Other Random question of the day

Eminem is overrated but if I had to make a choice between him and MGK, I reluctantly choose Eminem.

Both have their own space in the television hall of fame, but I'm more of a Fresh Prince fan.

That's a blast from the past. I haven't thought about that show in nearly a decade. I'd probably agree with the folks who commented above me though I'm sure at least some of the behavior is played up for the cameras. I think more than anything, it glorifies this idea of a sixteenth birthday being something super special where you have to give your kid a brand new car. It's not. I just got strawberries for my birthday and I was perfectly happy.

That's a blast from the past. I haven't thought about that show in nearly a decade. I'd probably agree with the folks who commented above me though I'm sure at least some of the behavior is played up for the cameras. I think more than anything, it glorifies this idea of a sixteenth birthday being something super special where you have to give your kid a brand new car. It's not. I just got strawberries for my birthday and I was perfectly happy.
It's reality TV. The drama is engineered to be heightened for the cameras or often as scripted as regular television drama. The fact it's sold to the network, production crews, and generaal consumers as "reality" means it's often got less expectations per the format. While My Super Sweet Sixteen started in 2005, a lot of reality TV dramas were spun up during the 2008 Writer's Strike on the basis that you can write these shows without professional writers. You just slap volatile elements together - or what you hope are volatile elements - and tease and manipulate them so they blow up for the camera. Or everyone on-film understands they're there to stir shit up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back