[Lords of Creation] The Ubiquitous OOC Thread

hey, gotta keep girl's night out safe and secure from the vile mongrels that would interrupt it.

BLACKLION LOOKING AT YOU.

Right, I'm going to restart the game about a month after the last thread; Takeo will be back to full health, his boat will be in fine shape, and you'll have gotten the hell off Petraya by the time the Wyld Hunt shows up looking for you.

Takeo will have taken you all south, towards the border between the Neck and the Wavecrest Archipelago. Not all too far away from the neutral shadowland Isle of Shadows, as it happens, but THAT'S NOT AT ALL IMPORTANT.

Then, stuff can happen.

Bueno%20Excellente.jpg

Licensed to ill

I promise I won't turn the whole world to Cloverfield

On the real, yeah I will

I'll destroy it and then rebuild

Just for thrills.

And moar Kamina References. Also. Random question. I know Severin had a background in Magictech but since that's more Kana's suit. I think i'll put those dots to water since someone needs to know how to cook. The nerve of these two, leaving a grown man starving ._.

Oh and Kana, eventually Severin will ask you to make him a powersuit (of doom). Eventually.

Blacklion said:
And moar Kamina References. Also. Random question. I know Severin had a background in Magictech but since that's more Kana's suit. I think i'll put those dots to water since someone needs to know how to cook. The nerve of these two, leaving a grown man starving ._.
get back in the kitchen

where you belong

I really need to watch the rest of Avatar. Only seen the first nine episodes of the first book. :/

...And finish Chao rework now that Sarky and I have come to a GENTLEMAN'S UNDERSTANDING regarding charms

and hiiiii cirno

Hii!

It's pretty awesome, even if I'm not the target audience for their aesops. Also also. Legend of Korra. Fast-paced but decent.

Oh, any house rules about craft or thaumaturgy? I was considering giving Tirputra a couple dots in Wood so he can repair his nets.

I was also confused what to do with his resources background. I figure he's pretty poor in terms of income, but he's got a tiny canoe and fishing nets and the like.

I wouldn't require Resources for having some nets and a boat when you come from an island fishing tribe. Save the dots for something else.

No particular house rules on either craft or thaumaturgy. I agree with the "Craft is a points sink" view, so I'm ok with one mundane craft defaulting to another at a small penalty. Something like magitech or genesis would be totally separate craft skills, but if you can make a necklace, you can make a fighting chain...

Let's say 3. It's not game breaking, but it's more than a little awesome.

See you in a few days. I will be busy away from a net connection until Sunday-ish.

For some reason, it is not difficult to imagine Azure Sky hovering over a stove, Tirputra mending clothes, and Platinum thundering PUT YER BACKS INTO IT, mustache bristling. While Kana and Chao beat the living daylights out of people in the foreground.

>>Azure Sky in the kitchen.

WHERE HE BELONGS.

I like where this is going.

but man I'm just looking forwards to combo attacks. FASTBALL SPECIALLL and just in general working together to be ossum.

also I think I might just post the basic idears for Chao's custom charm trees in... idk which subforum but ONE OF THEM 'cuz I'd like to hammer that shit into tentative shape by the time Sarkstro gets back

Sound plan, what are you dreaming up? (also hells yeah combos ftw, I am so pyched about that with the martial arts thing)

Posted http://www.rpdom.com/threads/chao-destroyer-of-worlds.53165/ with the early basics, I'll start getting charms up a little later today but those are the basics; looking for a bit of feedback on the metalinks (do any seem to reach too far? do they all make sense?) and general ideas. Most of the bonuses are likely to be fairly small and I see the extremely heavy and sometimes redundant charm investment requirements as being limiting factors; I definitely want a cool-looking and not worthless set of stuffs, but at the same time the defenses shouldn't be better than Superheavy Orihalcum Plate for half the cost, make her hit harder than a Royal Warstrider, etc - the theme is personal improvement and utility rather than extreme bonuses in one or two areas.

That looks neat. I like the corresponding fluff. Are you going to need dots in each of those Abilities to pursue the corresponding charms though? You might be able to merge what Integrity does into Lore, since some Lore Charms deal with Shaping.

Yes, each charm will require dots in the related abilities. A big theme is sort of... internalizing all these things and her trying to evolve them, and iteration on her part as she figures out how say Glorious Solar Plate works and applies certain principles from it to say iron kettle skin - a very iterative, scientific approach by Chao as she does SCIENCE!

and yes she will eventually share

Image of a terrified Tirputra as he flees and howls protests about donating his body to science goes here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back