• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Is The Demon Lord A Myth [Arcanepunk High Fantasy]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
When Sasha took her leave to speak with Lady Aevith, Ephelina smiled and waved as she said: "Hope to see you at the festival!" As she passed Gerard, Ephelina muttered: "Hmm. You look familiar. Could be one of the Abalithe locals? Or maybe someone from long ago. Anyways, I need to wrap the ceremony up so we can get on with the festival."

Ephelina went back to the front to finish processing blessings. Once she was through with all the blessings, there was a final dance that not only featured all dancers, but the followers could also partake in the dance. [Melody] A large part of the crowd participated merrily. The dance began to move the people outside with Ephelina leading the parade towards the adventurer's guild. But before exiting the temple, Ephelina's hair graduality returned to it's brown color as she entered the late afternoon sunlight.

As the parade made it's way through the city, there were many onlookers. Many very curious as events of this kind were only usual for the festivals of lesser known deities. The festivals for larger deities tended to be more formal and less "fun", at least when it came to the capital. Of course, in rural areas and in places like Abalithe festivals for larger deities were more like festivals and less like long ceremonies.

Eventually, the parade got to the adventurer's guild which was maybe a ten minute walk from the temple. At training ground number three, everything was already set up with plenty of seating, many food stalls and even some game stalls. At the front, there was a stage for entertainment. Off to the side but pretty far to the front was a seat for Ephelina and possible entourage such as the two clergy of the other ogre deities, elected assistants to the shrine and community leaders.

As the dancing ended, the crowd dispersed to down their own things at the festival. Ephelina handed out tokens to the poorest of the community for free food and a card for three free games at the game stall. The token also enabled to do games at a discounted price. There were however plenty of games that were part of the festival such as tug of war, running games and the highlight in which teams would build huts and jump on opponents huts to try to bring them down.

Ephelina continued to go around to talk with people.

Prodigy Adventurer
Calcifer A. Bernhard
Festival Blues
Festival Grounds

Calcifer found himself pulled into song and dance, though he looked rather out of place. His straight faced expression and dull eyes expressed no enjoyment with doing so. For the most part, his participation was that of clapping lazily along with the others. The walk towards the Adventurer's Guild was a short 10 minute commute. In the end, Calcifer was glad it had ended with the people dispersing to their own devices, and allowed Calcifer to remain in that regal solitude he so desperately loved. In time, the young man found himself face to face with an associate.

High Priestess Elphelina.

It wouldn't kill him to make an attempt at small talk, he supposed. Nor would it be a total drag compared to most of the day had been. The only highlight for him was Rurra's words, which continued to run on repeat in his ears. The Demon King would return... He would make sure he faced the Demon King, no matter what it took. There was nothing that would stop him from achieving his goals..

"Elphelina." Calcifer greeted her with a nod, placing one hand over his side and giving a formal bow to her once he caught her attention.

"I'm sure you're enjoying the festivities. I have still yet to immerse myself, it seems... I'll find something that will kill my time until the next job, though. Standing around seems so useless when there's contracts to be taken up, I'd like to think." He sighed as he crossed his arms. Observing the festival with his dull eyes.

Interactions: TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen

Code by Serobliss

Daylight Fantasy Daylight Fantasy Ginko The Mushishi Ginko The Mushishi Moonberry Moonberry TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen

Rys and Ria wondered around the guild hall enjoying the festivities and the food, while occasionally looking at the job board for a task that needed their particular skills. However they made not of those that had showed up and so the Elf man Mercer, they easily spotted Gerard and Kyros, and the strangely appeared Calcifer.

โ€œThat one definitely has an intense look about him, maybe he wants to be Rurraโ€™s champion or somethingโ€ Ria stated

โ€œMaybe, but I think itโ€™s more of a status ideal, hopefully he doesnโ€™t turn out to be a jerkโ€ Rys added

โ€œI still donโ€™t see the other priestess, the one that had only her left armโ€ Ria replied

โ€œHer name is Sasha, and I agree, she doesnโ€™t seem to be here, perhaps she didnโ€™t want to come after all, or sheโ€™s really good at hidingโ€ Rys stated

The two girls continued their mingling as they went around looking at people and barely chatting unless they were adventurers.

Sasha had indeed not shown up yetโ€ฆ

Watching Sasha as she walked off from the corner of his eye, Mercher didn't bother engaging much into festivities. Looking around the festival, Mercher thought that he stood out like a sore thumb considering his status. With no interest in interacting with the others around him, Mercher made his way to search for a more reserved and quiet area of the festival when he saw some of the others made their way. He'd thought about going back into the forest but quickly shook the idea, considering the possible outcome that he'd may be coming out of the forest far past the festival's end.

