[Occam's Razor] [Occam's Razor] Occam's Razor: The Colorado Incident

She smiles at him kindly. "You're welcome," she says pulling out the remote and opening the map for him and handing it to him. He was kind, nothing like the military men she met in college at the recruit stations shed gone to.

But at the same time he didn't seem as old as them either, he was still young enough, and he didn't have a ring, which meant he hadn't been married. Which given the circumstances, she felt it was probably a good thing. She had the sinking feeling had his family been in with him, had he had one, they would have been like everyone else in here with their chests slashed to bits.

She clenched the hand that had gripped inside the strangers body when she was bind and subconsciously remembered the feeling of the decaying flesh on her skin. She then hugged herself and shuddered slightly.

(This is what I get when I stay up until 4 am and wake up 6 hours later..)

Bianca kept her eyes on the monitors, checking back to Malcom and the woman's position and the beasts position as well. She felt like she was being watched and turned back, to find nothing but the other members. "Weird.." She murmured to herself. She got up and walked over to Malcom's bag, picking up one of the glow sticks that were already cracked open and threw it down the vent Malcom went out of. She ran back to the control station and keyed into the comm.

"Malcom, the glow stick is in place. And, looking at the monitor right now, it looks like those beasts are in waiting." she scanned the entire monitor and saw something out of the corner of her eye. It was the grey dot, which was near Malcom's position. "And uh.. looks like you guys aren't alone up there.. That grey dot is somewhat close to you.. So that means there are.. Seven of us so far.." she added, keeping her gaze to the monitor.

Malcom noticed, and looked her over, "Found a recent one huh..." He sighed and stretched his shoulders out, rolling them, "I was in a hallway with half of my squad." He hadn't really thought about it until then, "Almost all of those pods were empty." He smiled lightly, "Actually, most of the pods in the station are empty, I think.. were at fifteen percent..." He was still smiling. When Bianca's voice came over the comm, he nodded, and tapped it, opening his comm, "Yeah, I noticed that Bianca, Were on our way back." He purposely didn't reply to her about it. The person had been from the criminal section, he had been one of the lab rats, a convict with either so long in prison twenty years on ice seemed like a good deal, or he was on death row and needed as an experimental subject.

Malcom glanced to the shotgun shells, still in Nidelia's possession, "Let me see those for a minute Miss. I'd like to fill up." He wanted a count on the shells too, wanted to check to see if they were going to last, or if he should stick to his 9mm, which he had a decent amount of ammunition for in his bag and on his person.

Nidelia nods holding the bag opens dn out towards him. It was half full of shells and the other half had boxes of ammunition for the two handguns she had grabbed. Her eyes widened looking at it all.

She never pictured herself in this situation. The lab was supposed to be under control. And when they awoke someone was supposed to be there to assisst them and get them a medical checkup to make sure nothing was wrong and there were no permanent side effects of being in cryo. And even ten, they were in there for two hundred years! There's no way they weren't going to feel any of the effects.

She had memorized the side effects, but her memory of the few days before being frozen were fuzzy. Sickness... temporary blindness... she knew there were a few psychological Ines, but they were slipping her mind. She sighed feeling a bit like a failure at the moment. It seemed like she was the most qualified from what Malcolm said, which would mean, once everything was said and done she would need to give everyone physicals and checkups...

She was becoming extremely distracted by her thoughts she was starting to wander around in a pacing fashion without realizing it.

Malcom's hand went to her shoulder as he looked into the bag, he muttered, "Don't. We need to be quiet. I don't know how well those things can hear... I know they can bleed. But that's honestly about it." His shoulder was after all covered in the blood of one of the creatures. He let his hand drop to the shotgun, which he'd slung on it's affixed strap and started loading it. Each shell entered the chamber with a click, he finished, dropped it's safety on, and offered it to her, "Let me see the one you have." Malcom didn't wait, he didn't know what was behind them, so he gently slid the empty shotgun from her grasp, loading it in turn. He had also begun checking the handguns inside the bag, pulling each of them out, he loaded one of them, and stepping up behind her, he slid one, the safety on, into her hand, "I'll teach you to shoot later, For now..." He showed it to her, clicked the safety off, "Squeeze, don't pull, the hollow end aims at the enemy. Aim for eyes, and organs, I figure you know where they are..." He didn't want to seem cold, but he didn't want to sugar-coat what needed to be done either.

