Keychain #317-322

Yet another new poster! *gasp* (Art changes sure bring us out of the woodwork, don't they?)

I like the new arms and such too, though like most people I didn't notice them at first, and it didn't really sink in until the news post.

I figured that with his sorcery skills Misho sees something more like some of the fan art :D

Might be something to do with your monitor settings' date=' I can read it just fine.[/quote']
I already turned my settings up ... before, I couldn't even see that there was text. :(

I'm not sure if I like the new full bodied style yet but I think it will grow on me. But it was a brilliant way to introduce the new change!

And I don't think Misho destroyed Secret's pendant. The golden glow indicates he sent it to Elsewhere. He did say he would take care of it for Secret after all.

And I don't think Misho destroyed Secret's pendant. The golden glow indicates he sent it to Elsewhere. He did say he would take care of it for Secret after all.
I think it more likely that he used a Craft Charm to assist in breaking it, since it's not exactly easy to snap metal with your bare hands unaided. Besides, "take care of" is a very contextually defined phrase. For instance, when you say "I just had a rough breakup with Amy", if your professional assassin friend asks "Want me to take care of her for you?", you can bet he isn't intending to go over and eat ice cream with her and make her feel better. Much the same with your Sorcery teacher and the pendant that you have to eliminate from your life forever and for always.

Brickwall said:
I think it more likely that he used a Craft Charm to assist in breaking it, since it's not exactly easy to snap metal with your bare hands unaided. Besides, "take care of" is a very contextually defined phrase. For instance, when you say "I just had a rough breakup with Amy", if your professional assassin friend asks "Want me to take care of her for you?", you can bet he isn't intending to go over and eat ice cream with her and make her feel better. Much the same with your Sorcery teacher and the pendant that you have to eliminate from your life forever and for always.
Of course, he could probably repair it easily even after snapping it. He's just not likely to do it, since it kind of misses the whole "Sacrifice" point.
Thanqol said:
Fighteer said:
It's also occurred to me that Misho and Ten reacted as if they were expecting this' date=' implying that they already saw things this way. The obvious conclusion is that seeing fully-fleshed bodies as opposed to stick figures is [i']a function of one's sorcery initiation[/i]. :shock:
Wait, so if we can see their arms too now... :|
I think everyone has to shout MAGMA KRAKEN at least once to test this theory.
Well we're only seeing as much as Marena and Secret are, so wouldn't we need a terrestrial-circle spell to test it?
Nevertheless, MAGMA KRAKEN.

Quantum's right, we can't MAGMA KRAKEN until Secret and Marena have weird bumps in between their eyes...

... hold on guys, I just heard something in the back room. Sounded like something burning. Back in a tick.

:wink: :P

chalicier said:
Quantum's right, we can't MAGMA KRAKEN until Secret and Marena have weird bumps in between their eyes...
... hold on guys, I just heard something in the back room. Sounded like something burning. Back in a tick.

:wink: :P
There is never such a thing as a wrong time for MAGMA KRAKEN, nor can there ever be such a thing as too much MAGMA KRAKEN.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
There is never such a thing as a wrong time for MAGMA KRAKEN, nor can there ever be such a thing as too much MAGMA KRAKEN.
What if you are standing at the bottom of a firedust mine in a Wyld Storm that is causing a local flood of lamp oil?

Kyeudo said:
ShadowDragon8685 said:
What if you are standing at the bottom of a firedust mine in a Wyld Storm that is causing a local flood of lamp oil?
MAGMAAAAAAAAAA KRAAAAAAAAKENNNNN! (And a combo of 7SE + Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit)

You know, I just realized something. While we're having a very amusing synchronized freak out on the part of Secret and Marena here, eventually they'll stop freaking out, and will have to examine themselves to see how they've changed. Wonder how much we'd have to bribe Jukashi to arrange for a synchronized "Examination."

Aasharu said:
You know, I just realized something. While we're having a very amusing synchronized freak out on the part of Secret and Marena here, eventually they'll stop freaking out, and will have to examine themselves to see how they've changed. Wonder how much we'd have to bribe Jukashi to arrange for a synchronized "Examination."
...ears

It'll happen sometime.

Brickwall said:
Aasharu said:
...ears

It'll happen sometime.
I tend to think that most of that would probably occur off-panel...but it is a darn shame that Secret doesn't know about the whole "heat" thing.

What i can say about todays comic?

From story perspective . I'm not surprised how Marena rushed with use of her new powers. And, as everyone saw, it didn't end well.

As for art. I really like the effect of failed attempt of spell shaping. This poof of smoke-like energy looks really cool. Second thing is showing how Jukashi draws legs from now on. Ok it's only one leg in one panel and actually I can't say much about it for now. But I'm really curious how everything will be showed in future episodes.

So far it's getting better :D

Secret's "hmm, what in the Lover's name is this about?" expression checking her legs is priceless!

I also am curious about how that shift will influence the navigation buttons :o

She's 16-17 years old, raised in poverty, and soaked in Death Essence that took her after she wasted away from a plague. Oh, and she tried to pass as male for most of her life, and didn't do a bad job of it usually. Of COURSE she's skinny. And I bet it'll be hard to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back