Keychain #323-328

I love it! I recognized it pretty much right away (the RSS feed page title helped a little, because I would have thought that was a wren or a sparrow - I'm bad with birds). I love how the bird looks at Marena and then goes tok-tok! :mrgreen:

Edit: Oh, wait, we have spoiler tags!

The Hobbit! Go, thrush bird, go!

Also, I think I failed to remember a key bit of information about the comic...

So, the original quote mentions a keyhole, and I thought, "Oh, Misho will have to craft a key."

Yeah...Never mind that the key is in the comic name and in the banner at the top of the page.

I will go back to sleep now!

Misho looks... odd with pants, somehow. Is it just me?

...And why did I laugh so much at this comic?

I instantly went to an image of Jukashi doing a taunt stance in a fighting game against
JRR Tolkien, and if you didn't know the reference already, I weep for your deprived literary experience

...guys, you keeping on saying it's a hobbit ref won't help anyone who didn't pick up on the reference so far get it if you don't also tell the context.

It looks like the bird's trying to eat a piece of jade.

But it's a shell.

Speaking of which, is that gold-with-red-lines stuff Misho's holding orichalcum tools?

Tal9922 said:
...guys, you keeping on saying it's a hobbit ref won't help anyone who didn't pick up on the reference so far get it if you don't also tell the context.
Well, maybe at least one person will be encouraged to read it. And that's a victory for us all. Unless it's a person who would be inclined to make Fili/Kili slash fic or something. That's a loss for us all.

Tal9922 said:
Well, knowing you are looking for a secret door reference in The Hobbit is a good start.

Chapter 3: "Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's day will shine upon the keyhole

Brickwall said:
Well, maybe at least one person will be encouraged to read it. And that's a victory for us all. Unless it's a person who would be inclined to make Fili/Kili slash fic or something. That's a loss for us all.
What Brick said, in its entirety.

Heh, been a while since I actually read the hobbit. I almost forgot what the thrush was doing there.

Dahak said:
krrackknut said:
Speaking of which, is that gold-with-red-lines stuff Misho's holding orichalcum tools?
Visual depiction of Craftsman Needs No Tools, I think.
Could be either, the orange-and-yellow seems to signify both orichalcum and Glorious Solar Nouns.

Dahak said:
krrackknut said:
Speaking of which' date=' is that gold-with-red-lines stuff Misho's holding orichalcum tools?[/quote']
Visual depiction of Craftsman Needs No Tools, I think.
Could be either, the orange-and-yellow seems to signify both orichalcum and Glorious Solar Nouns.
Glorious Solar <serendipity>

karritation.jpg

This comic I love. Karen's appearance, expression, anima, and complete Dawn-casteness make it work brilliantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back