[OOC Thread] [The Resurgent]

Wyuli said:
It may be a little tight, but I will try and insert myself as gently as possible.
You beast, you.

Word on the street is that you can talk you way into the mansion now. Stories conflict on what exactly was said to the head of the guard, Waterblade. Most are too worried about the rumor of a Realm invasion to care. They are more focused on gathering their things and fleeing.

Committed motes question:

Let's say I have a 10m pool and spend 5 motes on a scene long charm that requires those 5 motes to be committed.

I now have a pool of 5/10.

Now let's say I stunt 2 motes back.

I now have a pool of 7/10.

It would seem that I no longer have motes committed, or only have 3 committed, is that how this is suppossed to work?

If not, I think I was doin it wrong last scene.

Kalarix said:
I think I was doin it wrong last scene.
Likely. Committed motes cannot be recovered. In the above example of a 10m pool with 5m committed, you can never have more than 5m available to spend while you sustain that committment. You cannot stunt back to 7/10m.

Which makes enlightened mortals using artifacts basically do nothing else, as they have mote pools of 10 rather frequently.

So, for clarification, what really should happen is:

Let's say I have a 10m pool and spend 5 motes on a scene long charm that requires those 5 motes to be committed.

I now have a pool of 0/5.

Since I have nothing "spent" in my current available pool, I can't return motes.

Really, the denominator should change in the case of a commited charm being cast.

Kalarix said:
So, for clarification, what really should happen is:

I now have a pool of 0/5.

Since I have nothing "spent" in my current available pool, I can't return motes.

Really, the denominator should change in the case of a commited charm being cast.
It's more of this:

You have a mote pool of 10. You want to activate a scene length charm for 5 motes, and have an artifact that requires 2 motes to commit (already committed).

You start the scene with 8/10 motes, with 2 committed to your artifact. You might want to represent this as:

Pool: 8/10

2 committed to artifactA

You then activate your super Scene Length Charm. This commits 5 motes for the duration of the charm (as all charms commit their mote cost for the duration of the charm, unless otherwise indicated).

Now you have:

Pool: 3/10

2 committed to artifactA

5 committed to Super Scene Length Charm

Now you use an excellency, and you burn those last three motes. You can stunt back up to those three motes (since excellencies have a duration of 'Instant').

Now, this stuff becomes slightly important in circumstances like what we're in now. For example, I used my form charm last scene, which happened relatively recently. During that scene, I kept those motes committed, but they're uncommitted now.

Unfortunately for me, not enough time passed for me to regain motes, so I need to stunt back or wait on getting those freed up motes back.

Make sense? And you might add the committed lines to help keep track of mote pool regaining.

Once Petrin speaks I'll be confirming what he says with my own information regarding the fire and water aspect I can vouch for, and the ex wood aspect.

NoisyCricket said:
Tikor said:
Petrin, dealing the hand
<Gytherial, guards, fill out later>
<Witty Comment, question Seped's relationship with hamsters, fill out later>
<pithy continuation of witty comment, with anecdote from seped's dorm life with sheltim, fill out later>

Kalarix said:
NoisyCricket said:
Tikor said:
Petrin, dealing the hand
<Gytherial, guards, fill out later>
<Witty Comment, question Seped's relationship with hamsters, fill out later>
<pithy continuation of witty comment, with anecdote from seped's dorm life with sheltim, fill out later>
<Find out a better way to kill the party than 'rocks fall'>

<stop writing notes about killing party on forum>

Between working ot yesterday, work today and canadian thanksgiving i'm a little delayed here.

Should have a post by tomorrow though.

^^

Tikor said:
------------
Attack resolved

- Tick 0 -- Thanatos

- Tick 1 --

- Tick 2 --

- Tick 3 -- Rillard, Noisy Cricket

- Tick 4 -- Waterblade

[Now] - Tick 5 -- Balthazar, Petrin

- Tick 6 --

- Tick 7 --

- Tick 8 -- Rillard

- Tick 9 -- Noisy Cricket

- Tick 10 --

Code:
_X_|_O_|_O_
___|_X_|___
  |   | X

Power overwhelming! on an unrelated note, fully editable forums may diminish certain game types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back