[Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] [Legends of the Modern Age (Scion)] Domain of Leisure

Advancement is page 206-207 of the Hero book and the game doesnt have training times. It just says to run everything by your ST and they may require justification for what you spend it on. So I just want your gut feeling/ruling on this and its fine either way.

Cool

Edit: hopefully no one minds the guy with the Trickster archetype activating the "dont beat me" power for saying things that might tick others off.

Last edited by a moderator:
She touched you, that is as familiar as she has been with anyone since she was 8. It is her attempt to bond with her new bestie.

Well, time to grab some popcorn as we all watch to see how quickly Grisl's feelings progress.

Hi. Are you a horrible monster? Here, take this staff. Have fun destroying the realm of the gods. Bye now.

Kendra, poor Kendra. Given a horrible choice. Destroy the world of the gods, or abandon her new friend and possible love interest. Soon to be available on the Lifetime Movie Network.

Enjoy the popcorn.

Well, hugging a Scion with Epic Stamina might make infectious disease less likely to spread to them.

Less likely. That is the key, and why she was willing to touch you, slightly. Epic stamina is not immunity.

But you don't have the health purview, and if she would infect you, you might still die or become disfigured because of her. Not worth the risk....yet.

That said, given some time alone, she could regenerate her body, suppress most of her diseases and engage in some warm hugs or more, but she isn't in her healthiest state right now. But it's pretty likely she will have to do that soon, so just be patient.

And at demigod level, Grisl will start working on her disease purviews, taking a lot of the health purviews in the negative direction.

I'm tempted to sometime going into the Animal Purview sometime.

But the talking to animals thing gets hard with wolves. Unless you count dogs because they are a subspecies of wolf.

Animal Purview with uncommon animals (e.g. wolves, not "fish") is only really worthwhile with a Creature Birthright, I think.

Or if the game is set near Yellowstone Park.

Or in the Western half of the country in general where wolves are reappearing rapidly.

Yeah, but the likelihood of wolves being around at a given time is still not that high. Now, Animal (Dove) on the other hand...

The Animal Aspect stuff is pretty cool, but it just seems unfair to me that the first two uses of the power are useless if you have a rare, or in this case mythological, beast.

Which is also cool, but it's not like our Legend ratings are increasing at the rate of 1 dot per month or something. While I'm thrilled at the possibility of using Demigod and God Boons, I'm not basing my estimation of the relative utility of Purviews on them.

@shepsquared that reminds me, you were speaking about raising our Legend ratings by fiat rather than xp before the game started, is this still the plan? And if so, do you have a rough estimate of how often this will happen in OOC time?

Well, unless salawas are really these guys:

320px-Fennec_Foxes.jpg

It's possible, but "this specific kind of fox that only lives in north africa," is only marginally better than a mythological creature. And it's still a matter of ST interpretation.

Yeah, if I was making the rules, I'd be tempted to just assign "fox" as the Set animal. They're trickster archetypes after all, and they have red fur too. ;)

The salawas makes a good companion if you want to spend BP on getting a pet. Otherwise, you aren't likely to run into them unless the big bad guy was a scion of Set.

But that is part of the reason you get multiple areas to develop. You don't have to develop Animal (Salawas). You pick a different animal, but it costs slightly more to do so.

But I do agree that Salawas isn't optimal.

Sure, but they don't make for better companions than say, wolves.

The premise of this conversation is flawed though, we're arguing as if Scion were remotely balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back