OOC Discussion

RemainingQuestions said:
To be honest, I don't know all that much about the education system, let alone what you need to be able to teach high school/college (which is the level I think Aegis is on) so I just based Denzils education on what would be required for him to teach the Dutch equivalent of that level. I wanted to mention it because it's so similar, and like I said, it's just a thing to consider, and more young teachers more fun!
Yeah I just wanted you to know that under the American education system ( assuming that the Facility is even affiliated with the education System ) both characters would have been able to complete the required schooling by their respective ages.

Although to be perfectly honest I don't think the Facility is an accredited school in that sense at all anyway. As it really only trains students how to use specific abilities so I would think of it more as some kind of government training in which case I really don't think it would matter one way or another.

readingraebow said:
Yeah I just wanted you to know that under the American education system ( assuming that the Facility is even affiliated with the education System ) both characters would have been able to complete the required schooling by their respective ages.
Although to be perfectly honest I don't think the Facility is an accredited school in that sense at all anyway. As it really only trains students how to use specific abilities so I would think of it more as some kind of government training in which case I really don't think it would matter one way or another.
Welp, that's an angle I hadn't thought of yet, but it does make sense. Really, the only "diplomas" the Facility gives are the Blue Cards, aren't they? Hm, food for thought

RemainingQuestions said:
Welp, that's an angle I hadn't thought of yet, but it does make sense. Really, the only "diplomas" the Facility gives are the Blue Cards, aren't they? Hm, food for thought
Yeah and if you read the overview the "school age" students that attend the Facility are shipped in from other high schools. I'm assuming the older ones are likewise coming to the facility for extra training.

If it helps think of it like a police academy or maybe doing a CPR course to get certified to be a babysitter. ( well it's more indepth than that but you get the idea )

This campus exists solely to give students the required training to get a Blue Card and become a government santioned vigilante. Which @Giyari - is being a vigilante a paying job? or is like being a reservist where you help out where your needed but you can also have like a day job to pay the bills?

readingraebow said:
This campus exists solely to give students the required training to get a Blue Card and become a government santioned vigilante
from what I've talked about with ppl on discord (i forget if weli and giy were in this conversation) they said that the purpose of the training facility is to ensure that supers are able to adequately control their powers and don't become dangerous to society, and that getting a Blue Card was similar to graduating with honors – like an extra thing for the good, determined students

though again idk if weli and giy were in on that so I'm not sure if its entirely correct

Last edited by a moderator:
Swimswamswom said:
from what I've talked about with ppl on discord (i forget if weli and giy were in this conversation) they said that the purpose of the training facility is to ensure that supers are able to adequately control their powers and don't become dangerous to society, and that getting a Blue Card was similar to graduating with honors – like an extra thing for the good, determined students
though again idk if weli and giy were in on that so I'm not sure if its entirely correct
I suppose either way it still makes the point, it's not intended to be an accredited education facility. Students will receive their education elsewhere ( and possibly their blue card ) but either way it's not like the grades you get here really effect anything other than your eligibility to get a Blue Card.

So you wouldn't really need faculty trained in teaching as you aren't really attached to the education system. I'm sure having a degree in teaching helps - as it would give you the tools to make lessons plans for the more lecture based courses and probably some skills with dealing with hormonal shits for all the rest - but it isn't a requirement.

That's all I was trying to say.

readingraebow said:
I suppose either way it still makes the point, it's not intended to be an accredited education facility. Students will receive their education elsewhere ( and possibly their blue card ) but either way it's not like the grades you get here really effect anything other than your eligibility to get a Blue Card.
So you wouldn't really need faculty trained in teaching as you aren't really attached to the education system. I'm sure having a degree in teaching helps - as it would give you the tools to make lessons plans for the more lecture based courses and probably some skills with dealing with hormonal shits for all the rest - but it isn't a requirement.

That's all I was trying to say.
ah, i see – yea I'd agree with that

RemainingQuestions said:
To be honest, I don't know all that much about the education system, let alone what you need to be able to teach high school/college (which is the level I think Aegis is on) so I just based Denzils education on what would be required for him to teach the Dutch equivalent of that level. I wanted to mention it because it's so similar, and like I said, it's just a thing to consider, and more young teachers more fun!
As an actual teacher, yes you only need a BS which is usually done in 4 years to become highly qualified. Students graduate at 17 and could be a teacher at 21. It does make it awkward (especially of you teach high school students) but it can work...

