• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom OOC for Earth 17371

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
  1. Are you trying to tell me that if one these characters belittles or critiques her ability to effectively use her power, she'll do the opposite? I mean, these people are attempting to make her not believe in herself, correct?
  2. "Getting stressed may cause a incident similar to Amelia's Dark Day incident" but if she's stressed, anything in the vicinity will be distorted, possibly killing her.
  3. You're still not defining her "potential" though.
  4. There's honestly no limit to her power.
Andrita Andrita

They tend to have a lot of potential for good character development more often than not.

For the guys responding to me ... Can you guys STOP for a dang minute !!!! I need time to respond to about 3-5 responses every second:

- For one I already explained that to you Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts . Potential is why I did it. To show off the power of her raw potential without any shapening , and to give the guys a realm . i had a actual story reasoning for why I would even mention it. Like Jeez... You guys are coming at me like I did it out of a whim and didn't think this through all day for the past week...

- And like I said, you guys are saying it like I warped The One Above All or some crap. I didn't. I can take him out... It isn't a problem . Can you please stop bashing my character for one goddang minute with unfounded insults

- If she was a Mary Sue she would be completely flawless. Keyword: She isn't. She never was intended to be that way Being OP and Being a Mary Sue are too different things if utilized correctly. Stop puting someone under a umbrella if you don't know what you are referring to.

- Her powers won't work at all if she doesn't beleive they will. Basically, if a Mind Manipulator gets into her mind and convinces her otherwise... She'll be completely and utterly useless. It can be done w/o mind powers too just have to be able to manipulate her, and considering she 's highly sensitive... It isn't that difficult.

- I meant to word it a bit differently. I forgot to put "Over-Stressed" , not just "Stressed", because she is always stressed. Sorry if that is confusing as crap.

- Her potential is essentially

- I wasn't 100% done on all her weaknesses though . It was still very much a WIP .

The problem with omni dimensional god like abilities is that there is no limit or any way for someone less poweful to counter them. So the only way to challenge them is for them to go against their own kind.

With that said the people that issues with your character are the mods and gm of the rp. With that said. What they say goes? If you can't handle criticism it might be best you for you to not rp with this group.

1. "Her potential is essentially" essentially . . . what?
  2. Then why were you concerned if you were accepted or not? Besides, your character sheet has no mark of a "WIP"
Andrita Andrita

The problem with omni dimensional god like abilities is that there is no limit or any way for someone less poweful to counter them. So the only way to challenge them is for them to go against their own kind.

With that said the people that issues with your character are the mods and gm of the rp. With that said. What they say goes? If you can't handle criticism it might be best you for you to not rp with this group.
also BEING A THREAT TO THE ONE ABOVE ALL'S REALM!

also BEING A THREAT TO THE ONE ABOVE ALL'S REALM!
Yes which still comes down to you having to have villain a equal to or stronger to conter this character. There no reason to go to that level. It be far easier to put real limits in place like range, power, and physical weakness to the ability.

Yes which still comes down to you having to have villain a equal to or stronger to conter this character. There no reason to gp tp the level. It be far easier to put real limits in place like range, power, and physical weakness to the ability.
I don't think we even have any characters like that and also that would mean only she can participate in that arc

Not to mention, it'd be a cake walk for that equal villain to take out, let's say, someone who's a Alpha threat or below

well it would take someone like the living tribunal or the one above all depending on her full power or on the low end eternity or infinity

I don't think we even have any characters like that and also that would mean only she can participate in that arc
I know. I am actually defended your decision. You are right it flawed as a character to be able to hurt the source wall.

How are these for weaknesses: Her portals weaken if overused is one of her weaknesses, then they can be destroyed. If they are overused, she can't used them with a cool-down of at least 30 minutes. She can use a few portals at a time before getting tired . She can only access her potential so long before getting tired. Anyone can beat her based on pure skill . Her powers won't work if she's too injured and they will kill her if she tries to access them while she's heavily injured . All of these were weaknesses I planned on editing in. I didn't expect anyone to look at it until tomorrow.

How ? I literally just said that I would take him out, and said " It wasn't like I wrote that the portals can warp TOAA " . I wasn't ever thinking of doing that. It was a example of what I could've done, not what I would've done . It was how strong her portals were due to a potential release. She isn't, or ever was going to be walking around with that level of power all the time . It's an example of what she could be, not what I am going to portray her as here. She'll more or less be a spectator of what's to come from afar .

Beyonder has been challenged not once, but twice because of someone skilled enough to hold their own [ Dr.Strange & Molecule Man ] and beat them, despite them admitting they were vastly weaker. It's just an example . It's literally just a character who can use portals as a means of helping the characters escape or find safe haven. I wasn't going to oneshot everybody.

And nice Source Wall reference.

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou And while that's an excellent idea ... I'm unsure if it'll be accepted.

How are these for weaknesses: Her portals weaken if overused is one of her weaknesses, then they can be destroyed. If they are overused, she can't used them with a cool-down of at least 30 minutes. She can use a few portals at a time before getting tired . She can only access her potential so long before getting tired. Anyone can beat her based on pure skill . Her powers won't work if she's too injured and they will kill her if she tries to access them while she's heavily injured . All of these were weaknesses I planned on editing in. I didn't expect anyone to look at it until tomorrow.

