• I believe so... [possible]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where's teh p0rn!?!?! [no]

• Being mature is so last passe. [poser]

• Total voters
Jukashi said:
Yes, but that was a Solar. An ordinary mortal I think would be toast, the same way as if they had tried to have intimate relations with Autocthon.
I mean, you wouldn't want to try it with the Elemental Dragon of Air, would you?
Mela and Daana'd? I'd hit them like mad.   :D

No no. Those are their puny, human, Terrestrial Exalt forms, which possess but a tiny fraction of their ultimate majesty. I mean the Elemental Dragon of Air...

Though, to be honest, I doubt you could satisfy Mela and Daana'd. Nothing personal, you know, just... anyone except the world's greatest lover, I think. Are you the world's greatest lover, Haku?

Meh, as of Wyld book, the immaculate names -are- the names of the Elemental Dragons

.. .. personally.. it just confuses me.. as it's well documented that there were 5 elemental dragons, and they gave birth to a ton of lesser ones.. .. which makes me wonder if pasiap -does- exist.. or not.. cause.. Kukla is an elemental dragon of earth too.. .. which would potentially make 6.. *scratches head*

FluffySquirrel said:
.. .. personally.. it just confuses me.. as it's well documented that there were 5 elemental dragons, and they gave birth to a ton of lesser ones.. .. which makes me wonder if pasiap -does- exist.. or not.. cause.. Kukla is an elemental dragon of earth too.. .. which would potentially make 6.. *scratches head*
You know, it's counter-intuitive, but the elementals, including the lesser and greater elemental dragons like Fukharu and the Kukla, aren't actually related to the Five Elemental Dragons. Those Five are the sub-souls of Gaia. the lesser elementals are just independant, sentient collections of elemental essence.

Err... actually, they are.. I told you, it's actually written in canon that the 5 elemental dragons had a ton of kids, who were the lesser elemental dragons.

Pg 53, GoD. "As time wore on, the offspring of the Five Elemental Dragons took up positions of power in the Celestial Hierarchy as well. Such lesser elemental dragons had more sympathy for the elementals than their parents and ..." *snip*

So, it's not counter intuitive actually.. cause they're not randomly made out of the breakup of the original elementals, they came afterwards as the Five EDs kids.

The problem is kukla is that at one point he's recorded as the greater elemental dragon of earth (which means.. nothing, as we dunno) .. whereas in the alchemicals book, in his scenario, he is actually referred to as the elemental dragon of earth.

FluffySquirrel said:
whereas in the alchemicals book, in his scenario, he is actually referred to as the elemental dragon of earth.
Obviously an error.

Objection!

Sorry, Fluffy: that's 1st Edition, and it gets overruled by 2nd. Edition.

Pg 300, Exalted Second Edition, second paragraph of "Elementals".

"After some time working with the tools left behind by the Primordials, and being tutored by Gaia, the youngest of the Primordials, the gods succeeded in birthing the five original elementals. These five were the living embodiments of the principals of the elements, and their primary purpose was to maintain the natural order of Creation. These elementals were of a stature that rivaled the Elemental Dragons in power, who tread the length and breadth of the world in a day and manage all the aspects of the functioning Creation."

Then in the next paragraph:

"When the gods rebelled, the Primordials struck first against these beings, shattering their bodies and casting their Essence across Creation. In time, this Essence collected itself and birthed the first of a new breed of elementals, far smaller and weaker than the original five but capable of wielding the same powers on a lesser scale and managing the natural order."

So, the original five elementals were seperate from the Five Elemental Dragons, and it was from them that, eventually, the elementals which currently exist were born.

I believe FS is not disagreeing with you, Juskashi, but arguing that the greater/lesser elemental dragons (Fakharu, et al) are not of the original elementals, but rather direct "sub-souls" of the 5ED.

But I'm disagreeing with that myself.

The book describes the lesser and greater elemental dragons as merely elementals who have greater scope and power. Thus, they are, like lesser elementals, seperate from the 5EDs. If they were sub-souls, they wouldn't get disrespected by the gods like they are.

WW books are like the Bible, in that you can find passages in them to support practically any two completely opposite conclusions.

Flagg is completely correct in what I was trying to say.. that 2e bit you posted in no way disagrees with 1e canon, in fact, that -is- what 1e elemental canon says.. I even said as much that the lesser elemental dragons came AFTER the rest of the elementals.. because they're -not- split from the 5 original elementals.. they're the children of the elemental dragons.

I can't believe you really care that much about it to argue it so vehemently.  It's a game, who cares if it all makes sense?

Read all your books, and look for one and only one particular topic, any at random.  Out of 20 Exalted rule books you will find that no doubt probably half of them will contradict everything written in the others and the remaining half will take the subject of your search off in a direction that makes no sense what so ever.

It's a game; you guys read way to into it some times.  It's meant to have fun with, not preach (or quote) like a religion.  Does your ego need that much stroking to enter into a "I dare you to prove me wrong" debate?

I am of Jukashi's opinion. Lesser elemental dragons are completely seperate from the elemental dragons. The various books state that when elementals grow in power they have to take dragonshapes because other forms cannot cope with so much elemental essence.

Indeed, that is the way. Older, more free-minded Elementals grow in power until the Dragon's shape is all that will properly contain their power.

There's only one way to solve this...

Image29-MortalKombatPosteronmywall.jpg

MOOOOOOOORTAAAAAAL KOOOOOOOOOMBAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back