Keychain 201 - 205

Ahem!

GOLD FACTION SIDEREAL!

Called it. :mrgreen:

And now, if my guess is correct, he'll get to fight the bearer of the Starmetal Key.

Jtuxyan said:
Ahem!
GOLD FACTION SIDEREAL!

Called it. :mrgreen:

And now, if my guess is correct, he'll get to fight the bearer of the Starmetal Key.
No, I'm calling bullshit.

Look at the expression on his face. Actually, ignore that, any sidereal or terrestrial infiltrator would be able to control that.

Look at the shape of his pipe smoke. It forms the top of a "?" symbol. He is confused.

I call mistaken identity - the Siddie there has Ten Winds confused for his master, and this has greatly puzzled poor Ten Winds. He'll solve this the traditional Monk way, though.

He'll drink himself into his nightly coma and forget all about it by Solup.

YES! This implies further development for Ten! As soon as we get to the next town...um...something will happen!

Also, while Yellow Eyes is obviously a Sidereal, it's still possible for Ten not to be. A high-level Immaculate (an Immaculate Master, for instance) could conceivable be in on the secret. Especially if one of his mortal students ended up Exalting as a Sidereal, who retained his affection for his sifu even after joining the other Siddies up at the Big Boat in the Sky.

It's not even really much of a stretch. I'm sorta hoping Ten's not a Siddie now, just because it would make everything too simple. I'm hoping Ten's REAL backstory hits me outta left field.

YES! This implies further development for Ten! As soon as we get to the next town...um...something will happen!
Also, while Yellow Eyes is obviously a Sidereal, it's still possible for Ten not to be. A high-level Immaculate (an Immaculate Master, for instance) could conceivable be in on the secret. Especially if one of his mortal students ended up Exalting as a Sidereal, who retained his affection for his sifu even after joining the other Siddies up at the Big Boat in the Sky.

It's not even really much of a stretch. I'm sorta hoping Ten's not a Siddie now, just because it would make everything too simple. I'm hoping Ten's REAL backstory hits me outta left field.
He just needs to be a really really awesome martial artist to be called sifu by a young sidereal... but still...

You know, I really like the idea that the yellow eyes guy is a Sidereal and Ten isn't. It meshes rather well with the notion that Misho is Secret's alter ego.

The student-teacher relationship between them could be more sentimental than practical. Perhaps the kid was Ten's charge since very young and Ten was a parental figure of his. Even if the kid Exalted as a Sidereal and soon surpassed Ten's mastery of martial arts, he couldn't address Ten as nothing else. I doubt Ten would allow something like "Dad" or such.

Shit. I'm running on and on with this theory. Gah.

To throw things off for yous peoples, do keep in mind that Sidereals, and martial artists in all Exalted, are encouraged to always treat their first Sifu as a Sifu, even long after they have surpassed them. It's conceivable that Ten taught this one a long time ago, and that the boy is simply showing proper respect.

No question that the kid's a Sidereal, though. Waaaay too decked out as a Journeys to not be. Plus, he even has RDs.

How is he decked out as a Journeys? He has a cloak and yellow eyes. So while its possible (and even likely) there is no actual evidence as for what he is.

We've seen this guy all the way in #1(panel 5), #108(last panel), #126(panel 5), #183(panel 4) and of course #203(all over)...hmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back