• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
MOOD: Friendly, risky, confused

OUTFIT: Suit (click!), Mask (click!)

two
INTERACTIONS: Angelique, Einar, Kiara

MENTIONS: Theo, Kaz
two
TL;DR: He started speaking to Angelique, was interrupted by Einar, and then was again interrupted by Kiara. He's playing nice, getting close to potential.
two
BELLAMY
A tall man lingered along the corners of the ballroom. He had excused himself from dinner early, not long before the plates had begun to be cleared, and returned to vacating tables that no longer beckoned him for social interaction. His face, when fully seen, would convey to many that he was not well, that he was battling illness as he stood and watched the sea of Ilvermorny natives chat, dance to the quiet music that lingered, and mosey along to their sleeping quarters. Luckily, his black and cream harlequin mask covered the sheen of sweat that would normally shine in the many lights and the pallor of his skin, so light he might as well be see-through. He leaned heavily on a black cane, capped with a gold tip and a gold handle. His dependence on it made him seem shorter than he was, even in his heeled dress shoes. His velvet suit jacket, taupe and perfectly fit to his body, sang of money that one likely wouldn't be able to afford on a teacher's salary. It paired nicely when worn with his white button up and bookended by a black bowtie and black trousers.

If you didn't know any better, you would assume the man was Faron Bellamy: world famous auror, Frenchman, recently employed teacher. Minus the slight disheveled appearance, he was exactly what you would've seen if you met the real Bellamy and exactly what you were familiar seeing in the papers if you caught a glimpse at his magical portraits. You would never suspect that this body, this appearance, was merely a puppet for something larger. The greatest disguise, undetected by most eyes. The mind of a persuasive leader now lay behind the body of a charming, familiar face. His own face, his real face, couldn't be more different from the one he wore now. A deeper complexion, a wider and flatter nose, wider and plumper lips, straight and black hair. The one similarity between Faron Bellamy and Aadesh Pawar was their eyes. Deep, dark brown eyes peered from behind the mask, scanning individual faces, observing interactions, searching. Searching for something he would never speak of. And alert, ready for a threat.

A tall, curvy woman walked passed him, demanding his gaze. Her long, dark hair spilled down her back, broken up by stark streaks of silver, giving her an enchanting appearance even with parts of her face covered. Her bare skin sported floral tattoos that would draw the eye if her natural beauty wasn't already striking. He had studied the faculty who were accompanying representatives form other schools, learning who could be a potential ally and who could be a potential threat. He made careful attempts to memorize dress, masks, appearance, and match them with their names when introductions were made. It would be important to start early. Just as she was about to breeze passed him, he took a lumbering step forward. "Excusez-moi?" He approached, flashing his pearly white teeth. Another think Faron Bellamy and Aadesh Pawar had in common? A charisma that could not be denied. "I hope you don't mind me interrupting your night. I'm Professor Bellamy. I attended Beauxbaton and had originally planned on applying to work there before I received an offer from Hogwarts that I could not refuse. My heart misses home, and I would be remiss not to meet you..." He extended the hand that was not clutching his cane, his voice trailing off and his straight brows raising expectantly. She blushed and shook his hand, offering her name in return. "Ah, Angelique. Très heureux. You could call me Faron, if you'd like, though no one does. I suppose Bellamy has always suited me better." He grinned playfully. "Should I be warning my students of you and yours? You all seem enchantingly beautiful, I wouldn't want Mr. West to be distracted from his shot at winning."

A voice from behind him distracted him from his pleasant, new conversation with Angelique. He grinned at the booming voice as an older man approached him, doing a qucik mental rundown of its owner. Birger Einar, Durmstrang, also a former auror. Though Einar had retired before Bellamy entered the force and served for a different country, Einar's work had also reached national attention, some claiming he was of legendary status. The two shared such similarities, it would be foolish for him to be dismissed. The older man walked towards him with his own cane. "Einar, my friend!" He returned the greeting, beaming at him as if he were an old drinking buddy he had known for decades. He followed the wolf's gaze to his own student, who was carefully leaving the crowed. "I am just beginning to know my students, a wizarding tournament is such a strange way to begin my teaching career. Mr. West is already pleasantly surprising, I have great faith in him. I admire the tenacity he has already shown. If the goblet has chosen him to compete, there is no doubt in my mind that he can take the win for Hogwarts." He turned back and chuckled heartily at Einar's offer. A drink? Innocent for now. But it had the potential of becoming dangerous. In an effort to properly ration his Polyjuice Potion intake, he had hardly taken enough to last him a full night. While he was interested in starting his web of connections tonight, he would have the time to stay up late, yammering and drinking. Too much drink also threatened for a slip of the tongue, dropping information he should not share or should not know. He could already feel the remnants of his potion straining to maintain his current appearance. But... It could be advantageous.

He tilted his head downwards, a mischievous glint in his brown eyes. "I fear if your drink is not strong enough to keep me from teaching tomorrow, I may indulge in too many and be too exhausted by morning!" He laughed again, filling the room with his jovial hoot. "Though, if I do accept, I insist you invite Professor Chimere to join us. She has been so pleasant this evening, I wouldn't dare end our conversation. I believe I saw Professor Vinogradov sneak off not too long ago. Perhaps we should hunt him down and us chaperones can have a soiree of our own. I'm sure we could hunt down a nice bottle of wine to ent—"

"Bellamy?" Another interruption. Not that he minded, the growing cast of characters meant more chances to recruit himself to their good sides, though it would require more focus to balance his appearance and the conversation if he needed to start relying on his own magic. He had barely turned and caught sight of a vaguely familiar girl with dark hair and stunningly beautiful dress before she practically attacked him with a hug. The sudden impact and extra weight sent him teetering backwards, his hand almost slipping from its cane and his free arm searching for the comfort and safety of the wall. Not finding it there, he wrapped it around the girl to use her as leverage to steady him on his feet. As soon as he was stable, he removed his arm awkwardly, and she withdrew from her hug. She looked just as perplexed as he felt, though his mouth had gone dry and he found himself struggling to find proper words to speak to her that weren't 'what the fuck?' She beat him to the punch, when she finally gave him context as to who she was, Kiara... It rang a bell, but didn't conjure an image in his mind of how he knew her. Kiara... Kiara. As soon as she uttered the Sinclaire name, his memory sparked. Shit! He silently cursed himself. Aadesh had spent so long worrying about remembering everything important he could about Bellamy's significant relationships, including Adrian Sinclaire, that he had forgotten to check in on Sinclaire's significant relationships. It had come down to the wire that he had to rush to America as Bellamy, that he hadn't looked into the other Sinclaires. Just his luck that one would be here tonight.

