Keychain 101-105

I am once again baffled. What happened in the "POUF!" panel, exactly?

Someone (couldn't make out who) hits the Ninja Fey, but what they thought was him is actually a wooden copy, like the ones used in Naruto, so the blow dissipates the illusion and, right afterwards, the (presumably) real Ninja throws things at Misho.

Now that I was thinking, we haven't seen anyone's Anima so far (except for Ten Winds', but his is just a bunch of electrical manifestations).

Arthur said:
Now that I was thinking, we haven't seen anyone's Anima so far (except for Ten Winds', but his is just a bunch of electrical manifestations).
What!?

We have seen the bonfire-like exhibitions of Essence, but not the iconic images that burst up from the characters after the 16 Peripheral Essence level, have we?

I can't quite recall, to be honest. *Browses Keychain*

Marena's is cool. So is Misho's, but I always assumed it was a "special effect" for some of his charms, I didn't know it was his Anima.

Sorry :roll:

argh_magazine.jpg

Jukashi said:
*snipped ARGH! magazine*
He's not the only one who was confused. I figured it was a Charm special effect when combined with the bonfire and totemic when the bonfire was absent.

-cdi

cdi said:
Jukashi said:
*snipped ARGH! magazine*
He's not the only one who was confused. I figured it was a Charm special effect when combined with the bonfire and totemic when the bonfire was absent.

-cdi
Hah!

I figure it must be pretty hard to make Animas with stick figures, though.

Sorry Jukashi, I too figgered it was just a way of representing magic happening.

Completely missed Marena's though. That one was pretty cool

:x

Misho's anima is a set of 3 small circles, 1 large circle, 3 small triangles and 1 large triangle. They move around to form different symbolic representations of what he's doing, but the number and type of shapes remains constant.

Jukashi, you are too subtle for your own good, sometimes.

I overlooked Marena's, thinking it was magical backblast special effects from the Essence Cannon. And Misho's, I thought was symbolic of some kind of Charm, not his Anima.

You're a Ninja Artist! You draw Ninja Art!

Jukashi said:
Misho's anima is a set of 3 small circles, 1 large circle, 3 small triangles and 1 large triangle. They move around to form different symbolic representations of what he's doing, but the number and type of shapes remains constant.
Dude, nobody was counting the geometric effects. For all we could tell, that stuff was just how you represented Charms. There was nothing to compare it to, so why wouldn't we assume that?

I can't be the only person who got that the geometric patterns were Misho's anima. >_>

Hell, I thought that totemic displays were supposed to have critters in them of one sort or another. Triangles and circles don't seem to fit the bill (for me at least).

I thought they were something Charm specific.

no it does say in the core book that totemic anima can be complicated patterns or mandalas and such, it's just an unfortunate coincidence that (almost) anytime Misho's spent enough essence to flare his totemic anima up he's been casting a spell

Jukashi said:
Now that I know the details, and specifically what to look for, that's pretty damn cool.

-cdi

ha, looking back at the first example Jukashi gave, the way the 3 small triangles act as a targeting cursor is awesome

Smeggedoff said:
ha, looking back at the first example Jukashi gave, the way the 3 small triangles act as a targeting cursor is awesome
Holy smokes, yeah.

That is so much cooler than a fairy that shouts "Hey! Listen!" all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back