• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mature Star Wars RP.

Planet wise we should start somewhere where we would all meet up one night or something. Like Corellia or an outer rim planet that is popular.

First - none taken! It's pretty much been destroyed. Ah well. Fun while it lasted.

Second - I like the idea of an outer rim planet. What about somewhere like onderon?

Ok well if anyone wants to absolutely play as a Jedi shout out, I'm just going to throw my idea out there before things get carried away.

I'm not against free-from RPs but I think they are at a higher risk of becoming stagnant without a driving force, no pun intended, behind them. For this reason I'm much more a fan of story driven RPs that allow good character interaction and side-plots while still keeping things rolling in a forward direction.

And since this is a mature Star Wars story we are wanting to tell I thought it might be appropriate to set it after the fall of the Jedi Order and rise of Palpatine's Empire. This will of course mean that non-Jedi characters will be much more prominent, with most Jedi killed off. The characters will be unified by their goal of wanting to strike back against the Empire, for whatever reason, and will have a specific goal in mind. Such as the destruction of a certain facility or ship, etc. Or the acquisition of something the Empire has or wants. Details could be worked out later, but the idea of how far people are willing to go/fall to fight the Empire could be an interesting idea to explore.

Characters would likely be a crew of people on a ship akin to the Falcon and Ebon Hawk. I would want to keep the story relatively tight and tied to a single objective ideally, if it all worked out a second installment/adventure could be organised if people are interested, not that side stories would be ignored however, because in the end it's those that get people attached to an RP.

That's just my idea anyway, what do you guys think?

So it's during the Galatic Civil War. Okay. But we can be force sensitive. If so desired. I would like to be the older, more experienced one. Its the role I'm more comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be the HK-47/C-3px (oh man I may actually play C-3Px)

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]I'll be the HK-47/C-3px (oh man I may actually play C-3Px)

[/QUOTE]
In any case , I'll be that super intelligent droid. Even if it's an astromech , or like bollux.

I'm thinking before the Civil War has kicked off. And that could work well @Jasin Carlile , perhaps your character could be a morale compass for the group. Anyway-

The characters, who have been opposing the Empire in some way, big or small, are recruited by the owner of the ship for a mission against the Empire. I'm thinking the owner could be have been a Jedi Consular/Shadow who avoided order 66 due to the secretive nature of his work. He would try and keep his Jedi past a secret though and be one of the main forces driving the story.

With this in mind everyone who's interested give me a kind of idea of what sort of character you would want to do, with more detail than just "a smuggler."

I would like to be that Jedi counselor or a Jedi who survived if everyone is good with that. I like being the experienced one cause in my experience I always end up that way And I enjoy it.

The droid. You know , that one half crazy droid that really isn't at all what he says he is and is really around because he wants droids right's movements to move forward and to kill people , and the obvious fact he actually does like some people. Ideally , it would be a prototype IG unit that actually had sentience on purpose , which they didn't like , tried to kill him and then he kind of just went with these people.

I'd love to join!

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]The droid. You know , that one half crazy droid that really isn't at all what he says he is and is really around because he wants droids right's movements to move forward and to kill people , and the obvious fact he actually does like some people. Ideally , it would be a prototype IG unit that actually had sentience on purpose , which they didn't like , tried to kill him and then he kind of just went with these people.

[/QUOTE]
Long time no see HK!

Greg2344 said:
I'd love to join!

Long time no see HK!
Well , I've been busy with this thanksgiving think and seeing all these humans I'm supposed to like (and do , depending on who it is.). Anyway it'd be nice if you joined this too.

@Jason Carlile If this did go ahead then it would probably be best if I went him so it's easier for me to guide the story, but just because there're aren't many Jedi left doesn't mean we can't have another one for you to play, that or an experienced force sensitive warrior type person.

In all honesty I kinda wanna be a bounty hunter, while I don't care about being somewhat force sensitive. I don't wanna literally be wielding a light-saber, and choking people with my invisible hand xD .

I was thinking a young cocky pilot from the outer rim, full of optimism and yearning for adventure. Jumping on the ship at a moments notice desperate to escape the boredom of everyday life.

I'm thinking of doing a blind padawan, who uses a sort of 'force sonar' to detect and sense his surroundings. It's better than normal vision in the first place. However, this also takes up so much of his ability to manipulate the force that he can't do much more than simple force-related techniques until he grows in strength.

I plan on doing a freelance spy that gathers information then sells it to whoever he wants. Of course he isn't without morals, he wouldn't do a job for the empiric b*****ds because of what they took from him. He acts suave and confident, but really just wants to have a cause. Something to fight for and if need be die for. Nonetheless he still treats himself to life's many vices. He's skilled with stealth, bluffing, and herbal poisons/anti poisons. Combat however is not his forte, he wouldn't last five minutes in a war zone with a blaster.

It would be an interesting dynamic to have another Jedi who is perhaps more "Jedi like" than the owner of the ship, apart from being experienced what sort of personality are you thinking of @Jason Carlile ?

Keep them coming by the way if you're interested, people who haven't already replied.

I wanted to be the one who is like Kyle Katarn or a Jedi who doesn't rely on his lightsaber and who is more human and is experienced combat and strategy wise.

[QUOTE="Jason Carlile]I wanted to be the one who is like Kyle Katarn or a Jedi who doesn't rely on his lightsaber and who is more human and is experienced combat and strategy wise.

[/QUOTE]
So you're a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions , eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back