OOC

Ooooh,a boyfriend. SCANDALOUS. UTTERLY SCANDALOUS. Jokes aside it's a pretty good book I'd think. 

we don't speak of that dark era in my life

like imagine being gay but getting peer pressured by your "friends" into dating a guy, it was not fun, let me tell you that. i might have to read that book now! ^.^

we don't speak of that dark era in my life

like imagine being gay but getting peer pressured by your "friends" into dating a guy, it was not fun, let me tell you that. i might have to read that book now! ^.^

Oh that sucks. You'd better have ditched those 'friends' .-. Pining over a straight friend for four years is not too fun either, but it was more of a bittersweet thing if you get me. Ups and downs. 

Give it a go  :D  Do you read any fantasy?

Oh that sucks. You'd better have ditched those 'friends' .-. Pining over a straight friend for four years is not too fun either, but it was more of a bittersweet thing if you get me. Ups and downs. 

Give it a go  :D  Do you read any fantasy?

yes i have better friends now! i did have this thing for a girl for several years and she was actually queer but just not interested in me. somehow, that kinda hurt me more than liking a straight girl. because she didn't like me, not my gender :(  

i actually don't read much fantasy because i find myself picking holes in it. but i do like Percy Jackson and I do like the clockwork angel series and i really like some fantasy cartoons/tv shows. my main genre to read is slice of life honestly, though i do read other things. 

yes i have better friends now! i did have this thing for a girl for several years and she was actually queer but just not interested in me. somehow, that kinda hurt me more than liking a straight girl. because she didn't like me, not my gender :(  

i actually don't read much fantasy because i find myself picking holes in it. but i do like Percy Jackson and I do like the clockwork angel series and i really like some fantasy cartoons/tv shows. my main genre to read is slice of life honestly, though i do read other things. 

Aww, there there. *pats back* I've never liked someone I've had a chance with at all so I can't say much on that.

I feel like I'm the only one who complacently goes along with whatever the author says for fantasy things ahaha. Name of the wind is my favourite, and I find Brandon Sanderson's books are pretty solid. Have you read any Dianne Wynne Jones? Her books are quite a bit different style than others I've read I think, even if some of them are a bit young-ish (though still good). I never caught onto the clockwork angel series though. Didn't catch my attention too much.What slice of life do you read? 

@AnimeGenork Damn, I never read those, but I checked out a synopsis and it sounds hilarious.

i am physically unable to cope with badly written fantasy, it really pisses me off. but i might check out some of those series you recommended- haven't had anything to read in a while. one fantasy series i do really like is actually a radio podcast, not a book, but i should mention that because i've been invested in it for a few years now. welcome to night vale. if you haven't heard that, you should because it's exceptionally good. 

i like reading independent slice of life books. series always run dry for me.

some of my favourites are seed by lisa heathfield, paperweight by meg haston, am I normal yet? by holly bourne, radio silence by alice oseman, and love letters to the dead by ava last-name-i-can't-spell.

Yeah, I've tried  nightvale but I didn't get very far, things popped up and I forgot about it. Maybe I'll start it over again. I did like that creeping sense of...not-right-ness.  Haha, DianneWJ has so many good books (for my taste that is) I don't even know which to recommend. 

Oh, I'll try to read those then. After trials. Which start tomorrow. *long suffering sigh* 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back