OOC Thread [The Darkening]

Okay, so I'm thinking a spiritseer who is a painter. She keeps a small studio (probably a little cabin where she also sleeps) on the ship and sells her work when the ship makes port, a portion of the profits going back into the ship matinence etc in exchange for the keeping of her studio. Though not mainstream her paintings, which detail her strange vision of the world due to her "gifts" have a bit of a cult following.

Could a Laman born on the frontier be born a spirit seer? If not she'll just have moved north a while ago.

Also, Dell still has my laptop, so it'll be a bit before I can post regularly.

As long as at least one of her parents was Laman, she could be born anywhere.

And in this version of the setting, there is a problem with being born on the Frontier - it's no longer the Frontier, it's the Curselands. The only things 'born' there these days are ghouls.

I suppose I won't have much to do except look grim and sulky until we reach port - or I am needed to quell a magic surge...

We'll see how much I feel like introducing antagonists during the next in-game hour.

For example, if it proves necessary to remove now-ownerless PC or two.

Except the captain. I'm rather hoping one of you will mutiny.

Mutiny... There's a way to stave off boredom...

'Course, that's only if the captain's irritating enough to deserve it. Still, who knows what could happen...?

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for Pietr to have some poisons for his blade handy?

Entirely conceivable, Sarky.

In fact, being a Dellebron, he could conceivably spill a little of his own malicious blood on the blade for a particularly nasty poison.

Dellebron Bloodtoxin: A bitter-smelling poison made from Dellebron blood, this foul toxin feels like ice in the bloodstream and salt on an open wound.

1 Health Damage per Round per level of Transcendence, for a number of Rounds equal to Transcendence by 2.

Edit for clarity: The poison spreads from the point of contact sufficently slowly that one could amputate the limb or apply a touniquet within two Rounds. Further, it costs the Dellebron 1 Health to poison their weapon in this way. Finally, the Dellebron can accidentally poison themselves with Bloodtoxin - it is the spiteful act of cutting oneself to harm the enemy that imbues the blood with toxic power.

Absolutely. Or even during, if you'd like a side-thread to cock about the spire.

Ooh, can haz precarious mucking about with toolkits and climbing gear?

Also, items I'm planning on taking from the tower, was thinking of including a lightning pistol among them. That ok?

That said, I wouldn't mind having the prototype if I can use my Craft skill to make sure it won't just detonate.

So what kind of things besides weapons and armor can Ayo bind spirits into? Like, could she bind a spirit of silence into a pair of boots for a stealth bonus?

At the tower, possibly. It should be easy to find an excuse for her to be at Kaiden's Spire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back