OOC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back, what did you need me for?

[SIZE= 13px]just asking if this new semblance i came up with would be okay[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i think i finally came up with an alternative semblance for natsuki:[/SIZE]

imitations (i think it'd be more fitting to say "duplications" but this phrasing fits more as a character aspect...i'll explain in the future :PPP)
so basically

she'd be able to make multiple copies of objects at once, really quickly

and like use them in combat
(like create tons of dagger-fans and tons of bullets)
kind of like how sakuya izayoi does 

(except without the OPness and time manipulation...

...as much as i would like to have a time stopping power, that stuff can get real OP real fast
and i'm allllllll about them balance

the only way of nerfing that, i think, would be like

having like three seconds of time stopped)

the bullets and knives would fly forward towards one direction

the drawbacks to this tho is that like if she wanted to make more batches of the knives/bullets already in the air, the copies of the copies would be worse in quality (and it's not like she'd be able to keep track of the original knife among the copies so it's not like she can spam the heck out of copying the first knife) 
plus, while she create a lot at once, it's not instant and if she gets hit as she tries to create copies, all of the copies are "cancelled" and they disappear
lemme know how to balance this stuff better if it seems op

[SIZE= 12px]I could definitely see it going to the overpowered side.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]yeeeeahh[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]that's what i was worried about[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]do you know what i can do to balance it more?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]because i like the idea
(it looks cool, ok)[/SIZE]

1396114063_knife_throwing.gif

[SIZE= 13px]i don't want an unfair advantage bc i hate any form of unbalance [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE= 13px]oh and just to be clear i don't want to have the time manipulation aspect[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]just the duplication part lolol[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]the video was just an example of what the duplication looks like[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]obviously it's not gonna be that many knives being copied at once bc that'd...that'd be overkill o-o[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant using them as a weapon. Your semblance would sorta be similar. Not that I would mind because I am still iffy about my guy. If all else fails I will just replace him with a new roleplayer and I will just become a mediator.

[SIZE= 13px]oh, i know, lol[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i was asking if it was like this sort of thing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]and ah, i see[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]would if be fine then? i just meant the duplication part of sakuya's power thing[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]bending time is obviously op lolol[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i was rambling about that for some reason, kek[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]If i watched more anime i could probably find more semblance ideas. Also i am unsure about have duplication powers. How did it relate to your character? I did not read most of the posts before I got here because I was a tad bit busy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]If i watched more anime i could probably find more semblance ideas. Also i am unsure about have duplication powers. How did it relate to your character? I did not read most of the posts before I got here because I was a tad bit busy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]ah[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i actually forgot to write down the reason why it related to the character lol gg me[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]i came up with a different semblance for natsuki (again bwahaha) tho[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]as like[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i still dunno how to sufficiently balance the duplication one :/// [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]how about like a boosted pressure-point sort of thing?
like mainly for defense and stuff[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]can push away hits (like, applying force on a part of an arm and move it away from her so that she doesn't get injured) and temporarily numb or paralyze areas of an opponent[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]though she has to be super precise on pressure points for it to really be effective (if it's not exact, it just does a tiny bit of damage and the paralysis/numbness last for so little of a time that it's only slightly delaying the inevitable of an incoming strike towards her)
she can make the paralysis/numbness last longer when she's low in aura and can actually use her aura up to increase the length of time of her semblance by a bit, but this makes her super low in defense and a few hits can easily take her out
(even with her aura at max she's rather fragile lol)[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]how's that sound?[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]as for how it relates to her personality and character[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]she's very obsessed with exactness and having a semblance focused on specific areas to strike sounds fitting, i think[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]plus the fact that when people insult/hurt her (yeah, haha, what a clever word play...<-<), she wants to do better[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]however she sometimes hurts herself while trying to get better[/SIZE][SIZE= 13px] at times, putting herself down and such[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]if that makes sense[/SIZE]

It does indeed make sense. Well I trust you will control it well so you can change it to that if you want. If anything comes up and I see it causing problems I will let you know but I trust you will do just fine keeping it under wraps.

[SIZE= 12px]It has been very quiet today I must say. I know some of you are in school but for the ones in college I must ask when you go back? I return the 30th so February will be the start of a hard semester because Physio has a test every two weeks and they are all equally hard.[/SIZE]

It does indeed make sense. Well I trust you will control it well so you can change it to that if you want. If anything comes up and I see it causing problems I will let you know but I trust you will do just fine keeping it under wraps.

[SIZE= 13px]got it :) [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]It has been very quiet today I must say. I know some of you are in school but for the ones in college I must ask when you go back? I return the 30th so February will be the start of a hard semester because Physio has a test every two weeks and they are all equally hard.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]currently in school rn[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]i have finals coming up-ish round next week[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]pray for my poor soul[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back