Out Of Character

I still would like to know why weren't we able to join up with Group A. Does the GM know it is possible to make multiple location threads while in a Hosted Project? I just wanna put that out there. Its often a downfall of single thread rps is one has to list the one location that differs from the others. Couldn't we just make multiple location threads? 

We could also do a lot more in terms of quality of life improvements--I'm willing to help out though. If given the chance. I checked on the other group and they seem a bit worried too. 

Shoe-horning 2 new teams into group A would require a good amount of retconning and forcing the other 6 teams to adjust to it. I already shoe-horned in 2 teams when I originally had 4. Having 6 teams to manage in one instance is chaotic enough, so this offers a fresh start for everyone's characters without hassle.

Also, don't refer to me as "The GM". If you need to ask me something just tag me.

[SIZE= 72px]GROUP B < GROUP A[/SIZE]

Your move, @CupAndCough( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoe-horning 2 new teams into group A would require a good amount of retconning and forcing the other 6 teams to adjust to it. I already shoe-horned in 2 teams when I originally had 4. Having 6 teams to manage in one instance is chaotic enough, so this offers a fresh start for everyone's characters without hassle.

Also, don't refer to me as "The GM". If you need to ask me something just tag me.

I mean would it be shoe-horning if there was multiple stories going on in different location threads? It also adds to a level of complexity and depth to it that a single forum for rp'ing doesn't allow, ya know? Stories that are Not-So-Parallel running at the same time. Just seems highly unothrodox and a bit spreading thin the ranks in this situation. And I doubt it'll be a hassle for them if we had an area to start then the rest to integrate? Adds a lot to the story. 

wait, I have an idea, when it gets to the point of the Vytal festival, we use a common thread so our teams can fight each other w/o much to worry about having seperate threads. same with the ball and stuff like that

I mean would it be shoe-horning if there was multiple stories going on in different location threads? It also adds to a level of complexity and depth to it that a single forum for rp'ing doesn't allow, ya know? Stories that are Not-So-Parallel running at the same time. Just seems highly unothrodox and a bit spreading thin the ranks in this situation. And I doubt it'll be a hassle for them if we had an area to start then the rest to integrate? Adds a lot to the story. 

I have my reasons for keeping these two groups separate. The storyline of Group B is an altered form of the one Group A is following so there won't be any integrating. You'll be in similar but separate groups. I'll open up the possibility of playing your characters as NPC's in each other's threads for occasions like the Vytal festival, but that's all.

Group B will more than likely gain another team or 2 due to interest in this thread so don't worry about there not being enough people to interact with. As far as complexity and depth goes, that should be accomplished by character development on a personal level rather than by multitude of characters.

My decision to have separate threads stands.

@Xion136, if you need someone to interact with Sora I would be happy to volunteer, but Lilith isn't the type to just stop for small talk. Lilith is going to walk past everyone and head strait for the auditorium unless she has to stop. So if your down with Sora-Lilith interactions, have Sora do something klutzy (If that's in her character) that Lilith stops to help her with. Maybe she can't reach her luggage? Maybe she has too much luggage to carry by herself? Maybe she drops something as she's walking? Maybe she bumps into Lilith? Maybe she trips? I would just do it myself if I were playing any character other than Lilith as she is the definition of grace.

So what do you think?

@Xion136, if you need someone to interact with Sora I would be happy to volunteer, but Lilith isn't the type to just stop for small talk. Lilith is going to walk past everyone and head strait for the auditorium unless she has to stop. So if your down with Sora-Lilith interactions, have Sora do something klutzy (If that's in her character) that Lilith stops to help her with. Maybe she can't reach her luggage? Maybe she has too much luggage to carry by herself? Maybe she drops something as she's walking? Maybe she bumps into Lilith? Maybe she trips? I would just do it myself if I were playing any character other than Lilith as she is the definition of grace.

So what do you think?

Sora being klutz actually is in her character. She sometimes does silly things xD dropping all her luggage is something I was planning on doing.

Will do that as soon as I finish some GTAO.

Just a heads up, on Lilith's character sheet I added one more skill, one more weakness, and her sexuality. 

Sorry it takes me like an hour to type up a post. Having ADD does not help the writing process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back