• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Nero: The Hidden City - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Lively discussion~
Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff Height of the Mecha in NERO can be pretty random. The general rule I have in mind is like, 9-17 meters tall sounds fair. So Gundam Wing sized Mobile Suit and maybe Arm Slave height. But I'm open to machines going as large as a Jaeger from Pacific Rim which is 60-70 meters. One "boss" I'm thinking of is like that. Also, are those from Gundam Breaker?

Yes, I use Gundam Breaker 3 to make customs.
Also, a few more questions. Can mecha carry AI infantry? Can you have a power armor styled mech instead?

By AI...you mean like remote weapons? Something along the lines of dragoons and funnels in Gundam is alright. Something like the kill-mode automatons from 00 or the technique the GM Sniper K9 used in GBF...maybe not.

Power armor style mech kind of seems too small to me. In the game universe, I imagine power armors to be stashed in the interiors of places only Cyphers can visit. Kind of like the Goliaths in that Brood War Terran mission. (If you're familiar with Starcraft)

By AI...you mean like remote weapons? Something along the lines of dragoons and funnels in Gundam is alright. Something like the kill-mode automatons from 00 or the technique the GM Sniper K9 used in GBF...maybe not.

Power armor style mech kind of seems too small to me. In the game universe, I imagine power armors to be stashed in the interiors of places only Cyphers can visit. Kind of like the Goliaths in that Brood War Terran mission. (If you're familiar with Starcraft)
I see... Rip me, lmao.

Hmm... Well I have to come up with something different now. Also why do you say too small? Are you talking about weaponry or...

Just a preference. Mecha for me tends to be rather big, piloted robots. Been in far too many mecha RPs where a lot of people joined with power armors that it started to feel more general sci-fi than mecha to me.

Tactics that can be pulled off with smaller units against bigger units can be done eventually since we'll have Super Robot sized enemies later on.

Also, Idea Idea , I’d like to work out character relationships if it’s alright with you!
Sure! There is just one tiny problem though.

My character is going to be fairly young. She'll be the younger sister to Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff 's character, at least as far as the current plan goes. Still, it just means we have to get creative.

So, tell me about your character :)

Becker Becker I think I missed your message earlier (funky notifications) but what I'm telling Guardian here applies to you as well. I'll cheer ya from the sidelines, but this one probably ain't gonna be ya're girlfriend.

Becker Becker Oh, you called me earlier. Sorry, I missed it. I've reviewed your character and he's pretty good. The aesthetic of his unit and avatar does make him look like an ex-player getting back into the game.

I will probably use the Arcade mentioned in his profile as another possible melting pot for the story if you don't mind?

Idea Idea My character is also a bit on the younger side. The idea I had for her character is that she’s an energetic and sweet newcomer to the game! She’s not exactly used to the competitive nature of the game but she’s learning as best as she can. She’s can be a bit ditzy at times and may need to have her mission repeated to her for a bit until she gets it but once she does get it, she’ll stop at nothing to get it done. Also, it may be a bit annoying for everyone on her colony, but she wants to try and befriend as many people as she can in the game because in her mind, having fun with the game is the best part of one. So, what do you think? XD

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Would mechas with this type of structure be considered valid?
re%2Bcreators%2Bcharon.jpg

eeee888c50efd8b74ec3f1604dc7cdfc547ec0f8_hq.jpg

Idea Idea My character is also a bit on the younger side. The idea I had for her character is that she’s an energetic and sweet newcomer to the game! She’s not exactly used to the competitive nature of the game but she’s learning as best as she can. She’s can be a bit ditzy at times and may need to have her mission repeated to her for a bit until she gets it but once she does get it, she’ll stop at nothing to get it done. Also, it may be a bit annoying for everyone on her colony, but she wants to try and befriend as many people as she can in the game because in her mind, having fun with the game is the best part of one. So, what do you think? XD
By "younger" I mean like 12, maybe 10. Yours was like 17 last I checked? Hence my concern in that regard :P

My character is also a newcomer. I haven't decided yet if she's just not much of a gamer or if she is a gamer but for other types of games. We do have in common hence being pretty new to the whole scene, but there is no gurantee we will end up on the same team... so meeting in-game is probaly not a very good option either.

