Keychain #286-290

Well, when your patients have maggots and scraps of brain tissue between their teeth, it's worth it to go that extra mile.

Also, it's a great weapon against Solars, since everyone knows their power comes from the sparkliness of their teeth. Also Lunars, for obvious reasons.

merle said:
Crasical said:
Proper oral hygiene, eh?
We're now one bad idea and Daybreak craftsman from an artifact soulsteel toothbrush that screams with the pain of a thousand dental patients and the whir of a million drills.
...that is terrifying. Why would anyone make that?!
For SCIENCE!

merle said:
Crasical said:
Proper oral hygiene, eh?
We're now one bad idea and Daybreak craftsman from an artifact soulsteel toothbrush that screams with the pain of a thousand dental patients and the whir of a million drills.
...that is terrifying. Why would anyone make that?!
Becaue he's a

I always considered the downtime between story arcs to be "happy time." After all, you get to freely enjoy your pursuits and have some fun in the process.

"Yes, dear, you look like a sorcerer. Now go play with your elementals, 'kay?"

I wonder when any celestial Exalted have ever been happy.

krrackknut said:
The First Age.

Also: Any time they get to chill with Venus.

krrackknut said:
If we're counting Abyssals, some of them enjoy their job.

krrackknut said:
Well, they're traveling with their friends, seeing interesting new sights along the way...sure, there's some hard work and moments of panic, but on the whole I think Our Merry Band is having a pretty good time of it.

I like this thread because the only type of Exalted being specifically mentioned as being mostly happy are "Some Abyssals".

Well, and First Age Solars, which were mostly paranoid maniacs and thus may not have been very happy either.

Arrghus said:
I like this thread because the only type of Exalted being specifically mentioned as being mostly happy are "Some Abyssals".
Well, and First Age Solars, which were mostly paranoid maniacs and thus may not have been very happy either.
Unless they had fun being a paranoid maniac. In which case, they were probably thrilled.

Oh, and that Eclipse sea-captain who made it his habit to rape young Terrestrials then Eclipse-Bind them against ever mentioning it. Pretty sure he had fun.

Oh, and Desus...

Sol-Damnit, I'm not helping, am I?

Oh, come on, SOMEONE has got to be happy in this world. What ever happened to "treasure the little things"?

Crasical said:
In the grim darkness of the second age, there is only suffering.
Crossover time! I'm thinking Space Marine Terrestrials, Abyssal Necrons (and Neverborn C'Tan), and the Emperor's clearly a Solar.

Is that Fluff Marines or Crunch Marines?

If it's Crunch Marines, I wouldn't give them more than God-Blooded, tops.

If it's Fluff Marines, then they are clearly Lunar Exalted.

Meaning they average out to Terrestrial! :)

Actually, no, much better way to do it.

The Emperor is a particularly kick-ass Twilight, and used MAGIC SCIENCE to Exalt some embryos- twenty considerably less kick-ass Solars, the Primarchs (Crawling out of a volcano when you're born? Element-Resisting Prana!). They were then used to create Legions of Solar Half-Castes.

What I said for Necrons was stupid and likewise insane. They're Alchemical, the C'Tan are Autochthon's souls. The Chaos Marines are Solar Half-Caste Akuma.

Crasical said:
Reading this comment made me have a thought:
Marena is (supposedly) the social expert of the group, focused on seduction. (if in personality only, the only time I can think of when she tried to seduce someone was that Clawstrider. And that failed pretty badly.)

But she's a lunar. And eats random animals, if the gag comics are to be believed.

Do her kisses taste. . . kinda gamey?

Quite possibly this is a path I'm going to regret thinking through.
Probably, but your regrets will be less than those of the guy who slipped his tongue in when Marena wasn't expecting it.

The key to happiness is being happy with what you do.

For instance, take Iron Siaka, the Sidereal Chosen of Serenity on the cover of the siddy book. Her Motivation is to hit creatures of darkness until they stop bothering Creation. Her job affords her tons of time and opportunity to hit said creatures.

Also, many opportunities (and the skills necessary) to pick up hot chicks.

Therefore, she's happy. It's all about enjoying the journey!

For instance, take Iron Siaka, the Sidereal Chosen of Serenity on the cover of the siddy book. Her Motivation is to hit creatures of darkness until they stop bothering Creation. Her job affords her tons of time and opportunity to hit said creatures.
Also, paperwork. A lot of it. But I guess you've got a point. One specific Sidereal of the Caste designed to handle happiness and distribute joy might occasionally be a little upbeat.

I swear, the very next game I'm in, I'm going to play Superman just to spite you all.

Also, thank you for reminding me why I hate 40k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back