• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pirates !

If the other captains don't ever show up within the roleplay, what exactly will we do? Allow another person to make a captain character, or have characters vote within the role play? o: Pretty sure pirates occasionally did votes. We can't really have a mutiny if there's no captain.

Ktulu said:
If the other captains don't ever show up within the roleplay, what exactly will we do? Allow another person to make a captain character, or have characters vote within the role play? o: Pretty sure pirates occasionally did votes. We can't really have a mutiny if there's no captain.
In my opinion I think voting would be more interesting...o! Maybe you can even turn this into a plot point for Queen Anne's revenge! The original captain disappeared without a trace (maybe along with other npc characters...)

It's a bit of an awkward one to do though, since there's no telling if the roleplayer will randomly pop up all of a sudden. :/

And if there is a vote, there will need to be a made up reason for replacing the last captain. xD

Well, I've requested an updates tab to keep people up-to-date.

For the Dauntless captain, the user of that has been online but did not have the intention to even check up here.

Sorry, but that's what it takes for me to think that he lost interest... v.v

Oh no, I'm not attempting to tell you not to remove people, I'm saying that for the storylines sake we need to make up something for the characters to say happened to the last captain. They have already mentioned their captain, so it would be a bit weird to just go 'oh yeah, he poofed lets gets a new one'. xD Unless someone just makes a new captain character and we act as if that was the one that the Queen Anne's Revenge had all the time.

Normally there are more males than females but sure. x3

@Ktulu What do you think of this:

The captain of Queen Anne's Revenge was lost on seas as he decided to sail out by himself once to do some trading at a lost island.

Taken by the sirens who surrounded the little boat with the captain and some other crew members as they were in a trance by their singing voices.

The poor men did not stand a chance against their vicious claws and was taken to the depths of the sea.

There had never been a word of them again.

Yeah, I'm always afraid to bring that up in case it sounds a bit hypocritical seeing as I have a female character myself, but too many females just doesn't suit the whole pirate thing that much. However, the fact that this one is pretending to be a male makes them a lot different to the others so it's probably fine. C:

Oh yes, that could actually work. xD There should be one survivor to that tale to say it to the rest of the crew who were left behind. Could be a random NPC rather than an actual character.

Ktulu said:
Yeah, I'm always afraid to bring that up in case it sounds a bit hypocritical seeing as I have a female character myself, but too many females just doesn't suit the whole pirate thing that much. However, the fact that this one is pretending to be a male makes them a lot different to the others so it's probably fine. C:
Oh yes, that could actually work. xD There should be one survivor to that tale to say it to the rest of the crew who were left behind. Could be a random NPC rather than an actual character.
Indeed, so I'm not going to allow any more female characters after this one.

Sure, NPC's are always useful for that, so I'll be posting it up in the updates thread.

Awesome, alright! Now, for the last detail - shall the crew vote or will the captain role be open again for signing up as?

I'm like Bird on this one - I think voting could be fun. xD So we'll have to make everyone aware of the new mini plot. @Marshmallow - do you want to interrupt the crew members soon by bringing that NPC aboard to announce what happened to the captain?

I didn't even realise that there was so many female characters. I added that crossdressing trait after my first charcter sheet got deleted after my computer shut down before I could save. I was actually going to post the sheet yesterday, but then that happened. My first one was a lot more detailed, and I wrote this one in the middle of night after a bout of inspiration.

Hey, don't worry. We're not being spiteful or anything behind your back, just fixing loose ends. C: But your character still looks great!

What Ktulu said QAQ;;; Sorry if it came out that way. I was just worried because we had already commented on the female to male ratio before

It's actually pretty half and half but considering the time period it would have been difficult for characters to have an even ratio

um...let me go and stop talking before I offend anymore people QnQ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Why thank you! c: Don't worry about offending me! I actually didn't think of it that way at all! I was mostly just worried that I did something wrong. They whole time period male to female ratio is actually what gave me the idea to have her cross dress upon ships. A female suddenly popping up on a ship full of men is kinda weird isn't it? But if another male showed up, it might go undetected.

Nah, you didn't do anything wrong. Just that it's probably better to put a cap on female characters until a lot more males are created. Since in that time period a female would need to work so hard to be recognised as a pirate, and would still not be all that respected. Gotta remember that female rights and all that equality jazz are only still a new thing. xD Anyway, that doesn't really apply to your character.

Eee, I'm not doing anything of the sort. xD I'm just giving my opinion on future possible females.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back