• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Light Without Sun

Aquinna, shivering to shake off the eerie feeling the Deep Dark gave her, as she blinked owlishly at the new light and let go of Mizu's wrist. "This is it? This is the cave of Iku-Turso?" She asked apprehensively.

((I'll be controlling Iku-Turso, guys.))

Mizu let out a relieved sigh as he had been muttering to himself all the time not to go towards the light, even though, compared to the Fresh Waters, this was absolutely terrifying dark. He didn't comment on it though, as he felt Aquinna letting go of his wrist, and turned to smile to her as they were outside the cave, looking in it already gave Mizu the chills. "I hope he's more friendly than he sounds..." Mizu muttered as he looked up at the cave, barely visible with the little light they already had as he sighed yet again, this was only the first step towards understanding what was going on, but he was already this nervous. What was he going to do if he couldn't calm himself down?

((I thought as much, but I prefer it that way too. To not go on a wild spree in the plot ^^))

Fen Hai felt the rope slacken as she half swum, was half pulled into the cave. Feeling the currents slow and change directions in the water around her, she takes a chance and opens one eye. "Oh." Opening the other eye, she expectantly looks around, inspecting the crags and rock formations in the walls in from them. "Could be an old vent . . .probably not a leftover seaslug hole." Curious, she holds the rope in one hand and swims closer towards the opening of the cave, the better to examine it. "you say that Iku-Turso lives here? If he's adopted the life of a hermit we'd best be as polite as possible."

Luna had been mostly silent. She had no idea who this was, but she though he was evil. Shivering a bit, she looked at the cave. She was prepared to become a siren if necessary. She didn't want evil people in this ocean. It was scary to have doom looming over your head. Taking a deep breath, Luna took a strand of hair and started twirling it.

Sensing something at the front of his cave, Iku-Turso moved thickly through his caves, squeezing through the tunnels tentacles first until he reached them. The giant red kraken's deep voice rumbled as he moved. "Who are you? What are you mermaids doing in my domain?"

Mizu looked around the dark scary cave, as if such a place needed a more scarier and a cave nonetheless. It didn't take long after they had arrived that the cave began to rumble and a dark ominous voice entered his head as it sent more chills down his spine than the ice magic in his blood. The Kraken, Iku-Turso had appeared before them, showing off what being a Kraken meant by his massive size and large tentacles. Mizu opened his mouth to speak as his voice failed, and he bit his lower lip before he opened his mouth and tried one more time. "W- we are mermaids gathered here to ask you something... we need to know the song. The whole song," Mizu answered, as he avoided answering with too much information as he let his crystals light a bit up, as he was nervous just knowing of Iku-Turso's presence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nami gripped her spear. The stories where true, there is a Kraken in the Dark Scar. A big grin grew on her face. A monster hunter meeting the biggest monster in the sea. What a trophy he would become. She moved in between the group and the monster. She watched the beast looking for any weakness. Her lure turn red, "Kraken, you may be strong, but you are in the presences of Monster Hunter Nami, So if you value your life i suggest you assist us in this matter."

Orielle touched a hand to Nami's shoulder, as if warning her to choose her words carefully. Monster hunter or not, this Iku-Turso was still larger than any of the mermaids in his pressence.

Looking directly at him, Orielle was reminded of the stories her parents had told her about Iku-Turso and him helping those who showed him respect.

"Iku-Turso of the Deep Dark, I am Orielle Isis. . ." She did a little curtsy, showing him respect. "My companions and I have come to you for assistance. . ."

She went on to explain the events that occurred and what led them to the cave they were in.

"Will you help us, almighty Iku-Turso?"

((firejay, to begin, my occ reply thing isn' popping up for my post. Secondly, I hope you don't mind what I've done with my reply.))

Fen Hai's expression turned to alarm when their guide of the Deep Dark challanged the Kraken to a duel. "Oh. Oh my." She glances around with terror in her eyes at the rest of the group. "Is she serious? I hope she's not serious." The Koi started to back out of the cave, only to hesitate at the mouth, where the fresher currents reminded her of the dangerous lights lurking beyond. "Oh dear." She takes a deep breath and swims back the group, where she makes sure most of them are between her and the tenticles slowly creeping towards them. "I didn't expect this."

firejay1 updated Light Without Sun with a new update entry:

Closing Down

Guys, I'm really sorry to do this to you all, and thank you so much for having joined this RP, but I think I'm going to have to shut down Light Without Sun. It simply moves too abruptly and slowly, and I keep losing track of it because of the more active RPs I'm involved in.
Please forgive me, but I don't think I can keep this up anymore, as it feels like it's dying painfully and slowly. If you guys want to continue RPing here, you can go ahead and do so, but I won't be moderating it anymore....
Read the rest of this update entry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back