OOC Chat

@Sullivanity

A question about world-building in bios: are we only meant to be building on the locations that were introduced in the anime? 

Since the world is kind of big, I was wondering if I could add in one of my own and let you see if you can give the approval for it. 

@Sullivanity

A question about world-building in bios: are we only meant to be building on the locations that were introduced in the anime? 

Since the world is kind of big, I was wondering if I could add in one of my own and let you see if you can give the approval for it. 

Well, you can have your own weird Kurapikaness and have a clan of your own, so I think you have some freedom xD

Well, you can have your own weird Kurapikaness and have a clan of your own, so I think you have some freedom xD

Oh cool. 

Was thinking of something along the lines of a newer nation that's been established. Only consisting of a few cities that are all underwater. 

But because a nation (or just a few cities) is of large-scaled compared to a clan, so I want to check if it's ok with the GMs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant speak for them, but underwater? Look at the ants, they were on earth and look what they made before peole noticed. This can be HUGE! xD

I cant speak for them, but underwater? Look at the ants, they were on earth and look what they made before peole noticed. This can be HUGE! xD

I mean... my intention for the underwater nation is that it's only just a few cities for humans to live on. Probably still developing since it's not established for very long (less than a decade?)

Finally done with my cs. orz. 

Um, if there's any issues with it please point it out. 

The bio's a bit long, but Quarkie was hoping to flesh her out so she isn't exactly too much like the cookie-cutter "doll-like" persona. 

@Quark I enjoyed reading your character profile. It's interesting to have an individual reliant on medication, considering I have not seen that in the Hunter x Hunter anime yet (I'm on ep 99).

@Quark I enjoyed reading your character profile. It's interesting to have an individual reliant on medication, considering I have not seen that in the Hunter x Hunter anime yet (I'm on ep 99).

Aha, thanks! 

Just read Geist's as well. Hopefully the two might get along. (What I like best about Geist is he cares about his family)

@Quark I think they'll get along, unless you meet him while he's angry/enraged. Yeah, I tried to make his personality match his backstory. Since he's been with his family the whole time (learning stuff/engaging himself with his relatives), it'd make sense that he cares deeply for them.

Also, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate your feedback.

@Sullivanity This is just a question, because I'm unsure when the RP starts, or if you've already stated when it does start. Do you have a timeframe for stuff? Example: Time when the Hunter Exam RP starts; When Missions are Available; Time Range you want Hunter Exam Arc to End.

I've just noticed a ton of people getting involved with developing nen skills. And in order to utilize those abilities, we'll need to finish the hunter exam, so we can do the 'secret/hidden test.'

There's no rush to start anything, but I feel like the successful roleplay groups have a timeframe for arcs/events/rp/etc.

You're free to ignore me but I vote we heavily truncate the hunter exam. I've seen enough naruto RPs die halfway through the chunin exam to know where that goes.  I'd almost say we start during the final stage of the exam and then suddenly something happens that necessitates conscripting the examinees in to help with the promise that if they can handle it they'll pass.    

I'm happy to go by majority or the final decision from the GM. 

I would agree that things might move to the more interesting parts of the RP if we go through the hunter exam faster. In my opinion, the meat of the anime was after the hunter exam arc (probably even the part in Zoldyck estate. It was good but I got really hooked into it after that)

I agree with @AtlannianSpy. Starting at the final stage will make it so we don't need to include filler characters, and have basically all the main characters. If people really want to do other hunter exam stages, maybe let them write in their own thread what they did?

I support any decision, but I think a majority of us would appreciate a timeframe/time range for stuff, so we can plan our schedules for the RP. (Or, so we can know when the RP actually starts).

@Sullivanity This is just a question, because I'm unsure when the RP starts, or if you've already stated when it does start. Do you have a timeframe for stuff? Example: Time when the Hunter Exam RP starts; When Missions are Available; Time Range you want Hunter Exam Arc to End.

I've just noticed a ton of people getting involved with developing nen skills. And in order to utilize those abilities, we'll need to finish the hunter exam, so we can do the 'secret/hidden test.'

There's no rush to start anything, but I feel like the successful roleplay groups have a timeframe for arcs/events/rp/etc.

