Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami OOC

What Is Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami's Most Glorious Ship!? (Multiple Votes Are Allowed!)

• Dove Nokuma x Shinsei Fugita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiyomi Uchiha x Ryuu Kato

• Akago Hideki x Shirokko of the Sand

• Orisas x Mekuto Meimiri

• Tsukiko Hanashi x Toshiro Toshino Toshimi Shi IV

• Chiaki Yoshinawa x Hanbungetsu Hozuki

• Ja Jankin x Machi Uchiha

• Roku Senju x Nana Uzumaki

• Dru Rinha x Romi Watanabe

• Jinan x Wunan

• Shinobu x Nanko

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
"As of this moment, I am no longer with the Kakureyami. Give those two things to Dove. Tell her to use it to get inside the Hokage Mansion in Konohagakure. If she shows those things to any Kakureyami member in her way, they'll assume she's there on my behalf and let her go right through. Now. What will happen once she sees Wunan," he trailed off, looking at the dirt.

"Is up to those two." ~ JA (MOTHER-BLEEPIN) JANKIN!

What is this?!

What is this?!

Not unwelcome no no no, but the direction in which I expected to go?

This is... beyond anything craziness I could have imagined... This means Dove can do what I've been needing her to do, and with those instructions, the lack of need of combat... Rei can try to save her friends and family too.

MASQUE!

C'mere you!

latest

@Veirrianna Valentine

Lol. Don't thank me, thank Tekigami and Tenzumaki. That whole exchange made this happen

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]@Veirrianna Valentine
Lol. Don't thank me, thank Tekigami and Tenzumaki. That whole exchange made this happen

[/QUOTE]
Ya, well, you usually throw sticks in my plans anyway, so this was a nice surprise. Don't ruin it lol

Now to see if we can get that bit done in Tani already -.-

@White Masquerade

Yeah, and the new lore team has been sinking the popular ships like crazy. Pantheon turned into an evil possessed spartan who screwed over Seiba Leona instead of starting off as childhood friends. Speaking of which, the Japanese LoL dub has some Fate voice actors.

[media]

[/media]

@GasMaskie[/URL]

xD Seiba. Nice. My favorite is Bah-zah-kuhhhhhh

And that is awesome. I wish English dubbin and voice actors were a big thing in the states. I prefer anime dubbed, but I dunno what it is. Besides the people who do FairyTail, English voice actors are TERRIBLE. Zero emotion.

Last edited by a moderator:
@White Masquerade

[media]

[/media]

Usually, I'll go for the English dubs (G Gundam has one of the best, Gurren Lagann did pretty well too, dat Baccano etc.) but with something like the Fate series I'll stick with the original Japanese because of how consistent they are with re-using voice actors and how iconic their voices have become (also, Joji Nakata and Junichi Sawabe).

White Masquerade]( :P ) No promises friend [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14769-gasmaskie/ said:
@GasMaskie[/URL]

And that is awesome. I wish English dubbin and voice actors were a big thing in the states. I prefer anime dubbed, but I dunno what it is. Besides the people who do FairyTail, English voice actors are TERRIBLE. Zero emotion.
You've obviously never watched a good dubbed anime then, I've seen quite a few that I prefer in English to Japanese *rummages about the myriad anime he's watched to pull up a few examples*

White Masquerade]( :P ) No promises friend [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14769-gasmaskie/ said:
@GasMaskie[/URL]

Black Lagoon is often noted to have one of the best dubs, and even the creator recommended the English dub over the original Japanese.

Stickdom said:
You've obviously never watched a good dubbed anime then, I've seen quite a few that I prefer in English to Japanese *rummages about the myriad anime he's watched to pull up a few examples*
You're probably right. I've seen a good amount of known anime, but haven't seen much of the obscure ones yet. Bleach, Naruto, SAO, etc. So I'm not too exposed to many good dubbed series =/

@Veirrianna Valentine

Ah, Black lagoon I've heard of. It's dark and gritty right? Not tooo much a fan of dark and gritty.

