[OOC thread] A Path to Enlightenment [Chronicles of a Thousands Fists]

What do you mean? using the same XP chart for everyone? I've been in a game like that before, but I can't say how well it worked cause the campaign fell apart not too long after it started.

For sure it would be easier for keeping track, but it means that Solars might feel a bit cheated, not that there are that many Solars here...

Considering their overall domination of others exalt due to their charms and excellencies... I think it could be ok, but I want everyone to give their opinion. :)

I'm all for it, after all, all it does is reduce the cost of upping my stuff, though I assume Lunars still get a break for their favored Attributes.

Edit: I hope you'll let each of us know when we can spend the XP.

I suggest that you do not use the Solar XP chart for everyone, mainly because the game was created with the current balance already in mind. If you do anything, I suggest if and when Enlightened Mortals and/or God-Blooded members of the game Exalt, that they receive some kind of XP refund for the difference between the cost they had paid and what they would have (since God-Blooded members would most likely lose use of their Spirit Charms, XP refunds for those purchases might be in order as well).

To be honest, having an XP difference will also keep things interesting. As a whole this game will eventually be dealing with vastly different scales of power, comparisons that would be interesting to look at. While a lot, if not most of the power comes from the Charms available to each character type and such, XP costs do play a slight but important role. I'm not saying this because I'm playing a Solar (or will be once I am free enough to finish his backstory). Since this is mostly a game of many solo-stories, who I play in comparison to everyone else is irrelevant. My view on this comes from my understanding and perceptions on how Exalted is intended to work, and what I think is cool. Truth be told, though, if you really feel the need to change the XP Charts that badly, I'm not going to put up a fuss about it :P .

If any alterations to XP Charts should be made, you probably should lower the XP cost for Lunar knacks to 8xp, as well as the cost of non-SMA Martial Arts Charms for Sidereals to 8xp 10xp for Favored/Non-Favored (and raising the cost of SMA Charms to 10xp/12xp).

I would say to keep the XP charts the way they are, after all, they are that way for a reason, though some of it is to keep the balance between Exalt types, I still think that they are fine the way they are.

I like the exp charts where they are, as others have said they were put like that for a reason...

but having said that I don't really mind that much either way, its only crunch and crunch aint as important as fluff

Doesn't matter to me much, since I rolled Solar. Seems like everyone's fine with the lot they pulled anyway, and if someone REALLY wants to use a worse chart than what's available, they could just not spend all of their experience. Leaves the option to upgrade, too.

=P

I like Eclipses. They're kinda the jack of all trades of Solars. Reasonably battle proficient, reasonably persuasive, reasonably resilient(well, no but the whole "Haha, gods, demons, and Fae can't attack me" substitutes")

Plus, let's face it. They have the coolest Caste Mark.

Yeah, I'm for keeping the current xp rate....as has been argued

-it's like that for a reason

-folks knew what they were getting into going into it

-considering the way the stories go around and may or may not be bumping into others, it doesn't matter too much the relative power levels and keeps folks kinda guessing....Also there is a trade off for the combatants, if someone goes anima mid fight gaining a free 'Known Anathema" flaw is the least of their worries as the wyld hunt rallies and atacks by the end of the tourney

I'm not gonna argue with anyone, and frankly all i care about is just playing, and feeling like my character does grow and evolve as he goes along.

Whether using the Solar table or the Lunar table isn't too much difference to me. I can live with either.

I can't help but feel that if ever we all should gather in one place, it'd be quite a strange circle indeed.

...Also, I don't know if Spirits have an XP Table :?

if we should all gather in one place, you can almost be sure that fighting will break out almost immediatelly, at last between the DBs and the Celestials. I have no idea how the rest of you will react.

if we should all gather in one place' date=' you can almost be sure that fighting will break out almost immediatelly, at last between the DBs and the Celestials. I have no idea how the rest of you will react.[/quote']
Ibis'll probably blink a lot, sit down, and watch. Maybe make the battlefield more interesting with lots of water everywhere.

Unless there's an Air-aspect involved, in which case he'll jump into the fray and try and beat the stuffing out of him.

From what I could extract from ROGD 1

A spirit possesses a minimum number of Charms
equal to its Willpower, and generally possesses a number

of Charms equal to ([Essence x2] + [Cult x2] +

[the sum of Virtues]).
Spirits get 15 bonus points, spent just a Solar

would spend them save that all Charms—including

non-spirit Charms—cost seven bonus points
In terms of experience, spirits can gain and spend it

as the other characters do, but can only buy Abilities,

Virtues, sorcery and supernatural martial arts.
Meaning aside from SMA and sorcery, you need to upgrade your essence, your cult or your virtues to get additional charms.

I will apply a solar xp table for elementals, but I am not sure of what I should do with spirit charms...

The system as is doesn't convince me - considering raising a virtue by 1 point would give you 1 charm - so I think that setting the xp cost of spirit charms to 12 is reasonable enough.

if we should all gather in one place' date=' you can almost be sure that fighting will break out almost immediatelly, at last between the DBs and the Celestials. I have no idea how the rest of you will react.[/quote']
Jari's response would likely be something like "Whoa, WHOA WHOA! HEY! Hey! Stoppit."

Actually, now I think of it, most of you probably would, lest you burn a bunch of willpower before the fight gets in swing.

Tamat would....make use of Lightning Speed, run away, and possibly doff his top hat at anyone not fighting as he got the hell out of there...

Ivy Tusks would probably try to hug the DBs one at a time, they are so cuddly, and it's so gratifying to hear their bones pop when you squeeze. :mrgreen:

Actually scratch that. Tamat doesn't run unless he's revealed as a Solar. Till then he sells tickets to the fight and takes bets.

Captain Vallo would gather everyone 'round and tell such a rip roaring, thigh slapping, belly laughingly good tall tale that everyone would be having such a good time that they wouldn't want to fight and just wander off in a good moods....

well in his head anyway....

Karrth : I give sadbot until the end of the week to answer his topic, and we be moving on from monday !

Wow.

I just noticed I still have 8 Bonus Points unspent. No idea what those'll go into eventually. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back