OC

Inheritance said:
Andrew Blight
He saw the thing leap to swallow him, so he did what he would normally do, and threw a solid right hook covered in flame...of course he was extremely shocked when it did nothing, and he braced for death... and opened his eyes to see...this...castle... He stretched, extinguishing the flame on his hand, and looked around, unimpressed. He noticed others around him, but said nothing. At the moment, he was here to see and be seen...and of course, to listen. @Light @The Imperial Flame @Embaga Elder @djinnamon
Remember you need an injection to use your powers

[QUOTE="Caped Baldy]Long time lurker, first time poster here.
Are there any powers I should know about that are off-limits?

[/QUOTE]
As long as they don't meddle in the rules of reality, basically everything is fair game.

Let it be noted though, certain types of magic are illegal in the world of this RP, which might cause issues for your character depending on their location. Check the overview for details.

CelticSol said:
As long as they don't meddle in the rules of reality, basically everything is fair game.
Let it be noted though, certain types of magic are illegal in the world of this RP, which might cause issues for your character depending on their location. Check the overview for details.
Going off what Celtic said (or what Light's going to say) it's probably less about what the power is as long as you use your common sense, and more about how you use the power. Like if you're a fire manipulator, totally okay, but you probably won't be allowed to summon giant flame serpents from the start, and definitely not without mana injections or the like.

However you can unlock infinate mana&infinate power if you can tell me how to go faster then the speed of light

Inheritance said:
However you can unlock infinate mana&infinate power if you can tell me how to go faster then the speed of light
Wow, your first post to someone and you didn't mention Northwood? Can I take your temperature?

Lotusy said:
Wow, your first post to someone and you didn't mention Northwood? Can I take your temperature?
What...dude you just... I think, correct me if I'm wrong...was that a joke? Jesus Christ I think that was an attempt at comedy...

[QUOTE="Caped Baldy]Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try to keep within the established boundaries

[/QUOTE]
No problem. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Caped Baldy]Thanks for accepting It's probably going to take me a while to post since I need to catch up on what's currently going on in the RP [/QUOTE] Currently everyone is starting off in school but whenever they're available to start up the plot said:
539dfd67c9492fa732c2e259663474cd.jpg.6116b7ad0981fdc9e8717b5cfa0a7419.jpg
[/URL]

Attachments

• 539dfd67c9492fa732c2e259663474cd.jpg
    539dfd67c9492fa732c2e259663474cd.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 35
Inheritance said:
What...dude you just... I think, correct me if I'm wrong...was that a joke? Jesus Christ I think that was an attempt at comedy...
Wow I thought we were friends man, banter is banter

@Caped Baldy I know you've been accepted already, but if it's no big deal, I just wanted to ask if you could clear up a few things for me real quick (I'll be outta your hair after this I promise :P ). This isn't anything too big, but I just wanted to specify real quick.

• Where does mana come into it? I know she's a demonic vessel, but are the demons using her mana to do abilities? And on a less important note, why dark mana (that one is more for my interest)?
  • What's the example of a few demons powers? Like what is the least powerful powers and the most powerful they could have? Just wanted to get a good range, you know?
  • I don't have a third one, I just like when bullets come in threes :P

Last edited by a moderator:
LokiofSP said:
@Caped Baldy I know you've been accepted already, but if it's no big deal, I just wanted to ask if you could clear up a few things for me real quick (I'll be outta your hair after this I promise :P ). This isn't anything too big, but I just wanted to specify real quick.
  • Where does mana come into it? I know she's a demonic vessel, but are the demons using her mana to do abilities? And on a less important note, why dark mana (that one is more for my interest)?
  • What's the example of a few demons powers? Like what is the least powerful powers and the most powerful they could have? Just wanted to get a good range, you know?
  • I don't have a third one, I just like when bullets come in threes :P
It's no problem Loki, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can

• The mana is used to power Ree's "demonic affinity" aura which draws demonkin to her and influences their perception of her. Think of it along the lines of "charisma, but with demons"
  • As for why it's dark mana powered, I personally had trouble discerning which category of mana "field of influence over demons that user perpetually radiates because they have no idea how to stop it" would fall under, but dark mana seemed like the best fit, I'm ready to change that if it's a discrepancy
  • Most Ree's demons are rather weak and usually their fighting prowess doesn't go that far above having big teeth and claws, though some of the more advanced demons, such as Zeal, have the power of knowledge to give Ree, which can give her life-saving information (such as how to dodge) in the event of a fight.
    Although there are some demons that have developed something other than teeth and nails, such as acidic saliva or becoming miniature pocket spaces or skin tough enough to stop blades

