Keychain #281-285

Misho's obviously working on an essence-powered raygun that's regulated through very small cogs. Soon, Marena will drop a stoat on the table, they'll cook it, and Misho will make a holster and sling out of the leather.

Yes, I do like gunslingers. Why do you ask?

krrackknut said:
What a horrible Scrabble word.
It could have been worse; it could have been "ermine".

I do have to wonder what that gear is for...

Aasharu, even if she doesn't eat, hopefully that doesn't mean that she can't...or at least just enjoy a nice cup of tea?

Perhaps she can have some sushi for breakfast. Given that the chef has the skills, the fish could be still alive when it is eaten.

The specifics of the charm are such that you no longer need to eat, but in order to make it permanent, you have to forever give up the ability to eat. That includes drinking, except for in the cases in which you are "eating" someone for essence, (I didn't mean for that to come out so... innuendo laden,) or drinking their blood for the same purpose.

Edit: Also, if she were to redeem herself and become a Solar, she would lose that charm. The Solar variant can't be made permanent. Just one more incentive, I guess.

Who doesn't want to learn sorcery? In the First Age, it was the Twilights, the Copper Spiders who truly ruled the world, who defanged the Primordials, who wanted to rip the world apart so that they could rule it better.

Besides, I'm sure people can learn one-or-two spells before having to sacrifice something to be a full-fledged sorcerer, right?

Speaking of which, what is that foodstuff?

Speaking of which, what is that foodstuff?
Food from the Aerial Table, from page 47 of The White Treatise. It does essentially what you expect, as long as you don't mind having a dinner of tasteless petals.

Speaking of which' date=' what is that foodstuff?[/quote']
Food from the Aerial Table, from page 47 of The White Treatise. It does essentially what you expect, as long as you don't mind having a dinner of tasteless petals.
And don't have too much of it in a row. That can get expensive.

Having a food conjuring spell is... much more useful than you think.

I recently played a game where we had to move a few hundred refugees across a Southern desert and discovered that neither of our two Sorcerers had a mass travel or food conjuring spell. Our Journeys Sidereal went atomic and invoked a Greater Sign to teleport everyone.

(As an aside, most heroic act I've ever witnessed in an Exalted game. Blowing a dot of permanent Essence to save 200 people you don't care about)

Sorcery! Costs less than a dot of permanent Essence!

Thanqol said:
discovered that neither of our two Sorcerers had a mass travel or food conjuring spell.
How is that even possible? Stormwind Rider is ALWAYS spell choice 3 at the latest for me, after Stop Casting Spells At Me and, unless it goes against concept, Swiss Army Knife Of The First Circle.

0m3g413 said:
Thanqol said:
discovered that neither of our two Sorcerers had a mass travel or food conjuring spell.
How is that even possible? Stormwind Rider is ALWAYS spell choice 3 at the latest for me, after Stop Casting Spells At Me and, unless it goes against concept, Swiss Army Knife Of The First Circle.
Probably picked a blast spell or two, and then diversified into regular charms.

Marena: She'll steal all your cheese.

That might edge out 'Now punch that river in half' as the most amusing thing a KoC character has said recently, in my book.

Crasical said:
Marena: She'll steal all your cheese.
That might edge out 'Now punch that river in half' as the most amusing thing a KoC character has said recently, in my book.
That's terrible! You should never steal cheese. Cheddars never prosper.

You're all bad bad people. You realise that I'm going to be inwardly giving all the spells those kinds of names from now on?

GM: "So, you've set aside one last Charm slot for a spell. Are you going to be picking up Swiss Army Knife of the First Circle or Pretend These People Are A Military Unit And Make Them Go Zoom?"

Player: "I was thinking of Add Spangle To Weapons And Armour Really Fast, actually."

GM: "Really? Hmm. What about Turn Into Metal or Rewrite Hand-to-Hand Stats At Will?"

Player: "Nah. Too combaty. Oh, wait, Basic Area Attack Spell With Very Cool Physical Manifestation looks fun."

GM: "Which one? There's about 3."

The only spell which would have to keep its name is, of course, Magma Kraken.

There are some things brute force can't solve. For everything else, there's Magma Kraken.

chalicier said:
You're all bad bad people. You realise that I'm going to be inwardly giving all the spells those kinds of names from now on?
GM: "So, you've set aside one last Charm slot for a spell. Are you going to be picking up Swiss Army Knife of the First Circle or Pretend These People Are A Military Unit And Make Them Go Zoom?"
Demon of the First Circle and Stormwind Rider?

Player: "I was thinking of Add Spangle To Weapons And Armour Really Fast, actually."
(Element) Dragon's Benediction?

GM: "Really? Hmm. What about Turn Into Metal or Rewrite Hand-to-Hand Stats At Will?"
Invulnerable Skin of Bronze and Wood Dragon's Claw?

Player: "Nah. Too combaty. Oh, wait, Basic Area Attack Spell With Very Cool Physical Manifestation looks fun."

GM: "Which one? There's about 3.
Death of Obsidian Butterflies, Flight of the Brilliant Raptor, and what's the third one?

Kyeudo said:
Death of Obsidian Butterflies, Flight of the Brilliant Raptor, and what's the third one?
Titan's Icy Breath. I thought for a moment I was misremembering a Celestial Circle spell but no, turns out my memory for random unimportant category counts is better than my memory for spells...

AND YES.

I SAID MAGMA KRAKEN!!!!

I'm really glad MAGMA KRAKEN has become an Exalted meme. I like its meme status more so than the actual spell itself. Flagg should implement a fix which automatically bolds and enlarges every instance of "MAGMA KRAKEN" in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back