Nen/Hatsu Workshop

OH COME MY WAY!

vH1ZFW5.png

Deer me, dem legs xDD

Killer Swan sounds like such a badass name. *^*

I have a feeling with how unique it is using dancing moves, it could make Sooth's fighting style even more unpredictable. 

@Quark Haiiii, its completely outta place now since im far from finished but, just thought about how well the nen abilities of our chars could mesh X3 Tho its just a thought o-o
If you're interested i could tell you my plans so far ^u^

@Quark Haiiii, its completely outta place now since im far from finished but, just thought about how well the nen abilities of our chars could mesh X3 Tho its just a thought o-o
If you're interested i could tell you my plans so far ^u^

Like a combo attack? 

Can you give me more details? And I'll read that hatsu post you put up soon.

@JR260

Didn't realise there was a post for the idea already up. 

I do like the sound of combo attacks, and I notice how he has seven colours (whilst Loki uses 7 chess pieces). I think it could mesh well with many characters, provided their personalities don't clash.

For Tone, maybe Orange could be some earth/wood based effect, and indigo can be poison immunity(in the form of gas or just liquid). 

If he's more of a supportive nen user, I'm going to assume that he's very proffecient with physical attacks? 

@JR260

Didn't realise there was a post for the idea already up. 

I do like the sound of combo attacks, and I notice how he has seven colours (whilst Loki uses 7 chess pieces). I think it could mesh well with many characters, provided their personalities don't clash.

For Tone, maybe Orange could be some earth/wood based effect, and indigo can be poison immunity(in the form of gas or just liquid). 

If he's more of a supportive nen user, I'm going to assume that he's very proffecient with physical attacks? 

Yup yup yup! ^u^ Although he doesn't have a fighting style or anything XP Rather he just Goes with the flow making up moves as he goes ouo

Hmmmm. I like it C: In fact.... i was questing the elemental effects for the colors... wondering if... you had any suggestions?

Yeah *u*

I was thinking that his ability could be of an Enhancers but centered around the colors of the Rainbow.
And with each color, they were 3 evolution types/Modes/Levels.  (I suck at explaining don't i .3.)Tint,  Tone and Shade. 
The first level of the rainbow ability would be Tint otherwise known as the light increases.
Red>>> Increases or gives the target Power.
Orange>>> Increases or gives the target Stamina/Endurance.
Yellow>>> Increases or gives the target Speed.
Green>>> Increases or gives the target Insight.
Blue>>> Increases or gives the target Restoration.
Indigo>>> Increases or gives the target Defense.
Violet>>> Increases or gives the target Counter-Stances.

The second level is Tone otherwise known as the medium increases. ( i'm debating If these can be used on others)
Red>>> Burning damage on contact, plus immunity to heat.
Orange>>> By absorbing energy from plants and the earth, the user can create Steel, Rock or Wooden objects of equal mass. Or just release the raw energy as a blast.
Yellow>>> Ability to charge and release electric waves, High chance to Stun or Paralyze
Green>>> Enlightens the users senses and clears their mind of all impurities.
Blue>>> All wounds are automatically covered by ice and healed over time, Immunity to cold.
Indigo>>>Covers the user with 5 thin layers of force capable of taking 1 of any hit each, Also gives slight air levitation and floating effects.
Violet>>> User can create illusions of themselves, Immunity to poison.

The third and final level is Shade otherwise known as Heavy increases. (Not even mentioning these... but i'll hint that it’s based on the Seven Sins)

I definitely like the idea of a support character, that's somthing I haven't seen so far. However, you might wanna consider having somthing for yourself as well. If you wanna do the rainbow theme, look at Pokkle's ability. He could create arrows with different effects depending on their color.

Yup yup yup! ^u^ Although he doesn't have a fighting style or anything XP Rather he just Goes with the flow making up moves as he goes ouo

Hmmmm. I like it C: In fact.... i was questing the elemental effects for the colors... wondering if... you had any suggestions?

Yeah *u*

Hm.. I think the colours and elements seem like based on intuition? =)

For each colour, how relevant do the elements have to be? 

