uses of the power was that breaking things put the protagonist at considerable risk and would put him out of the fight sooner rather than later as an interesting balancing measure.

Don't worry about it bro no one's like, calling for your blood and telling you to edit things. You gotta admit it's normal to be leery at reality warping potential in a powerset is all.

But the entire point of the early uses of the power was that breaking things put the protagonist at considerable risk and would put him out of the fight sooner rather than later as an interesting balancing measure.
And it was fucking awesome :3

Don't worry about it bro no one's like, calling for your blood and telling you to edit things. You gotta admit it's normal to be leery at reality warping potential in a powerset is all.
Exactly, thats why I had specifically wrote "Impossible for a human being" it was fluff I just wanted to sound cool

And it was fucking awesome :3

Oh definitely, infinitely better than the progression that's left everything much more generic, but it's kind of a point that "self destruct upon use" isn't really much use to the person doing it (unless it's like some extremely large explosion scenario), it's like the first thing Eraserhead beats into Izuku's head.

Also to be fair that one guy who can change somethings mass can effectively create anything and also create something with 0 mass like light which would make it accelerate to the speed of light or close to it

Also to be fair that one guy who can change somethings mass can effectively create anything and also create something with 0 mass like light which would make it accelerate to the speed of light or close to it
I must have missed this somewhere, which one is this?

Personally I'm not a fan of powers crippling the user because of the impact it has on the party because using it has one of two usual outcomes, either the party has to bend over backwards to accommodate the player that injured themselves or the GM introduces something to minimize the impact of the weakness. And then if you don't use it at all, it might as well not exist.

Wish I could say I can confirm, but sadly it really doesn't feel like it a lot of the time XD
I interact with a lot of deaf folks and I've found their perception skills are way past an average human. Recently, an autistic man performed in a talent show and his singing skills are waaaaaaay beyond that of a ordinary human. Not to mention, the amazing Steven Hawkings and Beethoven. There's even contortionist who gained their ability as a result of a disability. There's many.

Personally I'm not a fan of powers crippling the user because of the impact it has on the party because using it has one of two usual outcomes, either the party has to bend over backwards to accommodate the player that injured themselves or the GM introduces something to minimize the impact of the weakness. And then if you don't use it at all, it might as well not exist.
I understand your worry. My idea though was to do it at incredibly pressing times, and plus I planned to grow and foster my characters abilities so one day he won't break his legs. Accelerating to those speeds from 0 mph should have drawbacks for a persona I just wanted it to be a ace in the hole.

Oh definitely, infinitely better than the progression that's left everything much more generic, but it's kind of a point that "self destruct upon use" isn't really much use to the person doing it (unless it's like some extremely large explosion scenario), it's like the first thing Eraserhead beats into Izuku's head.
Have you watched Konosuba?

I interact with a lot of deaf folks and I've found their perception skills are way past an average human. Recently, an autistic man performed in a talent show and his singing skills are waaaaaaay beyond that of a ordinary human. Not to mention, the amazing Steven Hawkings and Beethoven. There's even contortionist who gained their ability as a result of a disability. There's many.
Fair enough

I still need to watch that. I've just had such a big backlog of anime for so long I haven't gotten around to it yet XD

Of course, perhaps the only isekai worth any level of attention. But the entire point of everything Konosuba is that these people are horrible, useless idiots tho, that's why I like it.
Yessss! I just wanted to use the explosive witch as another example. She's practically a one time ACE for each battle. Its hilarious. Can be useful. I wonder if her character will ever grow? I imagine she'll be strong enough one day to do two explosives instead of one. xD

On a side note I did the math and for my character to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in an instant would be about 6000 G's, the human body can survive 46.2 G's for a few seconds but that's the highest. So I am being incredibly lenient to allow this to only break his legs and not you know, kill him.

The intent I had with my character's whim is that he can change the shape (effectively what I referred to as mass), and density of an object. He can't change the properties of it because that would require knowledge of knowing individual atoms and a whole lot of other science that if we went by your character's standards(?); would make my character an actual scientist.

For him, it would be impossible to create something out of thin air, he could turn a piece of grass into maybe the size of a leaf but not the intangible non-physical concept of light that through science is hard to explain what I mean but just think Plato's Theory of Knowledge.

TL'DGAS: Can't make something out of nothing, requires an actual tangible, physical piece of matter to use. (I don't know much about science but I'm hoping you understand what I'm getting at.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back