Keychain 121-126

ShadowDragon8685 said:
The F&FL isn't the one assigning Resonance tokens to her, though.
I was trying to illustrate the unlikelyhood of them finding a way to get Secret out of Resonance. The First and Forsaken Lion is merely a pawn in the hands of his Neverborn patron. Without that patronage, F&FL would be a lowly ghost, dreaming of his former glory as a Solar and railing at a cruel world that would allow him to fall so far. Yet the Deathlord is personally a threat to all but the oldest Lunars and Sidereals and commands armies capable of conquering all of Creation if he so chooses. Maybe when Misho can single handedly curbstomp F&FL he might have a shot at shielding an Abyssal from the eyes of the Neverborn, but not until then would it even be plausible.

Kyeudo said:
Flagg said:
Will you two get a fucking room? :roll:
I thought the point of a forum was to discuss things.
Uh, yeah. That is the accepted definition of a forum, IIRC.

Anyway, the thing that gets me - the Great Curse is, well, a curse, inherant in Solar, Lunar, Sidereal, and (arguably) Terrestrial Exaltation shards. It's been removed from Abby shards, whereupon the designers said "we need a mechanical "punish you for playing the game" element for Abbies!" and they came up with Resonance.

Resonance, however, requires some form of interaction - being viewed by a Neverborn, judged unworthy, and assigned Resonance. Interrupt the first step of interaction - being viewed - and interrupt the whole. All you need is a magical "nothing can ever magically sense you or in any way, shape, or form, scry upon you" effect, and "defenses trump attacks" takes over.

Art 5 maybe, but I still think possible to get.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Kyeudo said:
Flagg said:
Will you two get a fucking room? :roll:
I thought the point of a forum was to discuss things.
Uh, yeah. That is the accepted definition of a forum, IIRC.
His point was that this thread and subforum are about discussing KoC, not Abyssal metaphysics.

You guys are more than welcome to start a thread dedicated to this topic elsewhere, though.

They're discussing Abyssal metaphysics as relates to Keychain of Creation. If he really cared about people being off-topic, he'd have probably focused more attention on the people talking about movies in the 117-120 thread, anyway.

ShadowDragon8685 said:
Resonance, however, requires some form of interaction - being viewed by a Neverborn, judged unworthy, and assigned Resonance. Interrupt the first step of interaction - being viewed - and interrupt the whole. All you need is a magical "nothing can ever magically sense you or in any way, shape, or form, scry upon you" effect, and "defenses trump attacks" takes over.

Art 5 maybe, but I still think possible to get.
Maybe if the viewing was magical, but I think a case can be made that they are omniscient or semi-omniscient. They don't need to see you through any sort of magic, they just know.

Besides, there are a lot of problems inherent to making an artifact that can shield you from all magical sensing. First, the difficult in creating it, seeing as you need to be Essence 6 or 7 before you can even try. Second, there will be more Sidereals gunning for you than usual, as such an Artifact would throw a huge monkey wrench in their plans. Third, you'll incite the direct wrath of the Neverborn by dropping off their radar. They may just decide to send you Resonance every hour just because.

Besides, Secret couldn't act all emo if she managed to dodge Resonance, and where would be the fun in that?

Bah, this is Secret. She has an answer to Resonance. It doesn't actually work...but she seems likely to try.

"Dodge Charms?"

If only she were the Abyssal carbon-copy Eclipse... And she could find a first-edition Sidereal.

She could learn the charm that lets you Dodge the consequences of your action.

Well, why do you think secret keeps killing all those people? Otherwise we'd have seen a big resonance explosion by now, rather than a bird falling on her head.

Galen said:
Well, why do you think secret keeps killing all those people? Otherwise we'd have seen a big resonance explosion by now, rather than a bird falling on her head.
I'm just waiting to see her shout "Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!" when she takes out a group of muggers.

And that is why she does what she does if she acts cute enough some of you will commit suicide and that is something no Abyssal has done as far as I know.

I'd guess that girl with red hair in the bar is the "She" Marena was looking for. Mostly judging by her similarity to Marena and by the way she looks at Secret...

My guesses on the three others

First one: Sherlock Holmes

18180.jpg

Second one: Hercule Poirot

18611832.jpg

Fourth one: William "Jack" Frost

atouchoffrostreturn.jpg

Sherlock, Poirot and Vimes - correct! Still not right on the fourth one, though. That one is sort of hard, though. Perhaps I should have added a bottle of something...

Jukashi said:
Sherlock, Poirot and Vimes - correct! Still not right on the fourth one, though. That one is sort of hard, though. Perhaps I should have added a bottle of something...
Heh, at least I was correct on my choice.

I'm pretty sure that someone else will guess the fourth one before I get home and can look at the comic again, though...*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back