How ? I literally just said that I would take him out, and said " It wasn't like I wrote that the portals can warp TOAA " . I wasn't ever thinking of doing that. It was a example of what I could've done, not what I would've done . It was how strong her portals were due to a potential release. She isn't, or ever was going to be walking around with that level of power all the time . It's an example of what she could be, not what I am going to portray her as here. She'll more or less be a spectator of what's to come from afar .

Beyonder has been challenged not once, but twice because of someone skilled enough to hold their own [ Dr.Strange & Molecule Man ] and beat them, despite them admitting they were vastly weaker. It's just an example . It's literally just a character who can use portals as a means of helping the characters escape or find safe haven. I wasn't going to oneshot everybody.

Lil Shirou Lil Shirou And while that's an excellent idea ... I'm unsure if it'll be accepted.
answer this question, Why are you so keen on being an Omega Level character

Sure. It was because they have a lot of potential , and most of the characters I love are Omega / Alpha .Also the fact I wanted to make an Omega Level since Phoenix first appeared in Marvel.

If she's as bad as you guys say.... Just let her be portrayed as a spectator from the sidelines. Not neccessarily as a Watcher per say , but someone whose literally due to their emotional trauma won't ever be involved with the Good or Bad guys , and spectate what's to come from the sidelines . It won't be that big of a change, and she won't be the 'spotlight' . It won't hurt the flow of the RP , and I still get to use the character . Meanwhile, I'll try to make a much lower tiered character whose perfect to fight alongside you guys. I'll likely go with either a Meta-Human of sorts, or a much lower tiered Mutant . Will that help ?

Okay you can't get piss because you didn't mention weakness until after someone said something aka mods. If you are in the middle of editing in info. The correct way of doing it is work in progress aka wip.

My character can only become animals she had previously touch and turn into. I literally have go to a different time for anything else. Psychic powers are a weakness and so are the vary instincts of the animal I turn into.

I'm sorry... I expected to not add those in until tomorrow. I didn't expect it to be today of all times I would be bombarded with questions ... Especially considering prior the GM didn't show up for the whole day, so I thought I had the whole day to make plans for her . I also haven't exactly had the " Best Day Ever " [ Spongebob Reference ] . I'll try to appear more calm here .

Sure. It was because they have a lot of potential , and most of the characters I love are Omega / Alpha .Also the fact I wanted to make an Omega Level since Phoenix first appeared in Marvel.

If she's as bad as you guys say.... Just let her be portrayed as a spectator from the sidelines. Not neccessarily as a Watcher per say , but someone whose literally due to their emotional trauma won't ever be involved with the Good or Bad guys , and spectate what's to come from the sidelines . It won't be that big of a change, and she won't be the 'spotlight' . It won't hurt the flow of the RP , and I still get to use the character . Meanwhile, I'll try to make a much lower tiered character whose perfect to fight alongside you guys. I'll likely go with either a Meta-Human of sorts, or a much lower tiered Mutant . Will that help ?

so at that point she is the basically just the watcher and you will be posting about watching people or she will be like the man on the wall nick fury dealing with the "real" threats while the heroes deal with the lesser ones

Look, I'd be fine if she was an Alpha at most okay?

Karcen Karcen .... Pretty much, and I will make a much weaker character to attempt to help the heroes as well . I don't mind doing it if you guys are okay with it... I don't.
Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts I understand. I just... Sort of want to do it the Watcher way anyways. It might actually be fun anyways . Plus, even becoming a Beta and downgrading her A LOT , I doubt it'll still be enough. This way, I solve two evils with one strike. Plus, I feel this way actually fits the character more than being the hero in the story.

The problem is omega level are reality benders and so can change the story to fit them and so there is no true challenge. The first time you wrote it you had no real weakness except for "she can't do it because I say so".

I doubt anyone had an issue with portal idea. Just how it executed.
Spot (comics) - Wikipedia
Marvel has a villain with powers simuliar to what you want to do

Karcen Karcen .... Pretty much, and I will make a much weaker character to attempt to help the heroes as well . I don't mind doing it if you guys are okay with it... I don't.
Phantom Thief of Hearts Phantom Thief of Hearts I understand. I just... Sort of want to do it the Watcher way anyways. It might actually be fun anyways . Plus, even becoming a Beta and downgrading her A LOT , I doubt it'll still be enough. This way, I solve two evils with one strike. Plus, I feel this way actually fits the character more than being the hero in the story.
So you're not interacting with most of the folks in the RP... how dull.

If she's a watcher that's solved: She won't do that stuff because she isn't a part of the team, and won't be emotionally invested to do such a thing. Amelia's Dark Day won't occur because she won't be overly stressed being the hero. It literally solves every problem we had prior . Plus,, she isn't a warper directly . She can only really make portals that damage reality, not reality warp via her own whims. Also... That character is ridiculously close to what I originally had in mind.

I said I would make a second character to interact with you guys if this idea was accepted so it doesn't become "dull" .

its more a question of if the only way she can be a part of the rp is by not being part of the rp why make her

Users who are viewing this thread

Back