The Hunter Exam Arc will definitely be the shortest arc we do, and player made missions and training will be available immediately afterward. In training, players can RP in groups, or do it solo and outline what happened. One thing would like to stress about the training is that they should be over the course of a few weeks.  By the time you guys reconvene for a major story arc, a bit of time will have passed.

The Hunter Exam will consist of shorter challenges, rather than the longer ones you see in the actual series. Expect 3-5 challenges, each of which should take 2 days (real time) at most, depending on player participation.

In terms of scheduling, the first arc will begin mid September, and shouldn't be any later than the 20th. After that, major story arcs will be occur about once a month. When they begin is definitely variable, as we want maximum participation. 

As for those of you who are worried about the Hunter Exam taking too long, I understand your concerns. However, I would like to do the whole thing for a few main reasons. Firstly, being able to throw highly specified challenges and obstacles at you guys is something I won't always be able to do. Secondly, I want to encourage as much interaction as possible. If we start at the end, you may lose the chance for some interesting interaction with other players. Lastly, although it sounds kinda cruel, anybody who isn't willing to RP through the exam likely won't be a good fit for the RP. 

Well, I finally finished my character. I don't know what happened, my brain just couldn't put the pieces together or something.

Well, I finally finished my character. I don't know what happened, my brain just couldn't put the pieces together or something.

I like Sooth already. 

She's so pretty OwO. 

When I read her personality, I got a bit of the "end justfies the means" from her, in how she has her own obligations/goals and will consider people's usefulness based on that. Don't know, I guess I've found many Machiavellian-personality characters interesting. 

@AtlannianSpy

Was going to ask :

Did you have plans for how Eliot was getting to the site? If you haven't gotten any plans or preferences for her, was going to suggest perhaps she can meet Geist and Loki along the way to there? 

@The One Llama to Rule All

I think Sooth is pretty interesting too, my gut says her and Eliot hate each other to hilarious effect. One's a beautiful, upper class born winner, the other is a born on the streets survivor, both are mean and have difficulty getting along with people and both of them think they're the greatest person in any room they walk into, it's a classic dichotomy. 

Was going to ask :

Did you have plans for how Eliot was getting to the site? If you haven't gotten any plans or preferences for her, was going to suggest perhaps she can meet Geist and Loki along the way to there? 

She was probably going to drift from city to city, hanging around long enough to steal scam or heaven's forbid earn enough to travel to the next city along the way. I don't have a particular route planned out of rher so there's no reason for her not to bump into them. I think it'd be fun but she wouldn't choose to travel with them or even really interact with them unless some contrivance forced her hand.

I kind of like the idea of her picking them out as inexperienced and trying to rob or scam them, that could lead to some interesting interactions.

"not this woman again." 

A possible thought that could ring within both Eliot and Sooth's mind whenever they see each other?  xDD

She was probably going to drift from city to city, hanging around long enough to steal scam or heaven's forbid earn enough to travel to the next city along the way. I don't have a particular route planned out of rher so there's no reason for her not to bump into them. I think it'd be fun but she wouldn't choose to travel with them or even really interact with them unless some contrivance forced her hand.

I kind of like the idea of her picking them out as inexperienced and trying to rob or scam them, that could lead to some interesting interactions.

I'm going to assume you mean scam information and travel expenses?  If I remember correctly it was hard to find the Hunter exam site especially if you were going there for the first time? (buried floors down this measly restaurant)

But holy crap, if she does end up scamming them, then it might teach Loki a good lesson number one, don't trust everyone when she's outside of work. LOL. 

If I think about it, I guess Loki would get upset about losing money (since she knows it's important given how her mother's lived in poverty), but probably not as much as if her pills or pen got missing. 

As for what Loki can offer, is that she can provide assistance if Eliot is in a pinch. I think Geist (correct me @The One Llama to Rule All) is friendly enough to help as well. 

Other than that, I think Loki can provide some information related to larger-scaled crime, on a technical level. It's limited though given her lower rank, so just the tip of the iceberg. 

I'm going to assume you mean scam information? If I remember correctly it was hard to find the Hunter exam site especially if you were going there for the first time? (buried floors down this measly restaurant)

But holy crap, if she does end up scamming them, then it might teach Loki a good lesson number one, don't trust everyone when she's outside of work. LOL. 

If I think about it, I guess Loki would get upset about losing money (since she knows it's important given how her mother's lived in poverty), but probably not as much as if her pills or pen got missing. 