IVANOV, BORISLAV

• Full NameBorislav Nikolayevich Ivanov
    CodenameLedyanoy
    GenderMale
    Age26
    RankA
    RoleTeacher
    SubjectMental Discipline
    RaceWhite (Russian)
    Eyes Icy blue
    Hair Messy, Dark brown
    Height5"11
    BuildSlightly thin
    LimiterLevel 3; Inactive
    NotesCommonly wears a bandana over his mouth or around his neck

Iz Borislav!

Attachments

• smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002.jpg
    smile-anime-guys-12082279-850-1002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 727
@TheDox A+++++++ character looks badass!

Don't see any glaring issues really. If I had to comment - how did he get on the streets did his parents dump him? Who looked after him before he could fend for himself?

Also is he creating the ice by freezing the water molecules in the air? or is he just making ice appear?

Edit - also I believe someone else is gunning for Mental Discipline class but I can't remember the status of their character.

Sagitarius said:
Well my character is listed as approved in the spread sheet she made. Does that count?
Yup! It counts. If I didn't respond to you directly, it's entirely possible I wrote up an approval reply... and then totally forgot to actually post it. In which case, I am totally sorry.

Pigeon said:
Benetton, Kit
Accepted. Go post his profile in the Sign-Up thread.

Chibii said:
Suzuka, Seiko
Accepted! You may also post her profile up.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]Ioana, Călătoru

[/QUOTE]
Approoooooved. This better be the last name change, though.

[QUOTE="too much idea]CASTLE, MITCH

[/QUOTE]
Beautiful! You took a potentially game-breaking power and made it reasonable and logical. Approved.

Swimswamswom said:
TRAMMEL, EDEN
Fantastic! You were doing a lot of slaving over this profile, making sure you weren't OP or Edgemaster3k. Your efforts paid off. Approved.

[QUOTE="Lazy Rocktime]vos Scheiffer, Klaus

[/QUOTE]
Approved! The poison control is really cool, and you have a lot of weaknesses, which is great.

[QUOTE="Father Gigantor]JOH, HA-EUN

[/QUOTE]
All I need you to do is adjust her heroism meter, I forgot to specify that the minimum value for a trait is one point. Change that zero to a one, and then we're all good. Interesting power, btw.

RemainingQuestions said:
De Klerk, Denzil
Good, good! However, I'd prefer if you could find a non-photograph faceclaim to use. Since this is comic book inspired, I'd like everyone to use drawn images. But, if you can't find any of a black man with locs and flower crown (I know finding illustrations of POC, period, is a miracle), it's not the end of the world. I'm sure the other players will be happy to help, but it's not the end of the world if you decide to go pictureless or apply a Photoshop filter and call it a day.

[QUOTE="DJ MagicHat]TORCHINOVICH, ASHER

[/QUOTE]
TheDox said:
IVANOV, BORISLAV
Dox, MagicHat, both of you applied to the same position - the Mental Discipline instructor. You're going to need to have a civil discussion and come to an agreement of who gets dibs.

Or you could fight to the death.

Either way - I want your profiles to simmer in the OOC overnight while people critique.

readingraebow said:
@TheDox A+++++++ character looks badass!
Don't see any glaring issues really. If I had to comment - how did he get on the streets did his parents dump him? Who looked after him before he could fend for himself?

Also is he creating the ice by freezing the water molecules in the air? or is he just making ice appear?

Edit - also I believe someone else is gunning for Mental Discipline class but I can't remember the status of their character.
He's been on the streets for as long as he can remember, he doesn't really know why.

Although, I can tell you they left him there for reasons I honestly haven't developed yet - and won't be important unless finding his parents somehow becomes part of an arc.

He found food and was allowed to take shelter at times, although he didn't always accept it.

He also was given some food by a few passing people, and at the worst of times had to resort to eating things like rats.

Sound alright?

Also, as for the Mental Discipline thing, I'm open to role suggestions and currently waiting to hear from @DJ MagicHat

EDIT: He just kinda creates ice/makes it appear. As much as I hate to say it, kinda like Elsa from frozen.

so ive run into unforeseen problems with acquiring the picture for eden and i wont post up his cs until i get it so im gonna have to wait till monday at the earliest (ill work on a post in the meantime) and with that i shall go to bed, gn o/

-also if anybody wants any relations with eden feel free to ask me

LOOK WHO IS LATE TO THE PARTY

Suggestion and critique are more than welcome.