Has your character played any other games before this?

By "younger" I mean like 12, maybe 10. Yours was like 17 last I checked? Hence my concern in that regard :P

My character is also a newcomer. I haven't decided yet if she's just not much of a gamer or if she is a gamer but for other types of games. We do have in common hence being pretty new to the whole scene, but there is no gurantee we will end up on the same team... so meeting in-game is probaly not a very good option either.

Has your character played any other games before this?
Oh yeah, don’t worry! I’m not planning on going after your character in a romantic light. It’s more of friendship Juuna is looking for. XD As for other games, she’s played RPGs like Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts and casual games like Animal Crossing. This will be her first step into the world of MMOs is all~

Oh yeah, don’t worry! I’m not planning on going after your character in a romantic light. It’s more of friendship Juuna is looking for. XD As for other games, she’s played RPGs like Pokemon and Kingdom Hearts and casual games like Animal Crossing. This will be her first step into the world of MMOs is all~
Yeah, I know you weren't. But we still need to come up with where that friendship came to be and what glues it together. Maybe there is some place they both like to hang out on. Besides games, does your character like anything?

Yeah, I know you weren't. But we still need to come up with where that friendship came to be and what glues it together. Maybe there is some place they both like to hang out on. Besides games, does your character like anything?
My character is also a fan of Manga, Anime, shopping for cute stuffed animals and is also active on social media. She also has a secret interest in reading books and also likes candies of all kinds.

My character is also a fan of Manga, Anime, shopping for cute stuffed animals and is also active on social media. She also has a secret interest in reading books and also likes candies of all kinds.
Hmmm, well the stuffed animals and manga/anime parts are two more things our characters have in common and either of them works as a nice platform to get to know each other. I imagine they would perhaps meet at a store of some kind? Maybe a store they both go to regularly, with like a little cafe where they can chat. Maybe my character lost something and yours helped mine find that thing when they first met, and by the time they found it your character discovered it was actually a manga they loved , the two of them started chating about it and developed a frienship.

Thoughts on the idea?

edit: sorry about the delayed response, bad internet

Phew finally finished my character, I'll just go ahead and read the rest of the cses and see if there are any available relationships to be made.

Bang Bang Bang Bang I see both of our characters are obsessed with stats and spend a lot of time in the game, we are also the ones with the most advanced age so would a relationship might make sense, what do you think?

Hmmm, well the stuffed animals and manga/anime parts are two more things our characters have in common and either of them works as a nice platform to get to know each other. I imagine they would perhaps meet at a store of some kind? Maybe a store they both go to regularly, with like a little cafe where they can chat. Maybe my character lost something and yours helped mine find that thing when they first met, and by the time they found it your character discovered it was actually a manga they loved , the two of them started chating about it and developed a frienship.

Thoughts on the idea?

edit: sorry about the delayed response, bad internet
Perfect!! I really like this idea and I think it’ll work out well for botj of them!

Well, now that I've gotten a character up- if y'all want to have pre-relationships with my character the nerd, by all means feel free to discuss with me over here. XD

Alrighty. Now we just need to discuss exactly what manga it was and perhaps stuff like how often they meet
Hmm... Well, depending on different school times and the likd, maybe they meet up at the cafe at least once per week? Also, what kinds of manga would your character like? Mine reads pretty much any kind of manga.

Hmm... Well, depending on different school times and the likd, maybe they meet up at the cafe at least once per week? Also, what kinds of manga would your character like? Mine reads pretty much any kind of manga.
Hmm... I imagine her being very into fantasy-action manga and shoujo manga. Maybe some comedy.

Hmm... I imagine her being very into fantasy-action manga and shoujo manga. Maybe some comedy.
Maybe a romantic comedy manga? Then again, I also like the idea of them bonding over a shoujo manga. Maybe something like Fruits Basket or Inuyasha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back