• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kaedros the Undying

Elikacheese said:
This is what I think about the 4 elements.
Air is Love

Earth is Kindness

Fire is Passion

Water is Calmness
That's pretty good. I've not put up a complete rundown of the gods but, that's pretty close. I just got home and am eating dinner so I'll get up more info on the gods in a bit.

@Xylin are you going to be creating a new IC thread for each applicant, and will other posters eventually meet up with each other?

@Xylin

How do meals work with the guards? Do all the guards eat at a time before the King and his family have their meal. Or would Herros and perhaps a few of his men join the meal while lower ranked guards stand on duty?

You'd have guards on duty eat before or after, some of the higher ranked would dine at the same time but they'd be stab different table. Someone of his station would probably join the king or not, depending on how the captain felt about the king's security.

Xylin, what is the economy like? What do we use to pay?

I accidentally posted this in overview sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
standard gold, silver, and copper

in copper:

haypenny- .5¢- loaf od bread

penny-1¢

florin-5¢ room and board at a tavern 1 night

Silver:

Silver Seren (10 piece)- 10¢- room & board @ good inn for you and horse

Silver Elest- (Bit) 30¢

Silver Stag (half-piece)- 50¢

Silver Lendesh- 100¢ (Half-Crown) -6 month's pay for labor

Gold:

Gold Seren (Crown)- 200¢

Gold Elest (Farthing)- 300¢- buy a house, a small one

Gold Stag (Half-Sovereign/ Queen)- 500¢- buy an okay horse

Gold Lendesh (Sovereign/ King) - 1000¢- buy a good horse

I was literraly going to type in an action for Leo to bring the girl to the king before you entered the guard thing Xylin ;-;

That's all right, I'm kinda hurrying everyone along. I want everyone before the king quickly. There's a foul plot afoot.

@Xylin I'm looking to join, and need your opinion on something. For the charatcer I've got planned, what would be the most accurate combination for things such as Body Empowering magic. For example; forcing a massive amount of adrenaline release to essentially make one stronger or faster, making your metabolism faster to speed healing, purge poisons ect.

Or would things like that not be possible?

It could, as adrenaline is a chemical your brain releases. I would think though, that if you force your body to produce it to increase strength & speed, then you're going to suffer for it later by crashing, like one would after too much caffeine and no sleep.

@Xylin Of course, it'd come with a drawback later, but I'm questioning how I'd made spells like that in your magic system.

Your character would probably have to focus for a few minutes and have some cantrip that relates to speed, and strength, basically something that gets the blood pumping and the adrenaline flowing. It would also depend on whether or not your character is in doing something dangerous. The more dangerous the situation, the less Focus time needed. So I'd say when there's nothing dangerous at all, he'd need about 3 minutes. In a bar fight, probably about a minute, in the middle of a battle, probably about 5. In a life or death situation, probably instant.

Are the glass dwellers going to be an option to play? They seem really interesting and some desert based rp would also be fun.

The Glass Dwellers hardly ever leave the desert but it'd be interesting to see them outside of it. They do speak their own language and they really only recognize one god: Ashamanti, the sun god. Also, the Glass Dwellers have very interesting notions about interpersonal relationships. They call it the sharing of fire and the society is matriarchal in that you trace your lineage down through your mother. You might not know who your father is, and that's not very important as your father might be from another tribe, or someone lost in the Desert. You learn what you need to know from your mother's family.

And sharing of fire is something that isn't frowned upon for life is fleeting and passions are allowed to be expressed. There is marriage-of sorts, but more of a pact between two people that they will share their fire with only each other. But you can also make a pack that you will share your evening supper with yet another person, you can make a pack that you shall only bathe with yet another person. Making a life-long pack isn't important nor is it expected. Sometimes people just stay together but there's not always a formal marriage. They wouldn't understand a young woman and a young man remaining virgins until they get married. That is waste of perfectly good fire to be shared and spread around.

Xylin said:
The Glass Dwellers hardly ever leave the desert but it'd be interesting to see them outside of it. They do speak their own language and they really only recognize one god: Ashamanti, the sun god. Also, the Glass Dwellers have very interesting notions about interpersonal relationships. They call it the sharing of fire and the society is matriarchal in that you trace your lineage down through your mother. You might not know who your father is, and that's not very important as your father might be from another tribe, or someone lost in the Desert. You learn what you need to know from your mother's family.
And sharing of fire is something that isn't frowned upon for life is fleeting and passions are allowed to be expressed. There is marriage-of sorts, but more of a pact between two people that they will share their fire with only each other. But you can also make a pack that you will share your evening supper with yet another person, you can make a pack that you shall only bathe with yet another person. Making a life-long pack isn't important nor is it expected. Sometimes people just stay together but there's not always a formal marriage. They wouldn't understand a young woman and a young man remaining virgins until they get married. That is waste of perfectly good fire to be shared and spread around.
That sounds super interesting! I'm all for matriarchal society as it is a pretty uncommon sight in roleplays. Is it alright if I go and make a glass dweller cs?

yep, but why is s/he in Helendorn? They never leave their desert! Is s/he going after someone who did not replay Laa and you are going to go after this person? Or maybe you owe Laa to someone and are going to repay that debt. There's a character who has recently been in the desert.

Xylin said:
yep, but why is s/he in Helendorn? They never leave their desert! Is s/he going after someone who did not replay Laa and you are going to go after this person? Or maybe you owe Laa to someone and are going to repay that debt. There's a character who has recently been in the desert.
Hmm, maybe going to look for a person to repay Laa to, I don't know the story of the person who was in the desert but maybe someone helped the Glass Dweller and they wish to repay it as custom by their people.

Would there be an option to do more rp in the desert as well? Or would the setting be mainly Helendorn?

They will be leaving Helendorn and there's a good chance they will make their way into the desert.

@Xylin I'm getting dizzy with everything. This is my first time jumping into an RP fashioned in this way...

Help? xD

Also... I wanna make sorta like a good guy with a major plot twist! Or like, a Helosian defecting to Dornos because of past trauma. Did I get that right? >w<

And is it possible to have an Oriental-themed character?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back