[QUOTE="White Masquerade]You're probably right. I've seen a good amount of known anime, but haven't seen much of the obscure ones yet. Bleach, Naruto, SAO, etc. So I'm not too exposed to many good dubbed series =/
@Veirrianna Valentine

Ah, Black lagoon I've heard of. It's dark and gritty right? Not tooo much a fan of dark and gritty.

[/QUOTE]
I liked it, but a lot of what kept it from getting a huge following was because it's one thing to have sci fi or fantasy dark and gritty, because people can logically separate that, you know? Black Lagoon takes place in the eighties/nineties time period though, so when it got dark and gritty and didn't pull punches on certain topics it was known for making people feel... uncomfortable.

Overall, though, I appreciated it's more realistic take on the criminal underworlds and over all enjoyed the crap out of it.

@Veirrianna Valentine

Ah, as soon as you said criminal underworld, I understand. =/. Yeah that would be very hard to watch. Hm. I don't know what to say. I coulddo it for maybe 2 few episodes but a whole depressing season, I'd be sad for a while

@Arkytior

Ooh la la, you called me by my first name, Infinities <3 I am ready to go with Machiyomi!

@Veirrianna Valentine

=P. WOW. Well. I feel like I have a good grasp of the anime!

@GasMaskie

That show. I still don't know what I watched. Some boy playing baseball is all I remember.

White Masquerade]@Veirrianna Valentine =P. WOW. Well. I feel like I have a good grasp of the anime! [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/14769-gasmaskie/ said:
@GasMaskie[/URL]

That show. I still don't know what I watched. Some boy playing baseball is all I remember.
The fucking short version is just funny to listen to is all, and covers two seasons of the three. Still, if you're ever up for it, it really is a great anime =P

Fooly Cooly. A cult classic that aired back on Adult Swim in the early 2000s and an OVA by I.G. It was trippy to say the least and basically out-Gainaxed any Gainax production. EDIT: Wait, Gainax was part of the alliance of studios that made it. Which would explain a lot.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
@GasMaskie[/URL]

Animes I prefer dubbed over subbed:

-Soul Eater (mainly for Death the Kid's voice <3)

-Gurren Lagann(Kamiya's lines sounded better dub imo)

-DBZ(can't stand Goku subbed)

-Any anime with a lot of 'English' spoken lines. I try, but I have a hard time understanding the English through heavy Jap accents. Can't remember which anime, but I once watched one where I sat through 5 mins of 'English' dialogue, barely understanding what was being said :/

That said, I agree that in all the animes I've watched English voice actors don't sound as dramatic as Japanese ones. Might be a language thing. Or it might be awkward translations...

QuirkyAngel said:
Animes I prefer dubbed over subbed:
-Soul Eater (mainly for Death the Kid's voice <3)

-Gurren Lagann(Kamiya's lines sounded better dub imo)

-DBZ(can't stand Goku subbed)

-Any anime with a lot of 'English' spoken lines. I try, but I have a hard time understanding the English through heavy Jap accents. Can't remember which anime, but I once watched one where I sat through 5 mins of 'English' dialogue, barely understanding what was being said :/

That said, I agree that in all the animes I've watched English voice actors don't sound as dramatic as Japanese ones. Might be a language thing. Or it might be awkward translations...
I think Cowboy Bebop's dub was more fitting than the original Japanese version. Hearing it in English made the atmosphere complete, in a way. The Fullmetal Alchemist dub was decent as well.

As for why English VAs don't sound as dramatic, it could be due to the material being anime. Lots of animated films have great voice casts, since they fit into the rest of the giant budget and there's a certain quality that needs to be met before going into theatres. Dubbing a foreign work is a bit different, since there's a bit of a disconnect and it may not always be seen as something that needs top-tier acting.

So a bear walks into a bar, orders a drink. Barkeep says "Nah, mate, don't serve bears here."

The bear, irritated, says "Give me a drink or I'm going to eat this woman at the end of the bar."

The keep shrugs and the bear proceeds to viciously maul and consume this poor woman at the end of the bar. About ten minutes or so later the polis arrive and arrest the bear, detaining him on drugs charges. The bear adamantly decries and denounces that he had consumed any drugs when the barkeep speaks up.

"Oh, didn't you know? The woman? That was a bar bitch you ate."

XDXDXDXD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back