Jace had watched every movement that the man made. His eyes were striking down at him from the cracks in the ceiling, looking directly into his own. It wasn't hatred or fear that made him do so; it was curiosity. What kind of man was this guy? He seemed to be a bit of a stiff from how he talked. Almost as if he were thinking he had some sort of invisible superiority over whoever it was he had talked to before as well as the 'order' he gave the woman before himself. And so Jace's eyes squinted, looking at the man's neck for muscle tone. Sure enough, a tension washed over Jace's shoulders as he saw that this guy had some 'gumption' in him to say the least. But with a smirk, Jace resounded himself to the thoughts of what he would do to that woman should Jace and herself get some 'alone time'. While doing so, he looked at the map, seeing the two dots with one dot above them. A sly grin swiftly faded from him as he inwardly chuckles. 'He knows...' would be the thought that raced inwards. 'And I think he knows THAT I know.' His head shifted to the right slightly as he slinked down behind one of the beams. He watched in silence as the man turned and left. And even still, he had watched the woman go with a chew of his bottom lip. For now, he just listened, hearing their footsteps go onwards. And with silence now back upon him, he closed his eyes thinking on the kinds of weaponry they were packing. Shotgun and a handgun; check. Enough for a minor gun-fight; Definitely, but not for a long exchange of fire.

His mind went back to the little girl and caused him to grimace a bit. In hindsight, it was probably all of the noise they made together that brought the monsters to their location. And this was probably one of the few times he could be lucky to NOT have a family that cared. But that thought soon brought another into his mind as he wondered about those 'child bearing hips' of the woman he saw earlier. Half of their kids would be as hideous as sin, the others would be the greatest looking tots you'd ever lay eyes on. That contrasting family image made him grin. Of course he'd first have to lay her down for a night. But that's not something a bottle of vodka can't handle, he thought. 'But wait... Where would I get it?'.

Jace opened his eyes, wondering whether he had lost a bit of time in this little 'check-list' he was making. That, and of course the daydreaming he had underwent about the woman. But as he opened his eyes, he saw a shadow looming its way closer through the hall. Something big was definitely causing such a large field of shade to stretch that deep down the hallway. Especially since little 'copies' of the shadow that were slowly blooming from a central point from all of the lights that were casting rays upon said beast had roughly the same staggering size. He'd take his mirror out of from the belt he had placed around his hips, which was the same mirror he stole from that dead woman's make up kit, and slowly tilted it to where he could see the feet of the damn thing. He'd slowly wrap one of the series of boot-strings he had acquired onto the beam supporting the delicate avalanche that would no doubt fall soon due to time anyways. His eyes followed upwards as he checked to see how the top portion (aka the floor of the level above them) would crash downwards. He took in every detail. From the area that the pipes were broken, to the beams and how they'd bend when all of the weight was released from his current standings, and even how the rest of the ceiling would fall once this 'rock-slide' got started. And so he waited, looking at the multiple shadows that were cast, as well as the feet of the beast to pinpoint where it was in relation to the ceiling. If anything he could buy the two of them some time by luring the others to the creatures cries. At least long enough for him to scoot through the tight ventilation shaft to where the two had backtracked to. If only for the sake of giving that woman more time. He'd hate to see a perfectly good body go to waste after all. And it would be good if that man dropped his guard a little bit as well.

And then, as the creature stalked its ways towards them, right after it passed the part he was going to let loose, he reeled his arm back with a sharp yank. The beam steel bar came off of the support beam it was sitting on as it fell right off of the edge, letting loose all of the boulder-sized cement blocks that piled up behind the said creature. Normally, that would seem as though he had missed killing the creature. But as the hair-pin like event triggered, more and more of that entire hallway would crumble from the sheer weight. And with the ceiling came an entire floor's worth of rubble, rolling it's way through the hallway at a cataclysmic speed. When all was said and done, two entire floors worth of cement gave way, crumbling into a sick pile. All of the poor people not yet awake from their pods were either crushed, disconnected from the system, or twisted up from the fall. Their bodies would unwillingly become mortar, trapping the beast under thirty feet of cement, steel, and electronics. To Malcom and Nadalie, not to mention the entire base, the short screech of pain from some animal mixed with the earth-shaking thud of hundreds of tons of cement rattled through loud and clear.