Ross, Marianne

• Full NameMarianne Ross
    CodenameN/A
    GenderFemale
    Age17
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    RaceCaucasian
    Eyes Violet
    Hair Blonde
    Height5'9"
    BuildMesomorph, a dancer build
    LimiterLevel 2, active
    NotesCrochet hat

ViAdvena said:
LOOK WHO IS LATE TO THE PARTY
Suggestion and critique are more than welcome.

Ross, Marianne

• Full NameMarianne Ross
    CodenameN/A
    GenderFemale
    Age17
    RankB
    RoleStudent
    SubjectN/A
    RaceCaucasian
    Eyes Violet
    Hair Blonde
    Height5'9"
    BuildMesomorph, a dancer build
    LimiterLevel 2, active
    NotesCrochet hat
And I thought I was close to the deadline...

welian said:
Yup! It counts. If I didn't respond to you directly, it's entirely possible I wrote up an approval reply... and then totally forgot to actually post it. In which case, I am totally sorry.
Accepted. Go post his profile in the Sign-Up thread.

Accepted! You may also post her profile up.

Approoooooved. This better be the last name change, though.

Beautiful! You took a potentially game-breaking power and made it reasonable and logical. Approved.

Fantastic! You were doing a lot of slaving over this profile, making sure you weren't OP or Edgemaster3k. Your efforts paid off. Approved.

Approved! The poison control is really cool, and you have a lot of weaknesses, which is great.

All I need you to do is adjust her heroism meter, I forgot to specify that the minimum value for a trait is one point. Change that zero to a one, and then we're all good. Interesting power, btw.

Good, good! However, I'd prefer if you could find a non-photograph faceclaim to use. Since this is comic book inspired, I'd like everyone to use drawn images. But, if you can't find any of a black man with locs and flower crown (I know finding illustrations of POC, period, is a miracle), it's not the end of the world. I'm sure the other players will be happy to help, but it's not the end of the world if you decide to go pictureless or apply a Photoshop filter and call it a day.

Dox, MagicHat, both of you applied to the same position - the Mental Discipline instructor. You're going to need to have a civil discussion and come to an agreement of who gets dibs.

Or you could fight to the death.

Either way - I want your profiles to simmer in the OOC overnight while people critique.
Yesss! Thanks!

@welian Thank you for accepting my character, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to participate in this role-play after all - a family issue has just come up. Literally today. It's stressful and distracting; I don't want to weigh down the group. Perhaps from time to time I'll check in. See how all your characters are doing.

Anyway, thanks again. Best to you all!

Pigeon said:
@welian Thank you for accepting my character, but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to participate in this role-play after all - a family issue has just come up. Literally today. It's stressful and distracting; I don't want to weigh down the group. Perhaps from time to time I'll check in. See how all your characters are doing.
Anyway, thanks again. Best to you all!
Oh no! I hope your family comes out okay. For you, I'll make an exception - if you happen to find time for Aegis after everything blows over, you'll still have a spot here, regardless of whether or not apps are actually open.

De Klerk, Denzil

• Full NameDenzil De Klerk
    CodenameN/A
    GenderMale
    Age28
    RankC
    RoleTeacher
    SubjectPolitical Powers
    RaceAmerican (Dutch)
    Eyes Brown
    Hair Brown, in dreads
    Height6'1"
    BuildMuscular
    LimiterLevel 1, inactive
    NotesAlways has a flower in his hair.

@welian now, with drawn pictures but without flowers, but the point is still clear, I think. It's trouble enough to find a guy with locs without scars or a sword or something, and I don't have the time to do any edits, so hopefully this is okay?

So...uh, anyone (especially in the faculty) interested in some relationships with Klaus? N-Not in that kind of way, of course, he's spoken for...

[QUOTE="Lazy Rocktime]So...uh, anyone (especially in the faculty) interested in some relationships with Klaus? N-Not in that kind of way, of course, he's spoken for...

[/QUOTE]
I think Klaus and Greg would get along - are you on the AEGIS Discord? Seems to be working well for planning things vs the OOC board.

Lazy Rocktime] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/29694-dano/ said:
@Dano[/URL] Discord? Never heard of it, unfortunately.
Go to the first page of the OOC, it's the second announcement listed - see you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back