By the way, I don't know why, but seeing how he has rainbow hair, and his powers have rainbow colour references, I'm vaguely reminded of Son Goku. The original one, where he would pluck out his hair to make duplicates of himself xD

I was thinking that his ability could be of an Enhancers but centered around the colors of the Rainbow.
And with each color, they were 3 evolution types/Modes/Levels.  (I suck at explaining don't i .3.)Tint,  Tone and Shade. 
The first level of the rainbow ability would be Tint otherwise known as the light increases.
Red>>> Increases or gives the target Power.
Orange>>> Increases or gives the target Stamina/Endurance.
Yellow>>> Increases or gives the target Speed.
Green>>> Increases or gives the target Insight.
Blue>>> Increases or gives the target Restoration.
Indigo>>> Increases or gives the target Defense.
Violet>>> Increases or gives the target Counter-Stances.

The second level is Tone otherwise known as the medium increases. ( i'm debating If these can be used on others)
Red>>> Burning damage on contact, plus immunity to heat.
Orange>>> By absorbing energy from plants and the earth, the user can create Steel, Rock or Wooden objects of equal mass. Or just release the raw energy as a blast.
Yellow>>> Ability to charge and release electric waves, High chance to Stun or Paralyze
Green>>> Enlightens the users senses and clears their mind of all impurities.
Blue>>> All wounds are automatically covered by ice and healed over time, Immunity to cold.
Indigo>>>Covers the user with 5 thin layers of force capable of taking 1 of any hit each, Also gives slight air levitation and floating effects.
Violet>>> User can create illusions of themselves, Immunity to poison.

The third and final level is Shade otherwise known as Heavy increases. (Not even mentioning these... but i'll hint that it’s based on the Seven Sins)

This is pretty neat, at the risk of assigning myself the role of designated nen quibbler, giving these boosts to other people would probably include elements of emission since it requires having nen extend outside of Asthen's body and still be effective. IF Asthen is an enhancer than that's going to be a tiny bit harder for him to master, you might consider having him pick up that skill later down the line or have the boosts to others be either more expensive in terms of the nen required or less effective. I dunno, something to keep in mind.

@JR260, I saw the most recent version of your nen ability on your CS, and I wanted to make some comments. I definitely like the ability, especially the tints. However, with the tones, I hope you realize that he won't be able to use all the diffrent elemental abilities as well as somone who only uses one would. Making an ability designed to be good at everything means you won't be great at anything. Also, keep in mind that some of his nen will have to be used to make sure that the substances he creates doesn't hurt him too. 

@JR260, I saw the most recent version of your nen ability on your CS, and I wanted to make some comments. I definitely like the ability, especially the tints. However, with the tones, I hope you realize that he won't be able to use all the diffrent elemental abilities as well as somone who only uses one would. Making an ability designed to be good at everything means you won't be great at anything. Also, keep in mind that some of his nen will have to be used to make sure that the substances he creates doesn't hurt him too. 

No worries bro, i'm changing it ^u^ i had alot of hours to think about it and i think i'll hold off on nen since i clearly don't know what my mind is telling me. Imma walk along the bridge when ah get to it.

No worries bro, i'm changing it ^u^ i had alot of hours to think about it and i think i'll hold off on nen since i clearly don't know what my mind is telling me. Imma walk along the bridge when ah get to it.

gotcha. If you have any questions regarding the nature of Nen, feel free to ask.

genius had stuck!

for dante- still transmuter/conjurer

transmute his nen to look like a foggy, dream-like terrain, makes harder for enemy to see.

can conjure a dream hammer, a dream sword, or a dream spear/pitchfork

but when he doesn't have the fog 'mode' on, he can only use his trickster knifes, and trickster goop. (transmutes his nen into a slimy pink goop that glues it's self to the target, and can slow them down.) 

Legendary_Carving_Knife.png
http://asset.103.ggftw.net/wiki/to-w/images/4/41/Legendary_Carving_Knife.png

Last edited by a moderator:
genius had stuck!

for dante- still transmuter/conjurer

transmute his nen to look like a foggy, dream-like terrain, makes harder for enemy to see.

can conjure a dream hammer, a dream sword, or a dream spear/pitchfork

but when he doesn't have the fog 'mode' on, he can only use his trickster knifes, and trickster goop. (transmutes his nen into a slimy pink goop that glues it's self to the target, and can slow them down.) 

Legendary_Carving_Knife.png
http://asset.103.ggftw.net/wiki/to-w/images/4/41/Legendary_Carving_Knife.png

A few concerns-

Conjuration and Transmutation are on opposite ends of the spectrum, so your ability will likley cause an extreme mental toll, like what happened with Kastro.

Summoning the fog doesn't seem like much of a limitation. If it allows him to use more abilities, and makes it harder for his opponents to see, why wouldn't he just always use it?