He wouldn't wait any longer before he had made such noise than to slide a good ways with a few tugs of his arms, pulling himself FAAAR along the bend of an intersection in the next floor up's ceiling, and made his way towards the other wall. He knew that whatever these things were would be on their way and would be rushing underneath him to that location. And so with just a glimmer of hope, he slid himself forwards. Slowly... slowly, and even slower until he could see everything below him through the ventilation shaft's slotted port. He'd squint his eyes, shook his head, and continued on upwards where he figured the other two would be. If anything, any creatures that were parallel to them in the other hallways or any creatures that were running elsewhere would congregate at the location of their fallen. Or at least that was the hope. Either way, he made his way to an adjacent exit in the vents, seeing the two of them backwards a ways as they practiced their 'breathing'. He'd wait until they were done and starting their way down the hallway before he popped his head to where they could see his eyes and with a hushed whisper he said "Might wanna move that ass." He'd slide himself back inside and out of view again. "You can thank me later, babe." would be all they'd hear of his echoed whispers as he shimmied himself up a shaft that reached higher up three floors higher than where he started, using his elbows and his knees to 'crawl' his way up the slick metal walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked at him as he was standing behind her. "I know how to use it..." She says sighing. Her eyes showed that she wished she didn't, making it obvious she didn't have the best past with them.

She had even subconsciously pressed back up against him. When she realized that she quickly stepped forward slightly, turned the safety back on and put it with the other handgun in the waist of her jeans.

She looked at him. "I'm ready to go when you are," she says. She was nervous about the other person who they hadn't met yet. But she did follow Malcolm's queue of not mentioning it.

What kind of convict was he? She began to wonder, but of course, her mind went to what she considered the worst one. After all, she had already experienced one first hand...

She blacked out into another flash back once more. To Malcolm he would just see her kind of slump to her knees as she stared off into what seemed to be nothing. And if he spoke to her she wouldn't respond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She ran down the hall screaming, but dared not look back at the foot steps she knew were gaining on him. Then, it happened. The mans hands grabbed her shoulders and yanked her away, heading into her bedroom.to their immediate right...

Less than two minutes later cops busted into the house and arrested the man. The man had managed to do what he intended and was.laughing maniacly.as the cops wrapped her in some blankets.

A lady had helped her dress and taken her to the police station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nidelia snapped out of it and shook her head violently.

The sound of an earthquake followed by the ear splitting screech of one or a couple of those beasts. She looked back to the screen and noted that the entire flooring of where Malcom and company were, was destroyed, the power to that section cut off. "Shit.." she murmured, and keyed into the comm. "Malcom?" she whispered. "Are you there? It looks like the entire floor of where you guys currently were in under a pile of rubble." she added, looking back to the screen and noted the area they were in.

"I've got that entire section cut off. And about two to three red dots have disappeared." She informed him, somewhat relieved that some of the beasts have died. She felt the feeling she felt awhile ago, like someone was staring at her. Again, she turned back and found nothing. "I swear.. This place is giving me a haunting feeling.." She murmured, seemingly both alarmed and confused.

Malcom cursed under his breath, the noise behind them was tremendous. He had spun, drawing his 9mm, he held it with his left hand, the shotgun was held in his right, crossed over his left. He was suddenly solid again, the soldier in him had kicked in, when he heard Jace's whisper, he shouted out, "I'll be sure to." He bitterly realized how many corpses the man had just left behind were human, before he returned his 9mm to his waist, he started making his way back towards the vents he needed to get them to, "He just killed that entire block, If even half of them were alive, that's at least a hundred sleeping people..." he said over the open comm, his voice dripping with malice.

Without slowing, Malcom kicked the grate that blocked the vent aside and found the glow-stick at the bottom of the shaft, he put the shotgun over his shoulder, and looked back to Nidelia, "Long way up Miss, I need to know now if you think you can make the climb, if you cant, we either take another route or I carry you. Decide quick, we need to get up there and seal the vents." He took the glow stick up in his hands, shook it, and slid it into his belt loop as he had done earlier on that day. The climb ahead of them was over 100 meters, It would be rough for anyone, he knew he could do it, with weight if need be, but he wasn't sure about Nidelia, and he wasn't about to leave her behind for the creatures, or the new monster in their midst. Malcom felt rigid, all of his energy back. He would need a lot of bunk time after this, but for now, he was a power house, and the tone of his form would show it.

Nidelia jumped up catching up to him nodding. "I can make it," she said climbing first into the vent, carefully managing to grip where she needed to and began to climb. She didn't want to be a burden to him. As it was she knew he was already over exerting himself more than he should have been having just gotten out of cryo.

Atrophy!!! That was one of the other symptoms. And after two hundred years it was amazing any of them were managing as well as they were. But his body would be feeling it the worst. When this was said and done he was going to need at least a weeks rest.