"I must’ve grown since you saw me last." She supplied him with the lame excuse and he could do nothing but nod along, hoping to excuse any suspicion their onlookers might have. "Comme-ci, comme ça." Bellamy shrugged, a small smile on his lips. "Please forgive me, Kiara, it's been a trying year and a half. I'm practically losing my mind. You've become a beautiful young woman in that time, and I have become retired." He laughed wistfully. "There was an accident, in my last case in Austria. I can't work in the field anymore, this old thing—" He raised his cane slightly off the ground. "—slows me down by too much. So I am teaching! As I was telling your professor, Defense Against the Dark Arts was filled at Beauxbaton, so I am employed at Hogwarts." He laughed slightly, then frowned apologetically, his dark eyes searching Kiara's sparkling blue gaze. "My illness and change of career has kept me distracted the last few months, I hope I did not offend you. I hardly know where my mind is at. This is the last place I expected to be as well. I haven't even spoken to Adrian regarding my condition." The young woman's embarrassed flush was fading from her cheeks, and he offered her his freehand and squeezed it reassuringly. "I haven't forgotten you, mon étoile." In his time with Bellamy, Aadesh had discerned that my star was a favorite pet name of his to use when speaking to the children in his life, mostly fans, but he had a hunch that Kiara may be familiar with it. If she wasn't, it was no sleep lost for him, it was still a sweet pet name to diffuse any hanging awkwardness.

"I do not want to be rude to my other guests," He said, eyeing Angelique and Birger, "But, I do wish to know how are you? And Adrian?"
he got murder in his eyes
He wore the silence like a mask
now he's making up for
all the violence in his past
code by valen t.

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ tabs ------ */

• /* ------ sticky note letter ------ */
    You are worth finding. Worth knowing. Worth loving. You and all your one million layers. I know you think yourself to be full of poems and rage but you are more than your anger. I miss the girl who was really happy.

- Your big bro

/* ------ right side ------ */

Clara scowled as Ricky told her all about the lessons (that she didn't ask for) his professor (that she didn't care to know) could help her learn. Did her former friend really think that she would believe anything he had to say? "If he's your professor I hope he is smart," She sneered at Ricky. "Though I'm not sure how much faith I have if he's your teacher." Cosmo told her to be nice, but she ignored him in favor of glaring at the curly haired traitor before her.

Seriously, who did he think he was? Approaching her like nothing happened between them, flirting with her just to get under her skin, and now asking for her help? Surely the one brain cell he and Cosmo shared would warn him that Clara would go to great lengths to sabotage anything he did before she would ever think to help. But what if he was being sincere? She did have an interest in learning Occlumency. No, she'd be an idiot to put her faith in Ricky again. He was smarter than she gave him credit for, and she would be remiss to underestimate him twice.

A realization formed in her head, and she grinned, baring her teeth in a way that was almost threatening. A dimpled grin stretched across her face similarly to that of the Cheshire Cat, and her blue eyes flicked from her brother to Ricky.

"I will help you." She decided. Next to her, Cosmo looked at her with scrutiny. She didn't shrink under it, and turned to look at him head on with her eyebrows raised.

"You will? Why?" He asked.

Clara scoffed. "Out of the goodness of my heart, obviously." She rolled her eyes. "No. I will help because Ricky is in no position to make promises and offers on other's behalves. We'll find the house elf and my real reward will be watching him sweat it out when he tells his professor what he's done."

Cosmo looked as if he'd swallowed a rather disgusting bug on accident. Clara didn't take long to revel in it, instead turning her attention to Ricky. "Now, let's get a move on, shall we? The sooner we find this elf, the sooner you are humbled and the sooner I can go back to my evening."

Once her brother and Ricky hugged and said their goodbyes, Clara's smile fell into an expression of indifference. She observed Ricky boredly. "Do you have anything other than 'following a house elf' to go off of? What's your plan? Or do you need me to do everything just as you always have?" This wasn't true; Ricky could certainly pull his own, but she wasn't about to pay him a compliment.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */
© weldherwings.

/* ------ tabs ------ */

I don't understand muggle music. The 12 days of Christmas is completely unrealistic. There is no way that you're still accepting gifts from someone after 4 days of birds. Anyways, happy holidays. Don't forget my gift.
    - Yours truly

Cosmo wasn't sold right away on the idea that Clara would help his friend - their friend, if she would stop being so stubborn - just because she had a change of mind. No, he had every inkling to be wary because as soon as she grinned like the devil's reincarnate that she was, she went on to explain that she was going to revel in the joy that she would get from Ricky's embarrassment. The Winter twin sighed, and gave a look to Ricky.

"Take as long as you can. The other students are probably safer with her being entertained following around an elf than they are if she's on the prowl looking for someone else to torment."

Clara placed a hand on her chest in false offense. "I do not torment."

"You do me." Cosmo muttered. He turned to Ricky and gave him a big smile, then wrapped an arm around his friend as his way of saying farewell. "Good luck, your girlfriend's been in a mood all day." He whispered, only loud enough for Ricky to hear. When he pulled back, he gave a goodbye at regular volume, then turned and strode away, tucking his hands into his pockets as he looked for his new friends. Ricky and Clara were enough trouble on their own, but together they could be quite the handful. And with one of them being mad at the other, who knew what their night was going to look like. Merlin, I hope they don't find themselves with the likes of that Vasu boy.

