[One Piece: Eternal Quest] The Mess Room

No, but it will take another post before the group coalesces. We have 7 crew, but only 3 have posted so far. Once it gets rolling, things will fit together again.

Jel should be back soon, Unbridled is unsure if he can stay in it, Goblin is having computer troubles and Mei never responded. Faltharen seems to have disappeared from the site as well. Griever and Articus have both said that they're in, but I don't intend to wait on them. I'll be putting up a post tonight and try and guide you three into a group to start with. Extra people will join as they can

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Yay...completely ignored by all the other players. Again. Joy.

[/QUOTE]
Actually, I could probably work you into my post, that way I'm not just creepin' 'w'

Would you guys prefer that I have actual magic weapons in the game (ala d&d), or make use of unusually made weapons (ie: made from meteors, obsidian,diamond/crystal, cursed, made from the bones of a sea king or other monster, etc).

Because I'm definitely nerfing Kairoseki so that it works on a df user gradually (unless they end up in a cage with it.) ie: A kairoseki weapon always hurts someone with a logia body, but doesn't instantly stun them for 10 rounds. The exact effects will be finalised and revealed later tho

If we have to choose, unusually made weapons. It works better for my mad scientist character. That being said i'm not opposed to magic weapons. It is just that i would prefer to have my characters weapons have a certain logic to them, even if it does play with the laws of physics.

Basically, I'm not too certain about magic in One Piece, And the pdf seems to be recommending d&d 3.5 style magic items. And I'm uncertain if that really fits the setting.

So, I've joined in the fight. I was right in assuming that my minion and i both roll for initiative, and he does not go on my turn?

Yeah, he acts on his own initiative. Otherwise you'd share the same actions

Initiative:

Diona

Victor

Goons

Lurtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Done. 12 to attempt to trip. Due to Improved trip, there's no attack of opportunity. In case it hits, I rolled my strength check. If that succeeds (if the first hit, I get a free attack. Rolled that too (with damage) in case everything went well, to save time). So. If a 12 hit in the first place, then he needs to beat a 26 on a strength or dex check to stay standing. If he falls, then I get a free attack. I got a 20 on the attack roll. And I got the maximum for my 1d6+1d3+3 damage roll of 12 damage.

Short version: If a twelve hit him, he took 12 damage.

Updated Initiative:

20-Drakil

18-Diona

17-Victor

13-Pirates

8-Archer

3-Juno

3-Lurtz

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to magic, make it fit the setting rather than follow the rules. As a ST, unless you litter the world with thousands of base level magic items (like D&D), you can create a unique item each time you need one. It can have special properties, but just realize that if the bad guys have it, its only a matter of time until the players get it and start using it, so try to keep things balanced.

Not sure where we are in the initiative order. I know I go after the pirates, but not sure there are any left. Maybe the one on the roof. And not sure about metal teeth guy.

We're waiting on Thief. The teeth guy isn't involved, and there are 3 pirates on the ground, one archer on the roof. (Drakil pointed her out)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back