Malcom gripped the cord, and tied it off to his belt, a light grin on his face as he followed after her, he let her stay just within the light, and the occasional glanced, well, rewarded him more then what most men he knew could gloat about in his job. He stayed right behind her, but reached up once and tapped his comm's channel open, "Bianca, were coming up the shaft, Do me-" He caught himself, almost slipping, and braced himself against the walls. Malcom's eyes went wide as he slid slightly. He laughed to himself, "Damn it all, this is so stupid..." He grabbed the rope and pulled himself up faster, grunting as he did, he came up right beneath Nidelia again, looking up at her, he muttered, "Well, on the bright side..." he sighed and said, "See if you can find our other friend." He was soaked in sweat now, his body was nearing it's physical limitation. He'd been awake for a little bit over two hours now, and he felt like he'd been awake for a week. Shaking his head, he prayed they would reach the top soon.

Jace was making good pace. He had climbed up to the top of the vent shaft he was in and had made his way to another vertical shoot, using the same method as before. Not that anyone could see his face, but it was one of pure determination and a corny smirk on him. His hands reached upwards, grasping ahold of one of top of the shaft and drew himself upwards, pausing at a pair of decayed feet. Some poor guy in the vent died. From what, he had no idea. But he pushed him out of the grated door beside them. 'If the exit was right there, why didn't he just go?' would be the first thought that came to mind. But then the solution to that problem revealed itself with another thought. 'ah, right... those beasts. Poor sap starved himself to death, waiting it out. Well-...' He paused as he watched the man's form crumple and twist as the corpse went head first into the cement floor. 'So much for waiting' and with that, he huffed out of his nose, ignoring the stench that he had just stirred up. He was making his way to the location where the military men were kept asleep. Where Malcom had awoke.

She looked down at him, frowning at his state. "I'm not seeing him, and with you looking like that I'm not going to spend time looking for a potential murderer, we need you to survive Malcolm, you are the only person we've got with military training right now," she says as she grunts climbing as fast as she could. Maybe her acrobatics from high school would kick in and she could grab him if he started slipping again?

No way, she was way too out of shape for that. Though something told.her she wanted to get back into that shape with this new place. Practically new world! She shuddered at the thought of it not being Earth again.

Malcom nodded, "It's alright... I'll be fine, I just need to make sick once we get back up there, that..." He knew they were nearing the top, his old boot print from when he had lowered himself down earlier, "You should be near the top Nidelia, Really soon, these are my prints from earlier." He was exhausted, so he paused again, and looked up at her, his comm had since closed, he muttered to himself, though loud enough to be heard certainly, "No rush though... The view is perfect." he grinned and snorted then carried on after her, sighing as he pushed himself up doggedly.

Bianca looked over the screen, it seems like she's been doing this for awhile now. She tried looking for the grey dot, finding it near the rubble. She walked on over to the shaft, seeing that Malcom was in the ventilation shaft. "Malcom, looks like whoever it is I'm supposed to be looking for is near the rubble. Probably in one of the ventilation shafts." she murmured. "And I heard that!" She added, laughing lightly at Malcom's demeanor. She tried peering into the shaft, to see if they needed any help.

Nidelia's face went red as a beet. There was no way to.miss what he meant when he said that, but she couldn't help but iggle. "I'm sure it is," she said and actually managed to shake her butt for him before reaching the top and rolled onto the floor and let out an extremely exasperated sigh and fell onto her back.

She didn't realize that if he were to roll in her would land on top of her. If he rolled. She closed her eyes ignoring the extreme strain pain in her arms as she forced herself to relax.

Bianca moved a ways back before she could be rolled on over by the woman. She looked at her, her eyes seemed to be closed. "Are you ok? Do you need any help? Bianca asked her, looking back into the shaft. "Hurry on up Malcom! Although do be careful!" She called to Malcom, and turned back to the female. "I'm Bianca.. Bianca Anita Blakely." She told her, a small smile on her face.

Malcom continued up the shaft, muttering to himself, "So many women, so few men, Gonna seal up the vents, and start a harem, just to..." He grunted as he pulled himself up to the peak of the vent, clinging to the edge with all the tenacity he had Malcom sighed and commented, "Just to piss off that Convict." He didn't so much roll as fall out, but he was good at falling, so he landed a few inches from ending up atop Nidelia. With what little strength he had left, he forced himself up, and untied the rope, pulling it the rest of the way in. He grabbed the wall panel up and slid it back into place. It had an external lock, so he sealed it shut, muttering,"Ought to slow them down a bit..." he dropped the shotgun he had and stumbled over to the control chair, looking for the Convict on the display. After a moment of searching he put a highlight marker on the man's blip.

