Out of Soul Chat

@DaughterofAthena 

Hey also, my character's going to be a demon weapon and his form is a pistol that fires concussive to lethal blasts depending on the souls my character burns through. I was wondering if that was fine or...

To say something is automatically (or even potentially automatically) a one shot kill is something that I will not accept if it's written anywhere in a CS. I can guarantee that in this rp, you will never one-shot kill anything that is meant to be an antagonist of any kind. Don't try to imply that you might because it won't ever happen. 

I think what my friend meant to say is that the pistol can fire weak shots in short rapid succession or a strong and highly damaging shot that fires slower.

HA!!! *Dodges and you end up choking yourself*

@DaughterofAthena 

Hey also, my character's going to be a demon weapon and his form is a pistol that fires concussive to lethal blasts depending on the souls my character burns through. I was wondering if that was fine or...

Guns like the Thompson sisters shoot bits of their own soul wavelength. So it would have to be the same there. However, the quality of souls consumed can still affect the weapon. So you'd have to have a sort of baseline set, if you wanted to do something like that.

To say something is automatically (or even potentially automatically) a one shot kill is something that I will not accept if it's written anywhere in a CS. I can guarantee that in this rp, you will never one-shot kill anything that is meant to be an antagonist of any kind. Don't try to imply that you might because it won't ever happen. 

I don't think they meant it that way. Shooting a lethal shot does not mean you automatically hit. It could be compared to shooting bbs or actual bullets.

Ehhh...to elaborate, I usually range my character's abilities on their weakest, and their near-death maximum effort attack that I realistically won't be using in the actual RP. In this case, a lethal one-shot is that near-death maximum effort attack that I realistically won't be using. It's merely mentioned, and never used. If my character wants to do a suicide blow or something the lethal shot would it it. Regardless though, even if I would want to do it, I would have to go into a long chat about it with the person on the receiving end and etc.

I essentially write my characters at minimal to maximum extent to give their EXACT power range, from not-even-trying-level to suicide-level rather than not-even-trying-level to sweat-beading-down-level. Even if a lethal blow, or applied to another character I made: massive speed gains is stated, I would still only use not-even-trying-level to the a-little-bit-of-sweat-beading-down-level. In my potential character's case, it would be a slight knock to piercing damage equivalent to if someone pushed a blunt tack into someone else.

So basically, I won't be using the thing even if it's listed. Even if I did, there would have to be a long discussion beforehand

I think what my friend meant to say is that the pistol can fire weak shots in short rapid succession or a strong and highly damaging shot that fires slower.

Guns like the Thompson sisters shoot bits of their own soul wavelength. So it would have to be the same there. However, the quality of souls consumed can still affect the weapon. So you'd have to have a sort of baseline set, if you wanted to do something like that.

I don't think they meant it that way. Shooting a lethal shot does not mean you automatically hit. It could be compared to shooting bbs or actual bullets.

Yah, essentially what they said. 

Sorry if I sound passive-aggressive by the way, I'm really just trying to save my butt here. >.>

If you state that a blow is potentially lethal, chances are I'm not going to accept it. 

In theory, anything at all could be potentially lethal so for you to mention it when no one else felt a need to mention it seems really silly, honestly. There are no characters in the roleplay who have thus far felt the need to state that they are capable of killing someone. If you're a weapon, its kind of obvious that you could potentially kill, so to state it makes it seem as though you're more deadly than any other weapon in the story. 

That's how I tend to read it, at least. 

If you state that a blow is potentially lethal, chances are I'm not going to accept it. 

In theory, anything at all could be potentially lethal so for you to mention it when no one else felt a need to mention it seems really silly, honestly. There are no characters in the roleplay who have thus far felt the need to state that they are capable of killing someone. If you're a weapon, its kind of obvious that you could potentially kill, so to state it makes it seem as though you're more deadly than any other weapon in the story. 

That's how I tend to read it, at least. 

I mean, weapons are instruments of killing, so I would have thought that some weapons have the capacitu to kill. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have to work details out if it came to something like that for the reasons you mentioned, but I don't find the mention of that ability a problem. The only reason I'm saying something is because, like I said, these  are weapons we're talking about. So I guess I find the disagreement kinda silly.

STOP HATING EACH OTHER!

tumblr_od3rh1cGVt1rjfgdxo1_400.gif

AND HATE THIS GUY! HE ALMOST KILLED WATTERSON-KUN!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been running this rp for almost a year now. I have some help from my two lovely duck squad members but I've been accepting characters myself for a while. I am going to continue doing what I have been doing until something goes majorly wrong within the rp and can be directly traced back to the way I accept characters. 

If anyone has a problem with that, they can PM me.

I am done with this discussion in the OOC and will not be commenting further here. 

I have been running this rp for almost a year now. I have some help from my two lovely duck squad members but I've been accepting characters myself for a while. I am going to continue doing what I have been doing until something goes majorly wrong within the rp and can be directly traced back to the way I accept characters. 

I am done with this discussion in the OOC and will not be commenting further here. 

You...sound upset. HAVE A GIF!

Q1qe1Ht.gif

Alright. Nobody was trying to question your leadership. It just seemed like people weren't understanding each other. Sorry if I was causing trouble. I just really like talking about this stuff and because of ADHD, I lack the ability to shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back