Perfect (Ambria and Jeccka)

Henry was hesitant to respond to Jacky. While he thought some sort of mediator would help them, she agreed to come here, he here, why was she so impatient?

"I don't know. I think we have to wait our turn." He said, turning his attention to Jacky's lap but refusing to view her face directly. He could hear the sounds of Michael in the small room a few feet away, playing with the few toys provided by the counseling center.

No sooner had Henry spoke that a door opened at the far end of the room. From it emerged a couple keeping space between them as they walked out, unwilling to so much as accidentally touch or even look at each other. An older woman stepped out, breaking the tangible silence between them. "Okay, so I'll see you both next week, alright? Remember what we talked about." The two continued to the receptionist, the counselor took up a clipboard and red from it. "Henry and Jacky Carter?" She called to the room.

Henry stood, taking a step toward the open door. The others must have been waiting for a different professional. In the little room off to the side, the woman who had walked out from the last session was coaxing a little girl to come with her. Henry paused, watching the two interact. Suddenly he wondered what Michael was like at school, if he talked to girls or hung out in the back of the class, alone. If he would need a level of coaxing to go with either of his parents in the event of a divorce.

With one last look at his pride and joy, Henry stepped into the counselor's room and took a seat on a lush love seat. Somewhere in the pit of his stomach this didn't feel right. Jacky and him belonged together, there was simply no other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back