Malcom sighed and sat back in the command chair, then pulled up one of the subroutines. He wasn't a genius, but he needed information, on a lot of things. Firstly, he needed to know how many had just died. He pulled up a recording of the hallway, and closed his eyes as it was all demolished. He left the video up, and put it on loop, the sound turned off. He pulled up another sub routine, this one, showed him every pod that was still active, that had people still in stasis. Malcom began locking sections down one at a time, Sealing entire bulkheads. If anyone woke up, he could reroute air, open doors, and get them to a safer location, but he wanted to limit creature movement as well as the possibility of them catching up with the convict.

He glanced at the map again, and sighed, muttering, "Alright time to talk to our new friend." Malcom sealed the bulkhead opposite of Jace, and the one behind him further back, The nearest stasis pod, one with it's former occupant dead, had a comm on it, Malcom tapped the selection of it, and pulled up the interface to it, he tapped into the localized comm at the station, as well as the personal comm unit, then he said, "Hey Killer, You wanna live? I'm your new guardian angel." His voice was calm, and cold, his face was calm. He was exhausted, but he knew how to keep his composure. His voice would echo out through the hall. Of course Jace could ignore his ploys, but he had this feeling the man wanted to survive.

Malcom sighed and stretched in the chair, closing the comm, he would wait for Jace to reply, he looked over to Bianca, asking her, "When you saw the red dots vanish... did they move away, or just vanish?" He was curious, the creatures only seemed to show up on the remote when they were moving, there was areas of red, but no real dots without movement. But the human dots were active, always at location.

Nidelia got up and went over and hugged Malcolm from behind. She didn't know how else to thank him. "Thank you so much," she said resting her forehead on his shoulder softly and closing her eyes.

She hoped the convict wasn't a rapist like what she was thinking... it would be bad for him if he was. If there were one kind of person she could shoot... those would be it. She actually shuddered as she hugged Malcolm.

Bianca could hear Malcom say something about a harem, but chose to ignore it. He was a good looking guy, a girl had to be honest. He got up and out of the vent, closing it in place. Dropping the gun he held, he walked on over to the control station and looked up to the monitors. Sighing, he sat back down on the chair and watched what had happened in the now destroyed hall.

Bianca looked to woman as she caught herself staring at Malcom for far too long. Then she heard Malcom talking, possibly to the grey dot she found awhile ago. "Hey Killer, You wanna live? I'm your new guardian angel." he called out to whoever it was. No one replied. Looks like they'll have to wait for whoever that person was. She turned back to Malcom when she heard him call her. "When you saw the red dots vanish... did they move away, or just vanish?" He asked her, looking rather curious. "They just disappeared after I heard an ear splitting screech. Maybe it came from those beasts?" She asked him, hoping that some of them had died.

Jace paused as he heard mechanical bangs and clicks, realizing that he had been locked in. And so he looked out of the vent on each side, dropping down with a flip as he used his hands to hold onto the bottom part of the vent while his legs slid out over him. And with this half-flip complete, he dropped the rest of the way down from his hanging position. When he heard the voice, he allowed a coy and cheeky smile to radiate off of his ugly mug. He'd look upwards and along the walls for any signs of 'life' and when he found nothing he pressed the button to speak. "If it isn't the world's finest. How did I get such an honor?" He'd ask, letting go of the button and putting his other arm against the empty pod, thinking for a moment before pushing the button again only long enough to say "This isn't exactly a place you want to have a conversation in, is it? So what do you want?".

Malcom could have kissed Nidelia for the affection, He smiled lightly and nodded instead, his right hand moving up to gently touch her face, trying to return the gesture. He nodded to Bianca after a moments thought, he tapped the hallway, all of the life signs, even the smaller ones, were still active, He tapped the comm open, and said, "Just so you know, All of them died for nothing, You just pissed off a group of creatures that now have your scent. They've converged on the southern door, and are currently crowded around it. I assume they're trying to tear through." Malcom would be about right too, but the doors he had activated were biological containment doors, designed to keep that section of the facility safe. "Now in the mean time... Let me skip the pleasantries, You are a survivor, and as there are so few of us left at this point, as much as those creatures would like to make you their lunch..." 'And I'd like to let them...' He thought to himself.

