[OOC Thread] The Matrix [Anathema Ascendant]

The last one sounds great, the Dexterity Excellency's... difficult.

Actually, that's a point- can Eclipses and Moonshadows learn other Exalts' Excellencies?

Only from those other Exalts who do not have Ability-Excellencies, IIRC. But your own Ability Excellencies count as such for getting their Charms that require an Excellency of that Ability.

Yeah, that was roughly what I was thinking. It's probably not the most effective of choices, although a Lunar Second Intelligence Excellency could make for interestingness with Craft...

MorkaisChosen said:
Lunar Second Intelligence Excellency could make for interestingness with Craft...
While that might be cool to theorise you come to a bit of a grind when you realise that there is a cap of dice gained through charms, you might as well stick to your own Excellency tree.

So wrapping your Craft Excellency with Intelligence Excellency still grinds to a quick halt considering your max cap is Int+Craft as a max of dice added through charms.

Then again Simple from a flexibility point of view All Lunar excellencies is on a Must buy list for Eclipse/Moonshadow Exalts.

Even with the 2m surcharge being able to slip out an extra bunch of dice or Success on a task your life suddenly depends on... is it worth the 20xp.. Urm... 180XP.. Urm... 360XP... Just to get all first and second Lunar excellencies.:roll:

EDIT: On second thought... It's cheaper to buy First and Second Intelligence Excellency then to buy the myriad of Craft charms out there.

40XP

Vs

Buying 16/20XP per craft ability.

Air

Earth

Fire

Water

Wood

Magitech

Necrotech

Genesis

etc...

Intelligence Excellency =/= Craft Excellency for prereqs

Luck, remember, Arishat doesn't have any Knacks to speed up her shapeshifting, so returning to human form takes a speed 5 misc action. When did you take this?

Additionally, could I have some statistical input on what exactly Arishat and her minions are doing?

knightfall said:
Oh I wasn't saying it was. Just saying if one was into crafts... It's a quick way for results, you can focus buy the one you really want all the charms for. But a straight excellency comparison, int Excellency works job quicker even if it has a lower dice cap.

I can take move actions every tick, right? That's all I'm doing, shifting then moving. It doesn't really matter to me what tick she acted on exactly, she's not going to be jumping into the fray willingly. Tick 12, maybe?

The soldiers are following Arishat, Arishat is following The Prophet. That's it. I can barely follow what's happened already, so I'm trying to at least keep my own actions as basic as I can right now.

MorkaisChosen said:
The last one sounds great, the Dexterity Excellency's... difficult.
Actually, that's a point- can Eclipses and Moonshadows learn other Exalts' Excellencies?
I think they can learn Alchemical Excellencies.

Messily.

Wuffy said:
knightfall said:
Oh I wasn't saying it was. Just saying if one was into crafts... It's a quick way for results, you can focus buy the one you really want all the charms for. But a straight excellency comparison, int Excellency works job quicker even if it has a lower dice cap.
Not... really?

From the sidebar under Craft Charms in core:

CRAFT MINIMUMS
Characters can fulfill the Craft minimum for a Craft Charm with any Craft Ability. Supplemental Charms apply

only to Crafts that the character masters to the level of the Craft minimum. Other Charms apply to all Crafts unless otherwise stated. A character with five dots of Craft (Fire) and no other Crafts could use Object-Strengthening Touch on any object, but could use Crack-Mending Technique to supplement repairs only suitable to Craft (Fire).
Basically, if you have Craft 1 in something, you can apply the Excellency.

So... if shapeshifting takes 5 ticks, does this mean it's still shapeshifting for those 5 ticks? Or is it in the air and Tali is now seated on it?

Just what is needed to stay on the darn thing... are stunts necessary?

also current tick...

tick 14 < nao here

- Leoria (next action)

- Prophet (next action)

- trinity (next action)

- Izumi (next action)

- Arishat (next action)

- all 5 BS soldiers (next action)

Trying to ride and no effect from something suddenly being larger than the mount... -_-

:lol:

Honestly, it's been making tactical mistakes all over the place up until this point, and it really doesn't have much hope of surviving much longer. You did a good deal of damage to it.

If by doggie you mean Amorphous nightmare horror constantly squirming and rippling then no. Unfortunately you won't.

On the plus side. Every dead Chimera is a new Lunar ready to exalt...

Now that's a twisted thought. Lunar bond kicking in between a Solar and an amorous Chimera.

Wuffy said:
If by doggie you mean Amorphous nightmare horror constantly squirming and rippling then no. Unfortunately you won't.
On the plus side. Every dead Chimera is a new Lunar ready to exalt...

Now that's a twisted thought. Lunar bond kicking in between a Solar and an amorous Chimera.
/already had that planned for one of you

/different chimera, though

:lol:

How long does it take for a new celestial exalted to pop-up after the old one dies?

Had to ask, given the AU-ness of the setting. :lol:

Depends how lazy Lytek is feeling I guess ;)

Celestial Bureaus get so messy I can not begin to tell you :D

Could see Lytek sitting around bored without all those exaltations to work on.

"Well solars are out of the loop, Lunars are hidding so they don't need much care, Terrestrials have their own deal... And sidereals seem to resent the memory cleanse."

I'm not sure exactly how the rules work here. Can you aim at a creature that's flying and get the benefit of the aim when it swoops down and attacks you?

If that's a yes, this is an aim action, and I'm intending to keep aiming until the beast swoops, then abort and smite it with mighty smiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back