• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Sorry @jaydude - maths error. We need to give 1/5 of our Peripheral pool (8 each) so that 7*8 is 56. Was plainly asleep this morning.

Of course, if Fat Cat spends all but 2 motes, then that will be much more than we need, but I don't know if Glade can know that.
I don't know how much Essence my character has available to him. I'm flying blind here.

Chowlett Chowlett I am understanding, at best, half of this shop talk ("JB?" "10s?" etc.), but I hope you find an alternate path to get what you want if you can't get this? Best of luck? =)

Psychie Psychie I am certain that my math on my character sheet is wrong. I don't know how much Essence I have available.

I would like O Mighty Fat Cat to spend all but two available Essence into opening the gate? Is that feasible?
I'm away from home and my books at the moment, but I'll check what you are supposed to have for Essence two mote-wise when I'm home.

I'm away from home and my books at the moment, but I'll check what you are supposed to have for Essence two mote-wise when I'm home.
Thanks!

I will know the answers to the following later, I'm sure, but right now... I don't know whether to give all but 2 Essence (I've forgotten how you get it back) or to give the equal amount suggested by my fellow PCs here. If for some reason O Mighty Fat Cat can't add at least his share of Essence, perhaps I can ask about spending some of our 25 XP reward in that direction (is that a thing?).

Essence is like PPE or ISP in Palladium; it recovers naturally over time. IIRC out of combat it is something like 5 to 8 motes an hour. In combat it is a little different with you getting 5m back every turn.

I want to be generous without leaving the Circle without the means to get the heck out of here quickly should the need arise. =)

Also just to let everyone know, I'm taking a few days to head out of town for a long weekend. I'm bringing my computer, but I don't know how much posing time I'll have until Monday.

Also just to let everyone know, I'm taking a few days to head out of town for a long weekend. I'm bringing my computer, but I don't know how much posing time I'll have until Monday.
Psychie Psychie Have a great time even if you don't post anything, Psychie. Life is to be lived! 8D

I see that the question of how many motes of Essence that Fat Cat has was not yet answered. Here are the numbers from the book:

For a Lunar, Personal Motes are (15 + Essence), so in your case, that's now 17.
Peripheral Motes are (34 + [Essence x 4]), so that gives Fat Cat 42 motes.

Your committed Essence from artifacts comes out of your Peripheral motes, so they lock up however many motes that they require.

I've realised I could take Glade in a number of different directions now. I've got a bunch of regular XP saved up - enough for 4 favoured charms with some left over. So options would seem to include:

* Stealth-for-sneaking. Mental Invisibility Technique would make Glade even less noticeable, perfect for infiltrations; but I'm not sure that's going to come up too much - solo missions in a PbP game seem like they might not work that well. Or might work better, I guess. 🤷
* Stealth-for-fighting. Shadow Victor‘s Repose and its chain, and Blurred Form Style would make Glade an even more ridiculous initial-strike monster.
* Awareness, for scouting etc. The truly daft charms start at Essence 3, though the early enhancers are still pretty good
* Athletics, for scouting etc. Graceful Crane Stance is always fun for a stealthy, arboreal character
* Melee. Glade hits stuff hard out of stealth. He could get some charms to hit even harder. But we do have a bunch of melee hard-hitters already
* Thrown - but it's not favoured. Only 2 dots atm, but that could be bumped. Hiding at slight range would let Glade launch even less expected Decisive attacks - the chain down to Swarm-Culling Instinct makes good use of high Join Battle rolls; but I can't get there right away with the ability being non-favoured, sadly. I also only have mundane Thrown weaponry.

Any thoughts?

Hm. Actually, Psychie Psychie , the idea of focusing on Thrown is quite appealing. I won't ask to re-stat; but would I be allowed to switch one of my Favoured abilities over if I choose to go that route? Probably Integrity, since I don't think that's come up at all?

Hm. Actually, Psychie Psychie , the idea of focusing on Thrown is quite appealing. I won't ask to re-stat; but would I be allowed to switch one of my Favoured abilities over if I choose to go that route? Probably Integrity, since I don't think that's come up at all?
I will go ahead and allow that change.

Psychie Psychie I'm not certain how much Essence Fat Cat can add because I'm not certain where to find how much it costs to attune Artifacts. The cost for the Primal Fury gloves is stated (5m). But if the cost is not stated, is it one mote per Artifact dot or what?

Per Sherwood, Fat Cat has 42 Peripheral Essence.

