Keychain #311-316

On reading this I find myself more interested in what Misho said than on SadSecret in the last panel.

And that's terrible.

I actually see the name as "Creation". It has the right shape, at least.

Edit: Nice one with the eyes fading back in.

Never knew Misho's the type to send them away laughing.

That's pretty awesome.

EDIT: I suppose even the Sun's servants have to find it in them to joke about their boss.

I think it was probably "Chuckles" or "Cuddles" or possibly "Celeste."

Also, am I the only one who was kind of hoping for Deidre? I mean, Dernelle rocks the socks too, and fits her... But I was hoping for Deidre, somehow.

I like the "go out with a laugh" mentality that Misho applies here. It's fitting, somehow. I don't really see him as the stern, "BEGONE!" type.

Anyway, if you don't mind my saying so, Jukashi, this latest arc shows how your storytelling skills have grown over the duration of Keychain. It's rare that a webcomic can apply genuine pathos and have it come across so effectively, much less do it multiple times (ref: Mew Cai).

I did consider Deirdre, but after finding out who the original Deirdre was I didn't think it matched up too well.

It goes better with Rouen, anyway. They sound like they're about the same linguistic area.

I'd say he died laughing, but that would be the exact opposite of true.

The use of eyes to indicate what's happening was fantastic.

You know, it's interesting, with the scale of her in the last panel, Secret's swirly tattoo makes her look like she's crying.

Aasharu said:
You know, it's interesting, with the scale of her in the last panel, Secret's swirly tattoo makes her look like she's crying.
I always think it makes her look like she's crying. Somewhere on the emo/goth scale there. But she's allowed since she's an abyssal.

Obviously, a soul that heard the Sun's true name as the last thing it heard before descending into Lethe reincarnates into something that can be used for Misho's supergenius purposes. Or maybe is a candidate for Exaltation. I dunno. But I bet it does SOMETHING, or he probably wouldn't have bothered.

Unless maybe he knew it would make Rouen laugh. Then he was just being nice.

But I like my nefarious plotting theory better.

Fabricati said:
Hm? No, my theory is that it sends the soul to the Daystar. To be judged for Righteous Dead-hood you see.
I hope Rouen is a trainspotter and a train-station fancier, then, because he's going to be waiting a long time for that!

Though, now I think about it, I could imagine him chillin' in the conductor's booth of the Holy Monorail, kicked back in the chair, eyes closed, jazzing out to music and smokin' a fat stogie (what? He's dead, it can't hurt him any longer!)

Perhaps there's some rule that if the Unconquered Sun's name is the last thing you hear (or if you know it when you pass into the Lethe, or something), then your next life will be a happy one? You know, like that treaty the Deliberative used to have with the Bureau of Destiny (by the way, would someone please tell me if that's still in effect or not, canonically, or if its up to the whims of the individual ST) that ensured that those who died from the Exalted's .. excesses would reincarnate into a happy life. Misho ensuring that Rouen gets a good next life is a Misho thing to do. Though so is just making sure he dies happy, so it might just be that.

Quchu said:
I saw it as more of a "Oh. OH. OHHHHHHHHH. It all makes sense now. Hah!" laughter.
Yeah, I didn't think the name was funny in itself either, it felt more like a laugh of realization or irony.

Or maybe whoever's running Lethe sees that name-drop and goes "Wait, what?" giving Rouen more attention than usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back