Naruto - Back to Basics - OOC

Ixacise

Pull my devil trigger
Since there's gonna homebrewed stuff in play that's probably not perfect and in need correction. Should I make a specific thread or subsection for that stuff or just address all it one thread? vote here

Also welcome to this this game.

THE RIDE BEGINS!

Yeah don't forget to vote.

Anyway the first order of the day would be to help out with the char gen and explain the funky way the dice rolls are done.

And finally making custom loresheets for not just your individual characters, but also the communal one for the village and stuff you guys are in.

Which means player participation yay!

Yeah so for starters one of the things would be placement of the village within one of the five countries which would produce its own loresheet. And within your village loresheet I'd probably put some options and stuff as part of the goodies they give.

Anyway I got some links to drop:

This is the rules book. Although I'll help with char gen and the rolling I still expect you to read through the rules on stuff

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/56173340/file.html

And here's the link to the homemade stuff along with some notes scribbled

Yeah the elemental stuff is a bit bare bones but that's just for my sanity as trying to crunch all 5 billion moves within that tree just ain't happening and would lead to bloat otherwise. However I do plan to add possibly more techs and remove the weird capstone of element bending that I have shamelessly copy pasted like half of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Land of Wind (風の国, Kaze no Kuni). It is located to the south-west of the Land of Fire and borders the Land of Rivers and Amegakure. Its government leader is the Wind Daimyō. The country covers a vast realm, but that realm is largely composed of deserts. Because there is very little rainfall throughout the year, the people of the country live in villages built on one of the desert's many oases. Despite the country's extremely harsh environment, it has a large population. Although they have warred with each other in the past, the Land of Wind is on good terms with the Land of Fire, with a great deal of trade going on between the two countries.

The "Sand Dumpling is a regional speciality of the Land of Wind. A unique characteristic of the Sand Dumpling is the soy flour, which is prepared especially to resemble sand. They apparently taste very good.

The Land of Wind seems like a really cool backset for the RP. Not cause' it's all pretty with flowing Rivers, and big trees, but because it's so desolate and harsh. It'd be cool to have warm friendships, and heated battles glow in such a cold place.

Land of Fire: It's familiar/Good Weather

Land of Earth: Not much is known about it so, good place to make things up

Land of Water: Would give the Rp a dour tone with the constant mist and damp atmosphere

Land of Lightning: Has Rivers and Oceans, along with buildings suspended in the air, so it'd have some cool exploring dynamics

Those are some advantages for each Land. I would prefer Wind though.

Are we making a new History for these lands or...take them from Naruto?

+

If we go with wind here are some suggestions: Village Hidden in the Dunes, Village Hidden in the Dust, Village Hidden in the Sirocco ( xD )

@Parsnip

@Rancealot

Dune reference. If we exist in the Village Hidden in the Dunes... using spice will cause the Sandworms to kill us. :tongue:

But yes, there are several choices in what land this could take place.

MechaGhoul said:
Dune reference. If we exist in the Village Hidden in the Dunes... using spice will cause the Sandworms to kill us. :tongue:
But yes, there are several choices in what land this could take place.
So let's pick one. Right now. You know my vote

Kinesthetics.

You forgot to add how Land of lightning has wrassling.

[media]

[/media]
This is your ninja senpai

Is this cool?

y/n

Lol. What the..well A-wesome. Wind is the tempo winner then?

@Ixacise

I put up what I understood of the sheet. Could you please explain the rest?

If it's set in the desert my mountain dew joke is invalid.

Anyway I got dinner but afterwards I'll give a crash course of the rules.

WELL you know what, in fact I do. From given name first, to surname...

He is, Isamu Takahashi, the Greatest Ninja who ever lived in the history of ever. With his noble tact and grace, he is the greatest of all ninjas.

... Or something to that effect.

Oh ho ho. You've slightly proven me wrong. Kudos. What's his element? Fears? Relations? Thoughts about his land and village? Bloodlines? Special skills?

m-bison-of-cors-o.gif

I will take these one at a time.

Element: Water.

Fears: Penguins, Rigged Game Dice, Lack of time to goof around, Being Stabbed in the face, gut, spine, hand, leg, thigh, etc., Those Crazy Ninjas, People who don't appreciate Pop Culture, Being Attacked by those Ninja Wrestlers, Penguins, NOT Becoming One of those Ninja Wrestlers, Plagues, Not having the Essential Meals of the Day, Not cooking well, Penguins, etc.

Did I mention Penguins? He is really scared of Penguins.

Relations: ??? What, with the other players? Or his family or what?

Thoughts about Land/Village: Really, this will depend on what we choose for sure.

Bloodlines and Special Skills, think I'll need to wait to talk to Ixacise about that.

Yup. Relations with his family. And okay, the rest, yeah maybe they wouldn't be able to be answered just yet. Fine Mecha. You pass.

Alright children it's time for me to drop some KNOWLEDGE and help speed up the process of learning the system and making a character.

Rivers and Lakes

So wulin has a odd but not that complicated and cool method of dice. So first bit of jargon is the Lake which your pool of d10s you roll for everything. As with most games you roll and then get your result and add it with the appropriate modifiers.

However what makes Wulin's rolls different is how you determine your result and what you can do with them. [dice]1164[/dice] So how wulin does dice is that you play like dice poker and add up like sets. The number you rolled is the singles and the amount being the tens. So As you can see I got two fours meaning I got a 24. Of note is the ten which counts as zero and if you get more than one can trigger "interesting times" which means I as the GM can offer shenanigans! In exchange for giving out a point of joss who's type is dependent on the outcome; good means chivalrous & bad means malicious.

So with that logic you can see how my second best result is 17 followed by 13 with 24 being my best. If I had more sets I could make use of them for what are called minor actions which means your character is doing other stuff on top of the main action. I can also use the river which is a pretty nifty thing wulin does.

Basically the river is where you can dump some of your excess dice. Which can be use for either beefing up a future roll or for activating certain special abilities. The latter two being called Flow & Flooding. However the river usage has a set of steps you gotta go through. The first being called washing which discards your previous dice held followed by floating which is adding new dice then you got your flow and flooding. So basically if the situation allowed it; I could use that 17 and pass my roll and then flood in that 24 to boost up potential sets of 4 for a future roll or burn them for activating something

Modifiers

Modifiers aren't that hard but maybe a bit annoying to do at first since you'll have a lot of them. However the books wording on modifiers is weird and makes it more confusing that it actually is. Basically you got different sources of modifiers and you can only use one per source and it must either be the highest possible bonus or penalty

Joss

Joss does all sorts of fun stuff and there's two types; their main usage being in affect dice pools with chivalrous boosting yours and malicious which reduces the person that it's being applied to. You'll get joss for either amusing me, interesting times, or via deeds which connect to your virtues. Like with everything else go read the book for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back