Malcom continued, "I find myself in need of as many pairs of hands as I can find. I don't care what you did before cryo, I really don't As far as I can see, there is no law anymore. So I'll make this simple. I'm going to guide you to a safe point, I'll open doors, and seal others, I'll keep you safe as long as you keep ahead of that swarm. I can't get you to us, but there's a service station opposite the station from us. It'll give you supplies, and food, as well as five foot thick bulkhead doors to keep your new best friends off your ass. In exchange, I want you to do two things. First, Reform, Any old bad habits, They're done as of now. Second, and this is the kicker. When someone else wakes up on your end of the block, I'm going to let you know, And your going to go and bring them back to your base of operations. Disagree with my terms, and that door behind you is going to start lifting up, really quickly." He closed his comm off, so the only sound Jace would hear would be the clawing and tearing of the creatures beyond the bulkhead.

Jace listened to what the man had to say with a few nods of his head. Not that he cared whether they could see him or not. But as he started to speak of these two conditions, Jace chuckled to himself. Though this was cut short as to the sound of claws scraping against metal. That wasn't something that he necessarily liked to hear. But at the same time, he also knew with how the man spoke earlier, he was one who liked to play by the rules. And with a frown, he'd resolve himself to betting his own life on it. He'd press the button again, letting the silence and the scraping of metal reverberate for him to hear as well. "I'm sure you can hear it. But let me make it even more clear for you. I -DID- kill one of those things. And the ones that are after me right now? They're at these doors because I drew them to me, oh guardian angel. It's because of me that those things aren't chewing on your ass right now. I saw your little map. I can put two and two together. So let's just put all of our cards here on the table. I'm calling your bluff. Punish me for what mercy I gave those poor sods in their sleeping tubes. Crushing one of those creatures at the cost of your life is better than waking to ones teeth. Especially if you get to go in your sleep." He went silent again, though still holding the button as he let out an almost taunting chuckle. "Do it. And show that woman what kind of man you really are, there, stud. Make her proud." And with that last prodding phrase, he let go of his button, leaning against the pod with his elbow now and his hand on the side of his thigh. His foot resting on a broken pipe.

She couldn't help smiling when he touched her face. It felt nice.

Nidelia watched and listened as he gave his terms to the man. Once the comm was off she blinked and spoke softly in his ear. "Shouldn't they have files in the people they put in C..." She stopped as she had a thought and reached over him and started typing things in.

Suddenly a huge list of interviews, medical records, and histories appeared on the screen.

She then zoomed in on the grey dot and found a sixteen digit number, which she then typed into a bar on the list that had come up and it pulled up a file with the name "Jace Bradley".

Just then his voice came over the comms and she took control and spoke to him.

" Call his bluff? Show me who he really is? Honestly, if your crime was so bad they waived your human rights to make you an experiment I say he should do it," she growls.

Malcom frowned, and sighed, he looked at the console muttering, "Call my bluff eh..." He glanced at the women in the room for a moment, and then shrugged, a half assed smile on his face. Malcom's hand slid over the console, and the bulkheads began to open at a slowed rate. He glanced the file over, "Start running Con." He muttered as the doors on the opposite side of the room snapped open, giving him somewhere to run, the creatures would be pouring into the room in less then a minute.

Gazing at the console, he watched as the creatures backed away from the massive hydraulic door before saying calmly, "Start Running Jace. Consider the slow door Mercy, And yeah, I'm a lot more of a bastard then you'd imagine." Malcom's eyes were cold, his tone was flat, like he didn't care. He'd looked at the count of creatures before, and taken a tally of them, there was still just as many. Jace's supposed kill was moving, if slowly, towards him, "I'd taken control of the station." He said of the comm, "I could have made it back here, flushed those beasts out of that hallway, and then opened up every one of those pods. You cost the human race over one hundred souls, One hundred souls we will never get back Jace Bradley, May they haunt your bones for the rest of your life."

Malcom had been opening paths to the other station further away from them, but the path would be round about, it would take Jace through one of the many empty maintenance bays, a lot of open ground to cover. Lot's of chances to slip up, and get eaten, Malcom said once more, "Start Running Jace." He'd watch, and let the beasts follow after him, as he knew they would, and he'd seal them in. Most of the people in that area were already dead or released, and he could still redirect the beasts away.

He sat back, looking obviously drained, he would sit there, and wait until he could seal the beasts away, but afterwards, he needed some form of sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back