• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Large Scale Sci-Fi Strategy Idea

@Archdemon, best is a relative term. Yes, they may be good, but they may be good in only one part of everything. Your soldiers may be the best soldiers when it comes to modern day fighting, but even modern day soldiers with all their training screw up. May it be against other soldiers trained the same way, or against soldiers trained completely, all the soldiers cannot be the best. And that goes for everyone else to. I'll even correct myself, my soldiers aren't the beat at guerilla warfare, but are pretty darn good at it.

My navy is very strong, our air force is moderately well off, though our army is strong it has its weaknesses. We rely on ranged weapons and heavy armor support but our actual grunts are the terrible but they aren't fantastic either. Our navy though... I mean damn it is good.

Like the British at the revolution? They had frigates, man'o'wars, and plenty of them. But still, the U.S. with their significantly smallr yet more agile ships took them on and won. My country has no navy to speak of, unless you count the tribal pirates that roam the coast.

Beowulf said:
Like the British at the revolution? They had frigates, man'o'wars, and plenty of them. But still, the U.S. with their significantly smallr yet more agile ships took them on and won. My country has no navy to speak of, unless you count the tribal pirates that roam the coast.
The British actually had superior navy during the Revolution. The French, Dutch and Spanish harried the British across the Atlantic so the American Navy by the time they engaged the British, the Brits had been weakened severely. Yes however my fleet relies on large warships and plenty of them since our homeland is the Island of Septimia.

We have good land forces, but when defending we become unstoppable due to the unusual terrain and wildlife. Due to our lack of computer prowess we lack an air force, though due to our island setting and reliance on the water we have an amazing navy.

Cliffs protect our shores, forts and mountains guard the interior as do think forests. An invasion of our island would have to be very well thought out. We however prefer to avoid war if possible so you won't see us rushing into conflict.

Though, the majority of our ships are smaller converted fishing vessels we pride ourselves in our massive warship~ Monarch

(Our navy vessels are labeled medievally E.G. Noble, Knight, Knave, Peasant)

I see striking similarities Maven

Well, look at my armed forces. No air force, can't really call the pirates a navy, and no armored vehicles. It's the guerill warfare my military relies on. Striking swift and hard then fading back into the jungle, leaving only shell casings and bodies behind. Of course, tribal leaders might make trades with other nations to get a little something for their rival.

Yeah just so everyone knows I will consult with other if anyone seems to be too upper handed. No nations are perfect.

That's what I was getting at. Of course, my nation is arguably a hell hole for just about anyone, but it has it's perks.

Peasant- Fast Attack Craft/Repair Vessel

Knave- Offshore Patrol Vessel

Soldier- Corvette

Knight- Frigate

Honorbound- Destroyer

Lancer- Cruiser

Crusader- Pocket Battleship

Paladin- Battlecruiser

Templar- Carrier Vessel

Legionnaire- Battleship

Lord- Warship

Queen- Stealth Submarine

King- Elite Warship

Well good for you with all your shiny and fancy named ships. *grumble* wish I had an awesomely named navy *grumble*

Full Name:

Shortened Name:

Capital:

Primary Climate:

Geography Description:

Head of State:

Head of Government:

Form of Government:

• Legislative Branch:
  • Judicial Branch:
  • Executive Branch:

Economic System:

Tax Rate:

Population:

Major Imports (3):

Major Exports (3):

Major Crop:

Primary Industry:

Government's Top Priority:

Religion(s):

Currency:

Military Structure:

Military Manpower (Keep below 3% in Peace and 15% in war):

Major Cities:

History:

So we already have a possible war getting started I see?

DeadKool I'm sure part of my nation would want to ally, currently though the merchant class still has political authority and a policy of pure neutrality. There would be a couple of the rebel Fernidod Captains who you gladly support your nation with supplies but probably not with men or arms due to their lack of resources.

Full Name: Blackforest

Shortened Name: Blackforest

Capital:Harford

Primary Climate:Temperate

Geography Description:Mountainous

Head of State:President Kayla Renee

Head of Government: Kayla Renee

Form of Government: Dictatorship

• Legislative Branch: N/A
  • Judicial Branch: N/A
  • Executive Branch: N/A

Economic System: Capitalism

Tax Rate: 10 percent all

Population: 10,500,000

Major Imports (3):

Fuel

Metals

Crops

Major Exports (3):

Beef

Chicken

Pork

Major Crop:

Livestock

Primary Industry:

Butchery

Government's Top Priority:

Welfare

Religion(s):

Varies Greatly

Currency:

Tolkens

Military Structure:

Powerful Air Force, Adequate Navy, Weak Land Forces

Military Manpower (Keep below 3% in Peace and 15% in war):

Peace= 3% War= 7%

Major Cities:

Anerundle

Dundalk

Rosedale

Oxford

Harford

History:

Blackforest started out as an annexation from various bandit camps, but one group eventually consumed the others which led to an extreme decrease in violence. Due to this people started moving into the area, and with this, services were needed. Over time, Blackforest became less like a band of outlaws and more like a civilized country. However, due to it's roots, it's government is dictatorial. But, the leaders have become more sympathetic to the people. It maintains heavy connections with Nimh due to the fact that Nimh supported it during Blackforest's wild growth. Currently Blackforest is the world's main supplier of meat products giving it the potential to evolve into an economic powerhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back