[QUOTE="Caped Baldy]It's no problem Loki, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can
  • The mana is used to power Ree's "demonic affinity" aura which draws demonkin to her and influences their perception of her. Think of it along the lines of "charisma, but with demons"
  • As for why it's dark mana powered, I personally had trouble discerning which category of mana "field of influence over demons that user perpetually radiates because they have no idea how to stop it" would fall under, but dark mana seemed like the best fit, I'm ready to change that if it's a discrepancy
  • Most Ree's demons are rather weak and usually their fighting prowess doesn't go that far above having big teeth and claws, though some of the more advanced demons, such as Zeal, have the power of knowledge to give Ree, which can give her life-saving information (such as how to dodge) in the event of a fight.
    Although there are some demons that have developed something other than teeth and nails, such as acidic saliva or becoming miniature pocket spaces or skin tough enough to stop blades

[/QUOTE]
Alright, that's all I wanted to say, thanks!

@LokiofSP[/URL] . Anyway, I had a couple of Concerns too, Mostly to do with this. Same as Loki, I know you've been accepted and all that. But I like asking questions to :P

So, the Mana is used to power her Demonic affinity and that's what draws demons to her and makes them think of her nicely, right? So if that's the case, how does that work now? Since everyone is really low on mana and relies on mana injections currently?

So with the demons, since they can come out of anywhere on her body, how would someone hurt her? Since you've said they can be blade proof or become pocket spaces, so couldn't they just stop any incoming attack on her? Also, is there any limit to how many demons can come out of her at once? Like could all six hundred and sixty six come out at the same time?

And are those the only powers they've developed, or are they more? I'm just curious.

Sorry to bug you even more than Loki did, But I just had a few questions that I wanted to ask :)

GingerBread said:
Hey, So I just kinda want to jump in here, since I'm the chief complainer around here Thanks for stealing my Job @LokiofSP . Anyway, I had a couple of Concerns too, Mostly to do with this. Same as Loki, I know you've been accepted and all that. But I like asking questions to :P
So, the Mana is used to power her Demonic affinity and that's what draws demons to her and makes them think of her nicely, right? So if that's the case, how does that work now? Since everyone is really low on mana and relies on mana injections currently?

So with the demons, since they can come out of anywhere on her body, how would someone hurt her? Since you've said they can be blade proof or become pocket spaces, so couldn't they just stop any incoming attack on her? Also, is there any limit to how many demons can come out of her at once? Like could all six hundred and sixty six come out at the same time?

And are those the only powers they've developed, or are they more? I'm just curious.

Sorry to bug you even more than Loki did, But I just had a few questions that I wanted to ask :)
It's really no problem, This is my first character in a long while, so I want to make sure I get everything ship-shape.

It's also good to further establish boundaries and limits

• In her bio, she came to control the legion at the age of 9 (5 years ago). Because they've been around her for so long (And because they earnestly believe that she may have the potential to get them out of lesser demon status) they stick with her by choice
  • As for the mana drainage, this is the reason why Ree isn't constantly hounded by other demons, something Ree is thankful for. As it is mentioned that demons are also capable of producing mana, they provide for themselves on that front
  • Only a small few demons are capable of stopping a blade, should they be occupied with another task (such as deflecting a previous attack) Ree can be left vulnerable
  • Theoretically she could, but because the demons are also technically a part of her body, releasing every demon at once would be the equivalent of turning herself inside-out.
    Also, since the demons do occupy space when not within her shadow or within her body, if she were to release all of them at once, it would be incredibly claustrophobic

[*]They're called "Lesser Demons" for a reason, As they are now, they're quite weak, so yes, that about covers their powers

After having the chance to sleep and think on the guidelines and limits of Ree's powers as listed above, I realized that some of the restrictions listed may have handicapped her from both a combative and narrative standpoint as well as being inconsistent with her powers as listed in her character sheet

If it were all the same to you, would it be ok for me to make a few changes?

[QUOTE="Caped Baldy]After having the chance to sleep and think on the guidelines and limits of Ree's powers as listed above, I realized that some of the restrictions listed may have handicapped her from both a combative and narrative standpoint as well as being inconsistent with her powers as listed in her character sheet
If it were all the same to you, would it be ok for me to make a few changes?

[/QUOTE]
Of course. They will have to be accepted and such, but you're free to make changes, since we're still early in the swing of things.