In the end, he spots a small clearing near an adventurer's guild. A small wave of relief washed over him as he Make his way to his destination when he saw Elphelina with a rather dull male together in the corner of his eye. Nodding a bit in respect, he continued his way out.

Ephelina was soon approached by Calcifer, a believer who occasionally stopped by the city shrine. In fact, it was possible Calcifer's entire family were followers of Rurra. He greeted her and tried some small talk, expressing that he had time to kill until his next contract. Ephelina wondered if Calcifer considered becoming Rurra's champion. "Is that so? I've been wondering whether you are interested in the Rurra's champion thing. I am not saying you are chosen, but I think you'd be a candidate." Ephelina said.

Ephelina then saw the two beastkin girls and smiled, waving to them. "Aren't those girls adorable. A keen eye would identify them as beastkin, but all sentient species are equal in Rurra's eyes. That is what I don't understand about some of the clergy of the main deities. They have abandoned the word of Aevith and think orcs, ogres and beastkin are lesser beings even though humans and elves are the more fragile species." She said. The thought made her think of Sasha. Sasha's absence made her worry a little. It gave her an idea as she tried to wave over the beastkin girls. She'd have them go look for Sasha for her if they were willing.

Mercher the elf was spotted near a clearing near the guild. He nodded towards Ephelina before continuing towards the forest. Ephelina wondered why he was heading towards the forest as they had originally planned to help heal the little wind deity during the festival.

Ephelina was soon approached by Calcifer, a believer who occasionally stopped by the city shrine. In fact, it was possible Calcifer's entire family were followers of Rurra. He greeted her and tried some small talk, expressing that he had time to kill until his next contract. Ephelina wondered if Calcifer considered becoming Rurra's champion. "Is that so? I've been wondering whether you are interested in the Rurra's champion thing. I am not saying you are chosen, but I think you'd be a candidate." Ephelina said.

Ephelina then saw the two beastkin girls and smiled, waving to them. "Aren't those girls adorable. A keen eye would identify them as beastkin, but all sentient species are equal in Rurra's eyes. That is what I don't understand about some of the clergy of the main deities. They have abandoned the word of Aevith and think orcs, ogres and beastkin are lesser beings even though humans and elves are the more fragile species." She said. The thought made her think of Sasha. Sasha's absence made her worry a little. It gave her an idea as she tried to wave over the beastkin girls. She'd have them go look for Sasha for her if they were willing.

Mercher the elf was spotted near a clearing near the guild. He nodded towards Ephelina before continuing towards the forest. Ephelina wondered why he was heading towards the forest as they had originally planned to help heal the little wind deity during the festival.

Rys and Ria avoided most of the festivities after getting their fill of food as they searched for the representative of the assassins guild, but they saw that Ephelina was beginning them over and they approached her cautiously.

โ€œHow can we help you Lady Ephelina?โ€ Rys asked

Ria stood next to her sister quietly as she looked at the priestess, still on the fence about trusting her.

Sasha in the meantime was in the midst of an argument with a bishop at the cathedral.

โ€œIโ€™m sorry Bishop, but I am going, I have an old friend to meetโ€ Sasha stated

Last edited:
Prodigy Adventurer
Calcifer A. Bernhard
Festival Blues
Festival Grounds

"If you'd expect me to pass on the offer of being a candidate I would say you might have a few loose screws." Calcifer commented with a smirk.
"Yes, I will be attending as a candidate. That I get the chance to prove my abilities capable of taking down the Demon Lord, is worth every bit of hard work I've tended towards since I was the youngest adventurer in my Clan. All I can ask for is Rurra's noble blessing."

Calcifer gleaned towards the two beastkin Elphelina mentioned, and looked down at her as she spoke. "I do not condone or consider any species lesser than myself. I suppose I have Rurra and my own Clan to thank for such a viewpoint. Perhaps other deities are just narrow-minded." Calcifer concluded.

When Rys and Ria were called over, Calcifer remained rather stationary. Not an inch in his body moved as he watched them. His dull eyes scanned them over with mild interest into what skills they held. Perhaps he could acquire some understanding of their skills through their choice of clothing, or perhaps any weapons present on their person. While observing them all he could glean from their attire were that they were merchants.

They wore clothes that modestly hid most of their features, he wasn't sure if he was staring at a clothes rack- or actual people. All the same, he gave them a curt nod to show his professionalism. If Ephelina speaks true that these two girls were beastkin: Calcifer wouldn't have cared to notice.

Interactions: TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

Code by Serobliss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back