Thankfully before long, Raphael and Gavy found them. Cosmo grinned at them, then watched as his sister and Ricky walked off. He gave his newer friends an apologetic smile. "Sorry about them, they're doing a thing," He explained with a dismissive wave of his hand. "But hey! You two are champions! Amazing, right? Let's find the others! I'm sure either my sister or Ricky will join us later. I'm interested in this snack cart of yours."

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

/* ------ tabs ------ */

I changed. It's hard for me to know who I was before all of this. I molded myself into a pretender. Now, every other version of me feels fake.

- Written about herself

After dinner and the names were announced, Amity made herself busy with helping the other staff and elves clean up the messes that had been made. It allowed for her to keep an eye on some of the newer students as well as do something useful. She didn't have high stakes in the competition so she didn't care too much about getting intel like some of the other students and teachers did; maybe she would grow to feel differently. If she was bored it was fun to pry a little bit under the guise of a cheery and overly happy woman. But she was more concerned about keeping her identity from everyone hidden.

Her slip up with Cha-Cha earlier hadn't gone unnoticed. He didn't draw any attention to it, but a sly dog like him wouldn't miss the translation mistake she had made while talking to him. There would be more encounters between them soon, and she needed to be prepared. Normally the next step she would take would be dipping inside people's minds to see what they thought of her and craft a carefully manipulated response to get the outcome she wanted, but that wasn't something she did often, and Cha-Cha would certainly feel her if she attempted. No, her best bet would be to come clean and hope that he didn't hate her enough to turn her in.

She plotted and schemed while she helped some of the other professors tidy up. She waved her wand and scrubbed some dishes while she listened to some of the students talk and converse. The twins she had seen earlier were talking to one of Cha-Cha's students, the secondary. The one she presumed to be the brother looked a little conflicted about leaving the other two alone, and the curly haired boy looked pleasantly surprised by whatever outcome had been chosen. The girl, however, radiated barely concealed anger. The auras above her revealed that she was deeply hurt, but not on the verge of a panic attack like she had been during their dance. Something had changed. Ricky, on the other hand, had colors revealing hope and anxiety. It wasn't hard to put together that the two of them had been fighting. Perhaps not tonight, but the space between them was probably feeding into their nerves.

But they were students, so she didn't care too much. It was what was said about Cha-Cha that made Amity smirk as she magically sanitized the wooden tables in the great hall.

"He and I are sort of close. He's my favorite professor and I think you might like him if you got to know him. Plus he's really smart. For a price he might be willing to take you on as a student to learn Occulumency." the younger boy had said. The girl's snarky response made Amity wonder if Cha-Cha would take her on just because she was a pain.

Amity moved on to the other students. Most of the new ones had left already, but there were still a few lingering around. Most of the groups were in bunches of twos and threes, and not all that surprising, most of the visitors were choosing to hang out with their competition rather than the Ilvermorny students that would be staying in place the school year. She hoped that her other students wouldn't be left out, but she supposed it made sense. She herself had been rather shy back at school, she wouldn't have been brave enough to take the lunge to meet new people. Hell, she probably wouldn't have even gone as a secondary and left Hogwarts.

© weldherwings.

Raphael

Beauxbatons Champion

Mood:

Pumped

Ilvermorny

Outfit:

Interactions:

Gavy and Cosmo

Raphael watched in wonder as Cosmo's sister and Ricky turned away as if they were in their own world. He couldn't blame them. They did look a little busy. He wanted to ask about what they were up to but Cosmo drew the attention back to the food and he was ready to fill his belly again. He looked down at the blonde next to him and smiled. He dramatically rubbed his belly. "I could go for a snack. Gavy, you gotta show us somewhere good!"

People were filtering out of the Great Hall which helped make it easier to take in the size of the place. To a person who didn't look like he paid attention to the finer details they wouldn't think that Raphael would notice the big and little things but he did. Their great hall was larger than the one at his school even though he was aware they probably had the same amount of students. There were more windows in there than there were back at home though. This was probably because the weather in whatever a Missouri was was different than the weather at Beauxbaton. Or maybe he just found the school too hot. Even though it was snowy outside he was uncomfortably warm from all the bodies and heat inside the school. He had the strong urge to go outside and plop himself in the snow to make snow angels until his body went numb with frostbite.

He watched Gavy's hair turn a new color. It looked pink in color and it made him smile. "That's sick!" He awed. He didn't normally touch girls but a hand reached out and he gingerly took a strand between his fingers. "I wish mine could do that! This is so cool. I always wondered what my hair would look like for all of my emotions. I bet you had so many friends before you started school here." Raphael meant no harm by this especially since he didn't know Gavy's dark history. To him it was simple. Cool hair meant more friends. Even if the friends in question would have been between the ages of seven and ten.

Ricardo

Castelobruxo Secondary

Mood:

Nervous

Ilvermorny

Outfit:

Interactions:

Clara

Ricky wasn't as smooth as he thought he was. Clara immediately picked up on the empty promise like the clever witch he was and even though it wasn't his place he felt a rush of pride swell up in his chest. She was always a fast thinker and quick on her feet. But the threatening and alluring smile she gave him did nothing to make him regret his actions. They were paid tenfold when she finally looked at him with something other than disgust. Kiara's earlier comment about the twins being attractive was a severe understatement. Both were pretty but Ricky had always felt drawn towards Clara in a way that was inexplainable. Cha-Cha was hopeless like he was so maybe he would understand the invisible string theory. Cosmo might believe in soulmates. He might believe Ricky if he told him he thought Clara was his. Cosmo leaned in and breathed a goodbye that Ricky wanted to roll his eyes and argue at but instead pinkened. These damn twins were going to kill him.

