Nen/Hatsu Workshop

@Sullivanity @AtlannianSpy

okay see. ^W^

(and yes Atl. i like that idea ^w^(i could add more weapons then for more variety.)

yeah, it's interesting in that if you remove control over which weapon Dante is using then adding more isn't necessarily more powerful, it make his ability more unpredictable rather than more flexible so you can play around with more ideas without running out of power.

On a more self interested note, I've been thinking it would be cool if Eliot could pick up a few throwing knives at some point down the track, she'd value a reliable ranged attack and as an emitter she should be okay at strengthening projectiles. She also already has a knife thing going on so it's an expansion of that. 

yeah, it's interesting in that if you remove control over which weapon Dante is using then adding more isn't necessarily more powerful, it make his ability more unpredictable rather than more flexible so you can play around with more ideas without running out of power.

On a more self interested note, I've been thinking it would be cool if Eliot could pick up a few throwing knives at some point down the track, she'd value a reliable ranged attack and as an emitter she should be okay at strengthening projectiles. She also already has a knife thing going on so it's an expansion of that. 

If your having difficulty determining the range and size of the projections, just say that they have a maximum range of somthing like 20 meters, but their size is dependent on how big they appeared when Eliot saw them. So she can use things she sees from a distance, but they end up being super small.

If your having difficulty determining the range and size of the projections, just say that they have a maximum range of somthing like 20 meters, but their size is dependent on how big they appeared when Eliot saw them. So she can use things she sees from a distance, but they end up being super small.

I kind of feel like that gets in the way of the the theming a little bit I dunno. The more she changes stuff the less of a perfect replication it is so if stuff is smaller or bigger depending on other factors to me it undermines it a little. I also wanted to do something with size later down the track where she can upscale stuff she records to make a more powerful version or downscales it to make a weaker version that saves nen, but she wouldn't be able to do that until much later down the track, like endgame type stuff. 

The other question with range is what happens if she records someone doing a ranged attack? Ideally I'd like her reproduction to have the same properties as the original in terms of range and trajectory. That would require a lot of control though unless the copy of the person doing their technique can act as a signal booster for the emitted projectile. Overall though emisssion abilities would be more inefficient to copy than others. 

Does all that seem reasonable? I'd rather discuss further limitations than do stuff that compromises the projections themselves. I'm happy to extend the time she has to spend blind and her ability is going to be extremely costly in terms of nen usage. Eliot's definitely going to be weak in drawn out fights. 

@Kimona

I think you might be stretching Dante a little thin. You're talking about mastering the conjuration of three separate weapons with different properties, that in itself would be difficult to the point that most canon conjurers chose only one thing to summon. On top of that you're also aiming for two fairly complex sounding transmutation abilities. 

At the least I think you should consider some way of combining the effect you want into one ability. Maybe you could summon a weapon that emits the fog you want whenever it lands a hit, the more fog there is on the field the more likely your opponent is to fall under its effects. That would give you the fog, through a conjuration ability and make it worth actually conjuring the weapon. As Sullivanity pointed out conjuring a weapon is often a waste of nen and mental energy unless it has some unusual properties.

You could also consider some way of strengthening the multiple weapon forms with a limitation. Kite from the manga conjures multiple weapons but the fact that he can't control which one he gets makes them more powerful to the point where they can go toe to toe with or even surpass already existing weapons. You could do something like having the weapon change form everytime Dante lands a hit, this would add to their strength and also give it a bit of the whimsical flavour you seem to be aiming for. 

So in summary my suggestion would be a conjured weapon that, when it successfully lands a blow, emits a hypnotic, illusory fog and changes into a different weapon either randomly or in a sequence. This would be a lot easier to learn and use in IC terms and doesn't even really lose a lot of functionality, the major drawback being the loss of control over which weapon Dante is using but the upside is that it would overall be a lot more powerful. It's your character though, I'm just brainstorming.

Ultra sword Kirby ouo

@Kimona, I had an interesting idea for a potential Nen ability. I thought of it when you described Dante dodging that guy's strikes in your first post. The concept of him goading on the enemy and dodging their attacks in order to leave them open seems like somthing he would do. So I thought of two techniques that are seemingly unrelated, but work well in tandem, like Hisoka's Hatsus.

The first is an ability that allows him to bend his body in unnatural ways in order to avoid attacks.  Similiar to Godspeed, it's mostly based around instincts, and as vows it can only be used to dodge, and both feet must remain planted on the ground. I call it Gummy Bones: Fluttering in a Hurricane

The second is an ability that allows him to make clones of himself in places were he was previously standing. The clones are not exact replicas like Kastro's, and they cannot move their feet from their original position. To activate it, Dante must say some sort of taunting insult, which the clone will then echo. They are capable of using Gummy Bones to dodge, but are also unable to attack. They can, however, immobilize the enemy by twisting around their limbs, leaving them open to the real Dante, and the more effective the insult was at getting an emotional reaction out of a person, the stronger and more limber the clones become. I call it Sweet Reflection: Jeering Double

Users who are viewing this thread

Back