Newcomers...

Counter...

• You're here and alive?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay! We be fragments of your imagination

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have a long standing argument with my wife what the plot of Taken is. I say the plot is that Liam Neeson kicks ass for an hour and half. She says that isn't a plot.

magnificentmomo said:
I have a long standing argument with my wife what the plot of Taken is. I say the plot is that Liam Neeson kicks ass for an hour and half. She says that isn't a plot.
Most accurate description of the movie I've heard so far.

Plus "how hot is the blonde friend!?", but that's just me. =P

magnificentmomo said:
She's wrong. Oh, so very wrong.

magnificentmomo said:
I think that's what the back of the dvd case says.

"This movie is about Liam Neeson kicking European ass for an hour and a half"

I'm pretty sure I quoted the box.

God damn that movie is brutal. They could have just as easily titled it Liam Neeson: Massive Head Trauma. He literally cracks so many skulls.

Movie was awesome, I haven't been that pumped for an hour and a half of ass beating since Crank and Transporter

When introducing newbies to Exalted, I make sure they watch films like Crank, Kung Fu Hustle and Shoot 'Em Up first to give them an idea of what starting characters get up to.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the board and new to Exalted. I saw a post for the game in one of the sites that I frequent. I was intrigued by the description. Since I'm fond of some of the wire-fu flicks, I figured Exalted would be a good game to try.

I'm in one right now, all Solars, but we're so new that none of us know what we're doing, really. So, I'm here to learn more about it and maybe find a game where the GM appreciates good writing and good RP and is patient enough to teach someone new how to play properly.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. 8)

Welcome! This sight, and the associated discussion sight will be helpful. I know, personally, that frequenting the WW official Exalted boards has helped me a lot. They have gotten a lot more friendly than when I first rolled around, coincidentally it seems that the ECR got quieter as the WW board became more amiable.

Welcome, welcome! For those who may not know, the other mentioned forums are:

ECR - where you should really check out keychain of creation.

The Official White Wolf Forums - where you can jump in the deep end and have guest cameos from the authors and freelancers

And while I'm at it:

The Freedom Stone - A community left over from a previous Exalted webcomic. Has some good fan-fic writers.

RPG.net - A group of manic depressive sugar-high hardcore gamers. Some good Exalted discussion, but don't let their depressive swings ruin you on the game.

and maybe find a game where the GM appreciates good writing and good RP and is patient enough to teach someone new how to play properly.
I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a game here. Just keep an eye on the Heavenly Registry.

Tikor speaks the truth. I've only been here for a couple of months and I've skipped out on joining a good number of games, and yet I've still managed to bite off more than I can chew.

Hi guys, I'm new here and I don't want to get deleted during cleaning. I hope to join a game at some point in the near future so I can get my post numbers up.

Welcome to the newbies!!! =)

I'd like to throw Iron Monkey in the loot of Exalted movies, especially for those who wants to see how a stunt looks like!

Hello to magnificentmomo, Tikor, Phoenix_Kensai, Haku and xarvh. Also, *waves hello* to the other newbie, Nerull Necrophite.

Thank you for the welcome, everybody! Tikor, I appreciate you pointing me to those other sites. I was aware of White Wolf's site, but not ECR. I do hope you're right and that I'll get picked up to join a game. There's so much to learn and I'm quite eager to do so. I have the core book now and I'm slowly working my through it. This is very different from the limited exposure I have had so far to D&D type of games. It's quite intriguing though.

As posted before, feel free to post in the Heavenly Registry what kind of game you'd be interested in, or check whcih games are open, and send the ST a private message asking to join in.

Most STs on this site have no problems with newbies, and will actually be very willing to help you learn.

And welcome aboard!!

Thanks, Shadow Red Claws. I suppose that I feel like I'm so new that I hesitate to poke my head in that forum yet. But I might. Breathing life into a character is something I love doing. I just need someone to show me how to roll and all that. ;)

I suppose I could put in a disclaimer: "RPer, deficient in game mechanics but eager to learn, looking for a patient ST." :mrgreen:

I would say you should join my game, but you would be hard pressed to find someone recommending the Fair Folk as your first foray into Exalted.

magnificentmomo said:
you would be hard pressed to find someone recommending the Fair Folk as your first foray into Exalted.
And many who would counsel against it.

Users who are viewing this thread