5 motes (5m) - Primal Fury Moonsilver Gloves.
5m (? Brilliant Manifold, a 5-dot Moonsilver Artifact with +1 Merit cost for the howdah.
4m (?) Gem of Incomparable Wellness (socketed in Brilliant Manifold).

Also what is the grand total of XP (both normal and Exalted XP) we have gained thus far? I don't trust my notes on that matter.

Psychie Psychie I'm not certain how much Essence Fat Cat can add because I'm not certain where to find how much it costs to attune Artifacts. The cost for the Primal Fury gloves is stated (5m). But if the cost is not stated, is it one mote per Artifact dot or what?

Per Sherwood, Fat Cat has 42 Peripheral Essence.

5 motes (5m) - Primal Fury Moonsilver Gloves.
5m (? Brilliant Manifold, a 5-dot Moonsilver Artifact with +1 Merit cost for the howdah.
4m (?) Gem of Incomparable Wellness (socketed in Brilliant Manifold).

Also what is the grand total of XP (both normal and Exalted XP) we have gained thus far? I don't trust my notes on that matter.
The Gemstone of Incomparable Wellness is only a 3m commitment, but other than that, your numbers are correct for a total of 13m tied up in your artifacts.

Whoops! Forgot to answer this. I have an xp tracker posted in the intro post of the Character thread, but here it is again.

Xp Tracker: 50
Lunar Xp: 16
Solar Xp: 16

Whoops! Forgot to answer this. I have an xp tracker posted in the intro post of the Character thread, but here it is again.

Xp Tracker: 50
Lunar Xp: 16
Solar Xp: 16
Oh, right! I knew that once. Thanks! I'll be getting sleep as soon as my mind winds down. =)

Psychie Psychie
As the two Exalts begin to channel Essence into the gate, the runes begin to glow, softly at first from the motes put into it from Grey Stone, then somewhat brighter as Amara adds her own energy to the mix.

Purr Purr Did you want Fat Cat to add his own eight motes to the gate?
Yes. Eight motes. Good advice given from a good guy. =)

Psychie Psychie Holy wowzercows! I have 35 regular xp to spend and now that we're Essence 2, our options have increased. Yay! =)

Any thoughts?
Chowlett Chowlett I meant to reply to this. If Glade's stealth abilities are sufficient, well, are there any holes in his role as a stealth-based Solar? For example, how is his Perception and related abilities?

Well, I went the thrown route. Purchased Thrown 3, and 4 Thrown charms, leaving me 4 normal XP spare.

Chowlett Chowlett I meant to reply to this. If Glade's stealth abilities are sufficient, well, are there any holes in his role as a stealth-based Solar? For example, how is his Perception and related abilities?

I roll 9 dice on Perception + Awareness, +1 in low light. The Awareness charms... didn't really grab me, at least not until Essence 3. My Athletics could be better, for getting into unexpected locations - but from a metagame perspective Stealth like that is a very one-person thing, potentially leaving the rest of you twiddling your thumbs. I'm still decent at it, mind - Dex + Ath is 7 dice, and the Monkey Stone does much of the what the charm Graceful Crane Stance does in letting me go aerial safely.

So I've gone for even sillier opening combat rounds. The cap of my chain, at the moment, is that I can further enhance my Join Battle rolls; and if by so doing I act before every enemy in the scene, then I can open up with Thrown attacks at 5 of them, interleaving Decisive and Withering as I see fit.

Well, I went the thrown route. Purchased Thrown 3, and 4 Thrown charms, leaving me 4 normal XP spare.

I roll 9 dice on Perception + Awareness, +1 in low light. The Awareness charms... didn't really grab me, at least not until Essence 3. My Athletics could be better, for getting into unexpected locations - but from a metagame perspective Stealth like that is a very one-person thing, potentially leaving the rest of you twiddling your thumbs. I'm still decent at it, mind - Dex + Ath is 7 dice, and the Monkey Stone does much of the what the charm Graceful Crane Stance does in letting me go aerial safely.

So I've gone for even sillier opening combat rounds. The cap of my chain, at the moment, is that I can further enhance my Join Battle rolls; and if by so doing I act before every enemy in the scene, then I can open up with Thrown attacks at 5 of them, interleaving Decisive and Withering as I see fit.
If I understand what I'm reading, all that seems pretty wicked! Glad Glade is on our side! =)

So we should be on the lookout for Thrown artifacts? Perhaps artifacts that return to the user or something cool like that?

That sure makes for an icky first post in a fight. Nice.
Hey Bud! What do you mean by icky? Icky as in bad for the bad guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back