CelticSol said:
Of course. They will have to be accepted and such, but you're free to make changes, since we're still early in the swing of things.
Great, thank you

• I would like to address my biggest mistake: What would happen if Ree were to release all of her demons at once
    Ree CAN release her all of her demons at once without pulling herself inside-out, but as her demons are weak on their own, this leaves them vulnerable to attack, her demons can be injured by conventional weaponry which will leave them temporarily disabled and if they are struck down, they're gone for good; Something Ree would want to avoid
    This maneuver will probably be used as a last-ditch-effort attempt to put space between her and a threat, as the initial burst of demons will (hopefully) be enough force to propel her attacker away, or at least buy Ree enough time to retreat and (literally) regroup, however this maneuver could also potentially be used in a more creative fashion

[*]Ree is also capable of pooling all of her demons together when creating a singular mass, but this sacrifices flexibility for raw power

• This can also lead to Ree being left vulnerable if used poorly, a quite literal "all or nothing" attack

[*]I intended for Ree's demons to be as much a part of her character as she is and by limiting her ability to fully interact with her horde, I limited her severely as a character.

[*]This is more of a flavor text issue but I neglected to mention that a few of her demons do possess (a very small amount) of prowess with weapons

• I found this to fall along the lines of "claws and fangs", as knives and pitchforks will have around the same effect. This is mostly in case some take issue with it not being mentioned

[*]To Recap, in case it's unclear

• Using Demons individually: +Flexibility, -Power
  • Using Demons as a concentrated mass: +Power, -Flexibility

Also, in the rules it's stated that posts that make attempts on another character's life must be headed with a (!).

Does this also apply to attempts to knock out or otherwise incapacitate another character?

And sorry that I haven't joined on the main rp yet, I had a rather busy day today

[QUOTE="Caped Baldy]Great, thank you
  • I would like to address my biggest mistake: What would happen if Ree were to release all of her demons at once
    Ree CAN release her all of her demons at once without pulling herself inside-out, but as her demons are weak on their own, this leaves them vulnerable to attack, her demons can be injured by conventional weaponry which will leave them temporarily disabled and if they are struck down, they're gone for good; Something Ree would want to avoid
    This maneuver will probably be used as a last-ditch-effort attempt to put space between her and a threat, as the initial burst of demons will (hopefully) be enough force to propel her attacker away, or at least buy Ree enough time to retreat and (literally) regroup, however this maneuver could also potentially be used in a more creative fashion

[*]Ree is also capable of pooling all of her demons together when creating a singular mass, but this sacrifices flexibility for raw power

• This can also lead to Ree being left vulnerable if used poorly, a quite literal "all or nothing" attack

[*]I intended for Ree's demons to be as much a part of her character as she is and by limiting her ability to fully interact with her horde, I limited her severely as a character.

[*]This is more of a flavor text issue but I neglected to mention that a few of her demons do possess (a very small amount) of prowess with weapons

• I found this to fall along the lines of "claws and fangs", as knives and pitchforks will have around the same effect. This is mostly in case some take issue with it not being mentioned

[*]To Recap, in case it's unclear

• Using Demons individually: +Flexibility, -Power
  • Using Demons as a concentrated mass: +Power, -Flexibility

Also, in the rules it's stated that posts that make attempts on another character's life must be headed with a (!).

Does this also apply to attempts to knock out or otherwise incapacitate another character?

And sorry that I haven't joined on the main rp yet, I had a rather busy day today

[/QUOTE]
My problem is that you don't need to focus on being restricted combat wise. The characters aren't supposed to start off being decent they're supposed to start of as terrible. Her ability to throw a mob of demons at people, as weak as they may be and regroup them is already putting her above decent. You don't have to be so fixated on combat. I get that you're doing it to be interactive with the horde so I'd say she has the ability to summon the entire horde in a non-physical or corporeal state. Though for physical means she can only summon about 6 per injection. I know that sounds limiting as hell ( because it is ) but it would be starting off on an even playing field with not only the protagonists but the ( Weak ) antagonists too. As you progress in the story you will get stronger and gain more abilities. Trust me you will, but for the beginning I'd like us all to start off as mediocre....unless you're Ruby...because she has no powers. Don't take this in a bad way, I like your character. I really do like appearance it makes her very fun as well. She kind of gives me that nice Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends vibe! Then I remember they're all demons....then I go to my bed, curl up, and cry. It would be fun for her to meet Valente and compare her demons with her degenerates xD

At this point I really don't know which one is worse x.X. I guess they both have their problem with their horde people. One side is just.......a lost cause ( a serious lost cause. ) While the other is just....mischievous I would say until proven wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back