He knew she wouldn't take it but he extended his arm out for Clara to take the same way he always did when they were not on the verge of killing each other. He hoped his smile looked real. For all the animosity on her side it felt real to him. He felt his heart sing when she agreed to help him even if it was just to see it backfire. "Right. Here's the rundown." He lowered his voice and leaned in a small fraction to talk to her so she could hear him. He tried not to focus on the enticing smell of her perfume or the way some of her soft hair tickled the side of his cheek. "We are to follow an elf and figure out where it is delivering a bottle of wine to. Don't look at me, I don't know why either. I think my professor just wants to get his dick wet. After we figure out where the room is, I am to meet him and Lis at the library."

Ricky wasn't sure how he was going to pull all of this off. Step one was finding the elf but he didn't even know where....

"I see her!" He whisper shouted. He grabbed Clara's soft hand and drug her with him to hide behind a couple of Ilvermorny students. One of the boys opened their mouths to flirt with her but he sent a scathing glare that suggested they were together. They weren't romantically together but the other man didn't need to know that. The interaction was just long enough for Ricky to catch sight of the elf as she walked out of the Great Hall.

"That was her! How do you think we should follow her?" He asked Clara. He knew he was still holding her hand but pretended to not notice it. To see how long it would take for her to snatch it away from him. Hand holding in the past wasn't common but when he shared a room with her so often it wasn't like they were worried about such a little thing.

• Naomi Eun Hai (De Vries)
    Beauxbatons - Female - Muggle Born - Secondary

Kiara’s kind words followed by the warm gesture of the gentle hand squeeze she bestowed upon Naomi brought a sweet smile to her pale pink lips that surprisingly did not fade when her classmate made a sudden and swift departure. Naomi was an understanding soul and knew the excitement of seeing one who hasn’t been seen in quite some time, thus she did not think anything wrong of Kiara excusing herself to greet another. Sitting at the table alone for several minutes longer Naomi took her sweet time carefully folding the unused napkins nearby into an array of origami animals. By the time the pale haired young woman stood to depart her place at the table she left in her wake a tiny zoo of folded creatures ranging from cranes, to bears, to giraffes and many more, each perched around the place settings and trays of food. As she stood to leave she turned to her little napkin zoo and nodded her head in farewell. She knew good and well that the house elves would undo her work soon enough but that never made it any less worth doing as it brought her a sense of peace and accomplishment to bring even a moment of beauty to something as mundane as a simple white napkin.

Turning away from her folded work Naomi began to stroll through the crowd, her mask no longer on her face but rather hanging loosely by its ties from her wrist. Upon her other wrist a thin floral patterned bracelet was coiled, the latch hidden beneath a jeweled flower that was normally colorless but was beginning to smoke with red. “Oh dear.” Naomi breathed softly and her simple stroll through the crowd turned into elegant yet rushed movements. She did her best not to bump into others but knew she accidentally shouldered several individuals during her rushed departure. “I’m sorry.” She called over her shoulder to those she ran into before fleeing from the banquet hall and following the gems of her flower bracelet, the crimson growing brighter on the petals that indicated which direction she should follow. To any unfamiliar with the trinket it might just seem like she was running blind through a new school, which in a sense she was, but with this bracelet to guide her she knew she would find the cause for her worry soon enough.

Tearing through hallways and corridors Naomi looked down at her bracelet as it now glowed scarlet in the direction of the door right in front of her. Reaching out with a firm grasp the petite young woman carefully pulled the thick wooden door open, its creaking echoing across the stone halls, and peered inside. “Bumblebarb, what have you done?” She breathed and looked at the mess of luggage that was spread across the room where the house elves had clearly temporarily stored the students things before moving them to their assigned rooms. All across the room squirt cases and crates were wide open with different items spread out, clearly having been thoroughly investigated by someone, or better something, on the hunt for particular items. “Bumblebarb, where are you?” Naomi’s soft voice called out, clearly not wanting to draw attention to what had become of the luggage and trying to figure out how to fix it without upsetting anyone.

To her right she spotted a thick grey and white sweater bobbing from side to side as something clearly was caught within it. “There you are!” She gasped and reached for the sweater, pulling it up from the ground to find her beloved niffler clinging to the sleeves clearly trying to removes the shiny buttons that were sewn into the cuffs of the sweater. “No little one, that will ruin it.” She scolded in a gentle tone as she pulled the tiny creature away from the buttons despite its clear protests. “Now let’s see all we need to return to the others.” She sighed as she clearly was well aware that her darling niffler had been on the hunt for the shiniest of objects among the students things. Turning his tiny body upside down a waterfall of objects began to descend from Bumblebarb’s pouch. Once the items stopped falling Naomi looked down at the pile and spotted a silver key on top. It was the key to Bumblebarb’s enclosure. “You little sneak. Stealing from the poor house elves that were trying to feed you. You should be ashamed.” Naomi lectured her little friend as she held him up in front of her. Her tone while light and gentle held a level of authority that was not normally laced within her words. “You are lucky I love you so much.” She added as Bumblebarb headbutted her thumbs.

Mentions: OPEN FOR INTERACTIONS!

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

THEODORE WEST
HOGWARTS CHAMPION
Intrigued, Guarded
Ilvermorny - The Corridors
Vasu Aviator Aviator and Chitrita honeycoves honeycoves
Theodore wasn’t entirely sure what he had been expecting from Shiva’s heir, but this was decidedly not it. In a matter of seconds, the younger boy had shifted into a bristling alley cat, the very image of a tacky halloween decoration as Theo dared to encroach on his territory. Easy, he wanted to say, I’m not an enemy yet. But he held his tongue, resolving to lie and wait a moment longer, letting Vasu serve on a platter what normally would’ve required further prying with a deft hand.

It seemed as though Vasu’s mentor had not yet cautioned him on the importance of allies… or if he had, the Koldovstoretz champion had disregarded his counsel entirely. Theodore, on the other hand, was in the process of carefully selecting those he deemed worthy of an investment. Would Vasu Saini prove himself an asset in this competition… or a liability? He mulled over such contemplations as the raven haired boy paraded around in front of him, so easily provoked by Theo’s comment that he had to wonder if there was not some sort of attachment between Vasu and the girl. Why else would he have insinuated that her family approved of him?

