OOC for Midheavens

same theyre interesting!!

i was looking at Wings's Despair thing again, could you elaborate "have an outburst that hurts you or another"?

• There have been signs of a Nadir in the same poor area of Astrophel as the residents that distrust you.
  • Due to a recent near-riot, the authorities have imposed a curfew on your district.

I kind of don't know what's happening because my notifications for this got lost somehow but I'll pick number 2 and 3 for the Love Letter thing

Could someone kindly give me the lowdown on what's going on?

Alright after a few minutes of tough choices, I'll go for:

• A Nadir is headed in your direction.
  • You've seen some sort of magical graffiti around the city, and for some reason, you can understand it's retelling the folktale of Astrophel's apocalypse.

same theyre interesting!!

i was looking at Wings's Despair thing again, could you elaborate "have an outburst that hurts you or another"?

That was left purposely vague, so people could interpret it in a way that suited their character. The only stipulation is that someone has to get hurt - at least one person involved can't walk away unscathed. There are several ways this can happen:

• Saying something emotionally charged that hits someone where it hurts.
  • Punching a brick wall and getting bloody knuckles.
  • Doing something reckless and illegal to take your mind off of your despair, getting the attention of the authorities.
  • I'm sure you can think of more.
I kind of don't know what's happening because my notifications for this got lost somehow but I'll pick number 2 and 3 for the Love Letter thing

Could someone kindly give me the lowdown on what's going on?

I've been having trouble running this and getting things moving, so we're doing a timeskip to tomorrow, and removing two players who have been inactive for too long. The Love Letters are there to introduce complications quickly, giving you something hard to respond to (and get Despair/Hope from, and cause other good things or complications). Does this help?

That was left purposely vague, so people could interpret it in a way that suited their character. The only stipulation is that someone has to get hurt - at least one person involved can't walk away unscathed. There are several ways this can happen:

• Saying something emotionally charged that hits someone where it hurts.
  • Punching a brick wall and getting bloody knuckles.
  • Doing something reckless and illegal to take your mind off of your despair, getting the attention of the authorities.
  • I'm sure you can think of more.

I've been having trouble running this and getting things moving, so we're doing a timeskip to tomorrow, and removing two players who have been inactive for too long. The Love Letters are there to introduce complications quickly, giving you something hard to respond to (and get Despair/Hope from, and cause other good things or complications). Does this help?

Okay, the only idea i have for it, is Wings transforms in her home, and releases bottled up emotions in anger and sadness, and manages to magically hurt her mother, putting her in the hospital or something? is that fine?

Okay, the only idea i have for it, is Wings transforms in her home, and releases bottled up emotions in anger and sadness, and manages to magically hurt her mother, putting her in the hospital or something? is that fine?

._.

O_O

It doesn't have to be that serious, but it works! It could introduce some interesting knots to work out.

Yeah, that helps, thanks for clearing it up!

._.

O_O

It doesn't have to be that serious, but it works! It could introduce some interesting knots to work out.

OH it didnt? XD well i didnt intend to hurt her so bad she would be like in a coma, or in a hospital for all that long, just sort of like a "oh crap, Wings you shouldn't do that, you shouldnt let your emotions get out of hand like that again"

her mom wont know what happened, and will be out soon enough, after getting some treatment x3

but if that works, ill go with that then

put my despair to 0/3 and put this in the cs right?

OH it didnt? XD well i didnt intend to hurt her so bad she would be like in a coma, or in a hospital for all that long, just sort of like a "oh crap, Wings you shouldn't do that, you shouldnt let your emotions get out of hand like that again"

her mom wont know what happened, and will be out soon enough, after getting some treatment x3

but if that works, ill go with that then

put my despair to 0/3 and put this in the cs right?

Mhmm!

done and done, cs updated :)

its an interesting idea, imo, cuz Wings relies pretty heavily on her mother, and itll teach her that her magic can also cause harm and should be more careful when using it

._.

O_O

I guess technically, she doesnt have to be put in the hospital, she could just be put into a bed at home and get some rest, would that be a bit tamer?

I'll take

• For some reason, your friend Honey Sharp is very upset lately.
  • Arisu (the white bird) tells you about the death of another Midheaven. Take 1 Despair.

Both of the tagicite options are more personally relevant.  But these two hold more promise in engaging Sunshine in the immediate plot. ;)

I'll take

• For some reason, your friend Honey Sharp is very upset lately.
  • Arisu (the white bird) tells you about the death of another Midheaven. Take 1 Despair.

Both of the tagicite options are more personally relevant.  But these two hold more promise in engaging Sunshine in the immediate plot. ;)

Alright!

And with that, folks, we have all of our love letters read and decided. I will have a GMing post up... tomorrow afternoon, because I'm tired and there are some things I have to take care of. Thanks for being so quick and understanding about all this, everyone.

I mean, it's what I rolled up for Mantis's conflicts - and I guess making her life interesting involves making her suffer, in this case.

But like I want to heeeeeeeeeelp.

Yet all Storm is doing is drawing the Apocalypse like a prophet of the damned...

But like I want to heeeeeeeeeelp.

Yet all Storm is doing is drawing the Apocalypse like a prophet of the damned...

Maybe catch her on the way to the flower shop after she interacts with River?

^D^  so hi there, possible relations for my sad little boy who hasn't been 'midheavened' yet? ^w^

I notice that your character is a little younger than most of the others, and am trying to figure out how to work with that. Are any of the characters' workplaces a favorite haunt of his? Are any of them younger enough that he could've known them when they were still in school?

i have concluded that h is likely to to have seem the 3, 19 year old characters, possibly at school, probably being only a few grades lower then them before the accident. Wings is the most likely one for him to have encountered being only a year older then him, although with they're different interests they're not likely to be that close. In his previous state he might have bumped into her, striking up a short conversations trying to make friends before being one his way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back