As for what Loki can offer, is that she can provide assistance if Eliot is in a pinch. I think Geist (correct me @The One Llama to Rule All) is friendly enough to help as well. 

Other than that, I think Loki can provide some information on underground stuff, on a technical level. It's limited though given her lower rank. 

Nooo I meant scamming them out of money, I doubt she'd consider a couple of kids from out of town a reliable source. She might try something like offering to sell them information on the exam and bullshitting them. 

Her plan would be something like, seek out prospective hunters and offer to tell them where the exam is for a price. If they take the bait then she gets their money and its one less competitor to deal with. If they call her out it might be because they actually know where the exam is so she can follow them their. 

If you wanted this to somehow end with them on good terms we could do something like: Eliot sells them false info on the exam, maybe she lowers her price to some of their bread because she's hungry by that point, i dunno. They part ways and Loki and Geist get a little away before realising they've been swindled and turn back to confront Eliot.

Meanwhile Eliot is already being confronted by a crowd of angry would-be hunters who've all realised her game and are about lynch her when Loki and Geist turn up and... feel sorry for her? Or somehow get cuaght up and they have to team up to fight off the crowd. I dunno just spit-balling.

Nooo I meant scamming them out of money, I doubt she'd consider a couple of kids from out of town a reliable source. She might try something like offering to sell them information on the exam and bullshitting them. 

Her plan would be something like, seek out prospective hunters and offer to tell them where the exam is for a price. If they take the bait then she gets their money and its one less competitor to deal with. If they call her out it might be because they actually know where the exam is so she can follow them their. 

If you wanted this to somehow end with them on good terms we could do something like: Eliot sells them false info on the exam, maybe she lowers her price to some of their bread because she's hungry by that point, i dunno. They part ways and Loki and Geist get a little away before realising they've been swindled and turn back to confront Eliot.

Meanwhile Eliot is already being confronted by a crowd of angry would-be hunters who've all realised her game and are about lynch her when Loki and Geist turn up and... feel sorry for her? Or somehow get cuaght up and they have to team up to fight off the crowd. I dunno just spit-balling.

Oh man, that's so cold but funny haha xDD. They just end up being mislead to think of where the Hunter exam site is. Probably they might meet her again at the actual site. There's two possible ways that Loki will conclude from that: She'll either realise Eliot lied to them, or Eliot isn't proficient at giving information. (ie. unreliable infor resource). 

And that sounds like something Eliot would do. I reckon she could tail pretty well. 

Hm.. think Loki's actions will depend on what Geist does, or what she hears from the crowd. She's not very good at empathy at this point, so if there is a small spark of feeling sorry she's not going to be able to identify it very well. The other thing is she's still rather robotic in acting on her knowledge. But I do find either outcome you proposed just as interesting. 

If the two start off not so well: 

Over time if Loki sees that Eliot doesn't really mean any harm and is not an enemy, I think she'll just get more tolerant of her. 

well you could just do something like have them walk past some other Hunter complaining about having been scammed which causes them to reevaluate the information she gives them. It could be someplace that basic research would reveal is impossible to be the location of the Hunter exam for whatever reason.

It sounds like it might depend a lot on Geist's reaction? I get the sense that Loki would probably go along with his decision if he decided to jump in. So we should probably ask @The One Llama to Rule All what they think.

The best part is that if they helped out Eliot would probably feel compelled to pay them back, something like "I'm going to go with you to the Hunter exam so that you don't get scammed by someone else along the way" sort of thing.

@AtlannianSpy

well you could just do something like have them walk past some other Hunter complaining about having been scammed which causes them to reevaluate the information she gives them. It could be someplace that basic research would reveal is impossible to be the location of the Hunter exam for whatever reason.

Aha, that was actually on one of my list of ideas of how they could find it. 

The other one was they meet one of the actual guides. 

Yeah, let's ask LLama. Geist's reaction is probably the biggest. But I can't exactly predict, since there might be niche cases something might spur Loki on. An example: she still doesn't get that they got scammed. 

The best part is that if they helped out Eliot would probably feel compelled to pay them back, something like "I'm going to go with you to the Hunter exam so that you don't get scammed by someone else along the way" sort of thing.

Oh that's so cute. I do agree that with a trio they could pool resources together if the Hunter exam gets really challenging, like how Gon, Kurapika and Leorio worked together in some phases. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back