It was a juicy bit of information that Theo tucked away for use at a later time, if nothing else, noting that Chitrita was a surefire way to invoke Vasu’s ire. Shiva’s heir was a definitively proud person, that much Theo had already surmised. This target was one that would be more easily swayed with honey than vinegar, a stroke or two of his ego likely all he needed to secure a tentative friendship… but friendship was not what Theodore was after.

He remained stoic as Vasu struck again and again like an agitated snake, realizing that belittling him further in front of Chitrita would serve little more than his own entertainment. “I didn’t come to challenge you, Saini.” a carefully controlled exhale of breath later, “nor do I have any intentions of seducing your girlfriend.” He cast his gaze towards Chitrita then, attempting to get a read on her, surprised to find that she seemed even more entertained by this than Theo himself. Did she see the unnecessary choreography he was orchestrating to avoid stepping on Vasu’s toes?

Already, Vasu was proving more of a hassle to placate than he might’ve been worth, but Theodore was comfortable in the knowledge that he didn’t necessarily have to like Vasu in order to count him as an ally. At the very least, this gave him an opportunity to better understand his opponents, the way a mechanic might reverse engineer a curious bit of machinery to expose what exactly made it tick. Chitrita, on the other hand, reminded him of an affectionate cat brushing up against his leg with a resounding purr. An approach he found, perhaps, more threatening than Vasu’s prickly defenses. At least Theo knew what to expect from Shiva’s heir… but the possibility that the sweet kitten was concealing lethal claws gave him pause.

Before Vasu could strike further at Theo, Chitrita proposed a game of truth or dare, an invitation that he mulled over momentarily as if he were attempting to dissect different flavor notes in a glass of wine. With a wry smile and a curt nod, Theo made himself comfortable in one of antique love seats positioned across from the piano, his elbows resting on his knees as he leaned forward, his interest piqued. “Vasu… truth or dare?”
coded by natasha.

f96d54aa5df1614f069d9170c00cdb92.jpg

Vasu Saini // “Shiva’s Heir” // Male // 5th Year // Koldovstoretz Champion // Parselmouth
“That’s right.” Vasu had done no such thing, but his voice didn’t waver as he affirmed Chitrita’s statement that he had suggested a game of strip poker. His hands slapped onto his hips and he lifted his chin at Theodore, a matador staring down a bull across an arena of glory that ended only in death. Frankly, he’d rather play for money—something he could dearly use—than visual stimulation, but poker was a game he’d known from observing some of his father’s games. Ten men would gather in an oval around a table with green felt, sipping cheap beer from glass bottles as they bet lavish sums on a single hand, pushing veritable towers of chips into the pool. Before a maid inevitably rousted him from the room, Vasu kept his ears open for unfamiliar terms and would flip through a handheld poker dictionary he’d bought with his allowance for their meanings. Overpair, tilt, calling station, nuts, playing the rush, ranging one’s opponent. Poker had been an obsession for him as a kid, and it was a game that he was confident he could win. More importantly, it was a familiar situation, and familiarity made him feel safe. In control. Nothing to lose.
But the hope in his chest dried up when Chitrita pointed out the obvious: They had no chips to bet. Unless they could find a multitude of something else to represent sums of money. Vasu’s mind raced as he tried to think of an adequate substitute. If they played strip poker, did they even need chips? He was unfamiliar with the rules of the game, having never played such a lewd variation before, but wouldn’t it make sense for the person with the weakest hand to remove an article of clothing as penalty? He was about to point this out when Chitrita cut in, suggesting that they play truth or dare. Of course, given her imperious tone, “suggest” was the wrong word; she declared the game they’d be playing, more like. Pressure clenched Vasu’s throat tight at the same time that a feral smile broke out across Theodore’s face. Truth or dare seemed packed full of dangers, especially when he was playing with two strangers. Who was to say that they weren’t sociopaths who’d issue blatantly humiliating dares? Vasu felt he had little to gain from being peer-pressured to lick the floor.
Disguising his fear of the unknown as disdain for a children’s game, he crossed his arms and huffed, “Truth or dare, really? What are you, five? What a stupid game when I can just pick truth and lie every time. And who would know? Not you, certainly.” Nerves made him run on like an overwound clock. Peacocking was the word Chitrita had used. Vasu hadn’t fully understood her meaning at the moment, but he had the feeling that it had to do with overcompensating for one’s insecurities with bluster.
Ignoring Vasu’s objections, Theodore crossed the room, striding to a love seat positioned directly across from the piano. The chair screeched like the cries of someone waking in their coffin as he turned it around and straddled the cobalt cushion, slouched lazily, arms folded atop the back of the chair. His eyes were wide and dark as new moons as they bore into Vasu’s, who tried not to let the tension he was feeling show in his posture. Clearly not taking no for an answer, Theodore gave him an ultimatum. Truth or dare. A current of fear ran through Vasu. “Neither,” he scoffed, mimicking Theodore’s folded arms and drawing himself up on the piano bench. “I’m not playing your stupid game. Find some Ilvermorny first-years eager to throw away their dignity.”
At his refusal, Chitrita clicked her tongue, as if it were a massive shame that Vasu had to ruin their fun. Low enough for only him to hear, she muttered something about being engaged to a coward, and Vasu’s face flamed. His posture turned ramrod straight, stiff with indignation. “Fine then!” he exclaimed, his anger seeping into a shrill, unhinged note. “Dare, fuck you.” His back teeth snapped together and he hissed furious breaths between them as he leveled a molten stare at Theodore. The corner of the Hogwarts boy’s mouth slanted into an insufferable angle as he deliberated, cupping his chin with one hand thoughtfully. Vasu waited for what seemed like an eternity, seconds stretching interminably as he waited for Theodore to proclaim a sentence, the verdict already having been delivered.
Vasu’s mind raced with endless horrors. Make a dunce cap and wear it to classes all day tomorrow? Retake the stage in the Great Hall and perform an embarrassing dance for whoever still lingered? Reveal all of the spells he’d performed over the summer, away from professors’ watchful eyes? He felt sick to his stomach, resenting how easily an attractive girl had manipulated him into making a fool of himself.
Finally, Theodore, with a smile like Lucifer when he was cast out of heaven, declared the punishment for Vasu’s stupidity. Vasu blinked twice, hard, when he heard it, nonplussed. “Who the hell is Bellamy?” he snapped, defensive and wanting to take his anger out on someone other than himself. The implication that Bellamy had a cane made Vasu assume that it was the elderly silver-haired professor who’d accompanied Clara and Cosmo, but that didn’t make sense. Why would Theodore care about antagonizing someone he’d presumably never met? Theodore cocked his head and squinted his eyes at Vasu, as if he were a Muggle-born who’d never heard of Quidditch, or just a unique brand of stupid. His voice dripping with acid, Theodore clarified that this was Faron Bellamy they were talking about, Auror extraordinaire. Something clicked in Vasu’s head, a scrap of memory floating to the surface. He recalled seeing the name on the textbook he’d used for Magical Theory last semester, and before that, as a caption under moving pictures in newspapers, showing a long-nosed man slapping cuffs on Dark wizards.
“Do you mean to suggest that Faron Bellamy the celebrity is here?” Vasu asked coldly, eyebrows lifting in disbelief. “Even if he were, last time I checked Bellamy doesn’t have a cane. He’s like, what, not even thirty? Besides, Aurors can’t be cripples.” Theodore corrected Vasu, explaining that Bellamy had retired from the force and was the Hogwarts chaperone for the tournament. “No way he teaches now,” Vasu argued, unable to believe that an ace Auror would give up his career—and all the wealth and status associated with it—for a humble living as a professor. It seemed like the kind of pathetic choice that Vinogradov would make.
Theodore suggested that Vasu could interrogate his professor on his life choices as much as he liked after stealing his cane. “Yeah, okay, I’ll steal your decrepit eighty-year-old professor’s cane. Maybe I’ll give him a little push and he’ll fall right into the grave,” Vasu retorted. The fear that he might have felt at such a dangerous task was replaced by exasperation that he was being taken for a ride. He stood and cracked his knuckles, bending back to leisurely stretch his shoulders. “Can you at least point me in the right direction of your professor? Or is hunting him down part of the challenge, too?”