Why would he waste his ability on just summoning normal weapons? And especially in the case of the knives, it seems more convenient to just carry regular knives them around, rather than wasting aura on them.

Lastly, the "trickster goop" sounds like a less powerful version of Hisoka's Bungee Gum, and it feels kinda out of place.

Ultimately, I think you need to think more outside the box if you want to roll with conjuration. Just summoning regular weapons doesn't seem like somthing your character would do. 

A lot of the emission techs that we see in canon involve balls of energy.

Could ten be used to emit something other than a ball? Perhaps like a wall or barrier?

conjuration and transmutation are right next to each other. @Sullivanity

latest

you see the fog take a lot of nen since its slightly hypnotic as well, since its a dream-scape, it creates illusions, and tricks the eyes as well.

the goop is somewhat of a replacement to help him out when he doesn't have much energy.

he summons they knifes because he's to lazy to carry them, and if he did, someone might be more cautious around him, which is no fun, and he has to be able to protect himself on low power.

the 'dream weapons' add to the enemy's confusions, an annoyances since they make funny noises when they hit/stab something. also they are much more powerful then an ordinary weapon, since the hammer, for one thing, when a target is hit, at the will of the user will also splatter trickster goop on the attacker/s. the spear givs him agility. and the sword speed. the hammer, power (like  power in a hit, pain caused?)

the double dagger just enhance his vision a little sine they are a low power weapon.

I don't know why, but in my head the positions of conjuration and transmutation wher reversed. I owe you an apology.

A lot of the emission techs that we see in canon involve balls of energy.

Could ten be used to emit something other than a ball? Perhaps like a wall or barrier?

Emission is one of those categories that is hard to pin down, because once it's detached from the body, the nen can take on multiple forms. Technically, Netero's Buddhavista is an emission technique, because the giant statue isn't actually real, it's just nen that looks like that. So creating barriers made of pure nen isn't outside the realm of possibility.

conjuration and transmutation are right next to each other. @Sullivanity

latest

you see the fog take a lot of nen since its slightly hypnotic as well, since its a dream-scape, it creates illusions, and tricks the eyes as well.

the goop is somewhat of a replacement to help him out when he doesn't have much energy.

he summons they knifes because he's to lazy to carry them, and if he did, someone might be more cautious around him, which is no fun, and he has to be able to protect himself on low power.

the 'dream weapons' add to the enemy's confusions, an annoyances since they make funny noises when they hit/stab something. also they are much more powerful then an ordinary weapon, since the hammer, for one thing, when a target is hit, at the will of the user will also splatter trickster goop on the attacker/s. the spear givs him agility. and the sword speed. the hammer, power (like  power in a hit, pain caused?)

the double dagger just enhance his vision a little sine they are a low power weapon.

I guess I understand your idea a bit better now. If you really want to go the route of having multiple techniques to cover all your bases however, keep in mind you won't be very strong in any of them. An enhancer with the same level of training, who just uses sword they powered up will likely be able to be both faster and stronger than you when you are using your sword. 

@Kimona

I think you might be stretching Dante a little thin. You're talking about mastering the conjuration of three separate weapons with different properties, that in itself would be difficult to the point that most canon conjurers chose only one thing to summon. On top of that you're also aiming for two fairly complex sounding transmutation abilities. 

At the least I think you should consider some way of combining the effect you want into one ability. Maybe you could summon a weapon that emits the fog you want whenever it lands a hit, the more fog there is on the field the more likely your opponent is to fall under its effects. That would give you the fog, through a conjuration ability and make it worth actually conjuring the weapon. As Sullivanity pointed out conjuring a weapon is often a waste of nen and mental energy unless it has some unusual properties.

You could also consider some way of strengthening the multiple weapon forms with a limitation. Kite from the manga conjures multiple weapons but the fact that he can't control which one he gets makes them more powerful to the point where they can go toe to toe with or even surpass already existing weapons. You could do something like having the weapon change form everytime Dante lands a hit, this would add to their strength and also give it a bit of the whimsical flavour you seem to be aiming for. 

So in summary my suggestion would be a conjured weapon that, when it successfully lands a blow, emits a hypnotic, illusory fog and changes into a different weapon either randomly or in a sequence. This would be a lot easier to learn and use in IC terms and doesn't even really lose a lot of functionality, the major drawback being the loss of control over which weapon Dante is using but the upside is that it would overall be a lot more powerful. It's your character though, I'm just brainstorming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back