• Gavriel Sylvie
    Ilvermorny - Female - Half-Blood - Champion

Ricky and Clara’s immediate departure didn’t dampen Gavy’s adventurous or social drive in the slightest as they moved off without acknowledging the new arrivals. Clearly the duo had something on their mind and it wasn’t as though snack time was a requirement to be friends with Gavy, though she did appreciate those who didn’t judge her snacking habits. Her smile brightened as both young men seemed interested in the prospect of a new location to score delicious food that few other people seemed to know about. Ilvermorny had its fair share of secret locations, little gems that one might find by accident or through hidden knowledge passed down from student to student over generations. Gavy assumed most schools likely had something similar as they were all older than anyone around today, immortals excluded of course, and hidden passageways and rooms were just part of the old ancient school combo pack.

“Great!” She beamed and held an arm out to each of the young men, an act of playful chivalry on her part towards Cosmo and Raph. She gave them a moment to decide whether to accept the offered arms or not, if they decided not to she didn’t have an issue as she knew not everyone enjoyed physical contact. Once they were on the move she glided through the great hall and towards an out-of-sight side exit that could easily be missed among the structure and decorations of the room. Remembering Cosmo’s comment about how amazing it was that she and Raph were champions resulted in the petite multi-colored-haired girl glancing up at him with a smirk. “Who knows Cosmo, maybe Clara will decide to let you fill in for her during a challenge? Then the three of us can have a blast knocking each other around.” She purred playfully. She didn’t really know Clara at all so she wasn’t sure if her suggestion was viable in the slightest but the idea of getting to go against both young men she had begun to sprout a friendship with sent thrilling lightning through her veins.

As she led them down a narrow side corridor her attention turned to Raph who was gently running his fingers along a lock of her now majority coral-colored hair, though it did still have several streaks of other emotion-linked colors woven into the locks. “Thanks.” She beamed when he expressed his awe. As he continued speaking she felt her heart stutter at the mention of her time before Ilvermorny. For a moment her neon eyes dulled along with several locks of her brightly colored hair to a metallic silver tone (C8CBCF) with hints of blue that resembled the flesh of a blueberry (1B3869). The words sunk into her soul for a heartbeat and with it, they tore open a mixture of sorrow and pain that Gavy liked to keep safely tucked away. She blinked and as quickly as the emotions flared up she shoved them back down, determined not to let her demons drag her down on such a thrilling night. She would cave in later when she was alone, when no one was around to see the claws of her past dig into her soul and mark her with the colors of her pain. Summoning forth memories of joyous times from her mind palace Gavy’s colors changed back within the blink of an eye, the colors of sorrow and pain only there long enough to make one wonder if they were a trick of the eye. “Yeah, it is a pretty fun party trick.” She chuckled and shook her once again neon blue (00C8FF) and sunny yellow (FFF203) for whimsical dramatic effect. “And luckily I am pretty much an open book so it doesn’t really bother me that my emotions are too. One of my first-year friends actually had a chart that they posted in our dorm and did her best to record what emotion she thought each color meant. It was entertaining for myself and the other girls to watch her pour over it.” She shared. It wasn’t the same as what Raph had meant but her life before school wasn’t a place she wanted to venture into for a stroll down memory lane at this point. “I am like a walking mood ring.” She said with a slight nose scrunch when she smiled as she poked fun at herself.

Turning the corner halfway down the hall they were currently in the trio came to a stop in front of a little alcove that looked as though it was only there to provide a pleasant little study area next to a small gargling fountain. “Get ready to have your socks knocked off.” Gavy smiled over her shoulder as she stepped forward to run her fingers along the smooth stone on the third tier of the fountain. “Suavis Macula.” She uttered as her fingers danced from one stone to the next. The small fountain began to shift as the water began to fill the cracks along the stone wall until suddenly the wall itself slid open. “Come on, this way.” Gavy waved Cosmo and Raph towards the now-open hidden passageway. On the inside the room stretched and widened into a massive pantry stocked to the brim with just about every sweet, snack, and ingredient one might be able to think up. Several shelves even seemed to be colored pale blue or bright red as though to indicate the items stored on them were already cold or hot.

Mentions: Raph captaindanger captaindanger Cosmo pearjuice pearjuice

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

KIARA SINCLAIRE
BEAUXBATONS SECONDARY
Speculative
Ilvermorny Grand Hall
Bellamy honeycoves honeycoves (Einar mentioned) Sanctuaryforall1 Sanctuaryforall1
As Bellamy began to weave a tale of his injury in Austria, prompting his premature retirement, Kiara could not help but feel slightly…apprehensive. A tension began to take hold of her limbs, an abnormal stiffness that would’ve warranted suspicion from those who knew her well, but it seemed Faron Bellamy did not fall into that category. As he continued speaking, a single question lingered at the forefront of Kiara’s mind. Why hadn’t Bellamy told Adrian of any of this? The two had been thick as thieves no more than a year ago. Surely Bellamy would’ve told Adrian of such a catastrophic development in his life… wouldn’t he?

"I haven't forgotten you, mon étoile."

The familiar nickname drew her out of her haze, prompting a practiced smile from her as she nodded passively. She tried her best not to look so noticeably suspicious, instead offering him reassuring grins and nods as he continued speaking. She made a mental note to take up the conversation with Adrain at a later time, to write him a letter perhaps, inquiring as to whether he was yet aware of Bellamy’s new position at Hogwarts. But suddenly, it was her turn to speak again, as Bellamy had inquired as to how both she and her eldest brother had been fairing nowadays.

“Adrian is well. He’s been busy raising our latest hatchling, Nemo. To be honest I think the little guy has given Adrian quite the run for his money. He has more energy than he knows what to do with.” She laughed softly, fondly reflecting on the young dragon who had stolen her own heart. “I do think Adrian will be proposing to Margot soon.” she continued, discreetly scrutinizing Bellamy’s facial expressions for any hint of recognition. Margot and Adrian had first met during their final year at Beauxbatons, and had been together ever since. When Adrian had left to join the ranks of Aurors in the French Ministry for Magic, Margot had decided to take up a teaching position as a Beauxbatons charms professor. Margot, Adrian and Bellamy had all graduated from Beauxbatons in the same year, so Kiara was expecting that Bellamy would have something to say about his friends’ pending engagement.

Just as she opened her mouth to continue her deft prying, a flicker of motion behind Bellamy’s shoulder caught her attention. The sudden shift of focus in her gaze causing Bellamy to glance behind his own shoulder, where Theodore West was rapidly approaching with a cheshire grin fixed upon his annoyingly attractive face.

“Professor Bellamy, Miss Sinclaire and… Professor Einar, is it?” Theodore extended a hand towards the Durmstrang professor, suddenly projecting the persona of an exceedingly well behaved and socially adept young wizard all to keene on monopolizing the attention of both auror-turned-professors. Kiara’s arms folded across her chest with thinly veiled disdain as she watched the interaction between the trio. What was Theodore up to? Whatever it was, it had interrupted her conversation with Bellamy just in time to absolve him of any suspicious responses, or lack thereof, to Adrian’s engagement. Kiara would have to resume that conversation with Bellamy at a later time, for now, she was more interested to see what had prompted Theo to interrupt them.

The Hogwarts champion continued to make small talk with the two professors, leaving Kiara largely uninvolved in the conversation, her eyes darting back and forth between whoever was speaking from one moment to another. If she didn’t already have such a distaste in her mouth for Theodore, she might’ve tried to reinsert herself into the conversation, but after their dance earlier she had vowed to keep her distance from him. The minutes began to toll on, and just as Kiara was about to excuse herself from the interaction, they were approached by a young girl holding a piece of parchment out to Bellamy expectantly.

“You’re the real Faron Bellamy, I can’t believe it!”

And then another, seemingly appearing from nowhere.

“Oh my god, Faron Bellamy!!”

Kiara crinkled her nose at the distinct american accent that caused the word ‘god’ to sound more like ‘gawd.’ These Ilvermorny girls were beginning to swarm, and she found herself taking a step back to avoid getting trampled in the ensuing chaos as one by one they continued pestering Bellamy for his autograph.

Tell us what happened in Austria!
Can I see your wand?
Bellamy, are you single?

Kiara’s eyes rolled to the back of her head as she watched them gather like moths to a flame, each one more incessant than the last. She had known that Bellamy had quite the following back in France, but had his notoriety really progressed to an international level? She wasn’t sure where to look as the hoard of young girls began to overwhelm Bellamy.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

• lisandro valencia
    castelobruxo champion

L
    isandro tried to listen as Cha-Cha explained what they were doing, but his so-called explanation didn’t clear much up for him. Gangs? … Poison? He couldn’t tell how literal his professor was being. Lis wasn’t very good with metaphorical language, always taking things a bit more seriously than people had intended. It drove his mother insane, with her metaphors and wide generalizations, always chastising him for taking her so literally. He glanced between his professor and the dark hallway behind him as he spoke, straining not only to understand but also to hear him, between his own iffy spellcasting and Cha-Cha’s low tones. Does that make sense?

Lis nodded lamely. A lie. He didn’t fully grasp his meaning, but decided that if he couldn’t trust his professor, he really couldn’t trust anybody. So, he followed Cha-Cha closely through the hallway, almost directly into a cook exiting the kitchen as Cha-Cha seemingly disappeared in thin air just before the other man appeared. His professor yanked him out of the way and then asked if he needed to leave Lis behind. This question took Lis by surprise – he knew he wasn’t the best at sneaking, but what use was training him if he wasn’t even there?

He shook his head determinedly at the question, and his face grew a little hot with embarrassment – had he done that poorly for Cha-Cha’s standards thus far? If he couldn’t succeed in sneaking down an empty hallway, what was even the point of trying to compete? Maybe he should just go home, pack his bags and let Ricky take his shot at the competition. He wondered how he could even face his family if he did that. Perhaps he’d see Nestor again sooner than he’d expected. As he was planning his future life as an outcast hermit, his professor began to sneak into the kitchen.

Lis followed, blinking hard in the excruciating lights, the transition harsh from the dark hallway. He took a moment to adjust to the light – a bit too long, as Cha-Cha was already past an elf who was spraying water. Lis stepped carefully, deliberately, almost slipping with every other step. His dress shoes weren’t made to step through the wet and grime of a kitchen, and he tried to maintain his balance. Once, he slipped on an indiscriminate pile of food and water and slipped hard, almost losing his legs completely out from under him, but he grabbed the line next to him hard to maintain his balance before Cha-Cha noticed, straining the muscles in his legs and back, but otherwise not making a loud sound or distracting from their journey through the kitchen.

As Lis caught up to him, Cha-Cha told him to move and then tossed an apple across the entire kitchen. Lis was at first perplexed – didn’t he want their presence to remain a secret? But as the scene before him unfolded he realized what it was – a distraction. The chef the apple hit was yelling, trying to fight his coworkers and shoving off whoever was trying to help. Lis jumped when Cha-Cha nudged him, enthralled with the chaotic scene unfolding before him. He didn’t realize how jumpy this sneaking around had made him, but he didn't like it. He followed Cha-Cha into the dry storage.

He stood behind the older man awkwardly as he searched for the bottles, not sure how much distance to maintain – what if someone walked in, or Cha-Cha said something quietly to him that he couldn’t hear? He thought about tinkering with his Muffliato spell, hoping to tweak it just enough that it would work as intended – he wasn’t sure what was causing the issues, if it was his own hearing or something simple like that, or if his abilities were just like that. Mediocre, but passable. He figured it was probably the latter as Cha-Cha spun around and nearly punched him. He took a quick step back as Cha-Cha grabbed his own and then a few steps more back towards the door.

Four bottles seemed a bit overkill, but Lis shrugged it off as Cha-Cha reasoned that it was for “insurance.” Whatever they needed to ensure they could do with four bottles of cooking oil made Lis nervous but he tried to put their actual task at the back of his mind and take it step by step. Lis peeked out the door a bit to see the argument still going on, then slipped out with Cha-Cha hot on his trail. He’d made it halfway to the door when he heard a loud splat behind him and froze in his tracks for a moment. Slowly, he glanced behind at his professor and the lone bottle of oil on the floor. Time seemed frozen for a few seconds as the arguing in the kitchen stopped and all eyes were on then, but then Cha-Cha urged him forward and he raced out of the doors and didn’t stop until he’d made it to the library, his heart threatening to pound out of his chest, from the run and adrenaline from almost getting caught

He wished he didn’t agree to doing this… mission, or whatever it was, for his professor. Perhaps he should have let him go in the kitchen on his own. He set his bottles of oil down on a table next to Cha-Cha’s, then leaned against the table, trying to calm himself down. He was terrified that they’d be caught, perhaps someone from the kitchen had followed the mysterious floating bottles of oil to the library, or somehow his spells had revealed them to the kitchen at the most inopportune moment.

It was then that he allowed the concealment spells to falter a bit, his concentration directed towards his anxiety more than keeping up their silence. They probably were allowed in the library, anyhow, and what was the harm in them being here, other than someone stumbling across them with their potentially incriminating oil bottles?

Lisandro had started chewing at the nails on his left hand when his professor offered him a cigarette. Lis would normally have refused – he was 16, most of his professors wouldn’t have even offered him one in the first place, and he wasn’t a habitual smoker. But he often smoked at parties socially and it had always calmed his nerves a bit then. So, he didn’t know what overtook him but he found himself reaching for a cigarette from the offered tin and let his professor light it for him.

“Thanks.”

He was curious if this is what would end up getting them caught – cigarette smoke in the library, which he was sure wasn’t allowed. But a librarian was nowhere to be seen at this late time, a night before the school year had even started, so Lis tried not to agonize about it and instead glanced at the library around him.

It was huge, but seemingly built more for function than grandeur, which seemed to be the motivation behind many of the decisions in Ilvermorny’s design. This was unlike Castelobruxo, which seemingly tried to show off around every corner with its walls literally lined in gold. Lis examined the books and they were a bit the same – a mixture of old, worn down books and brand new side by side on the shelves.

He found himself, as always, wandering to the herbology section to see if they had anything new. Encyclopedia of Toadstools….. Guide to Herbology…. Shrubs and Trees for the Garden… They had the basics, but mostly what Lis had seen before. He took a couple of puffs on his cigarette and coughed, then picked up a book and began leafing through it. He hoped Ricky would get there soon, he wasn’t sure what else to say to his professor in their few moments of down time. He felt guilty for accepting the cigarette, his mother's voice in the back of his head yelling at him that it wasn't proper, that he shouldn't even be smoking in the first place, let alone in front of a professor. Let alone with one.

Honestly, he was just ready for a hot shower and to lay down in a bed. He missed his cat Lupe, and was ready for a moment’s peace after an extremely long day. Perhaps he’d have slept more on the train had he realized Cha-Cha had such excitement in store for them. Hopefully they’d be done with this ordeal soon. Hopefully they wouldn’t get caught — meeting the Ilvermorny headmaster one-on-one wasn’t really on his agenda any time soon.

As he was reading, ash from his cigarette dropped onto the book he was holding and he wiped it away in a panic, just not before the ember singed the page where it landed. He took it as a sign to stop both smoking and reading. He returned the book to the shelf and put his half smoked cigarette out on the ground before returning it to his pocket for later. He walked back to where Cha-Cha was standing at the table with the oil and took a seat to wait for Ricky.

“So... how long before we worry?”

interaction:
    Cha-Cha Aviator Aviator

feeling:
    nervous

sugar coded ♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back