• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
As the mountain approaches, Glade cannot help by stare at in in awe. This far east, the jungle below is thicker and lusher than any even he has seen; and the juxtaposition between that and the majestic mountain fortress is truly mind-bending.

Del's words shake him from his reverie. Leaning forwards as well, Glade scratches behind Fat Cat Bus's ear in reassurance. "This is not my country, my friend. I suggest you follow Del's advice."

He looks somewhat wistfully at the untracked forest below. "I shall tread that later. If Sol Invictus wishes it, at least", he murmurs.

Aredin nods with Glade's statement. "Ordinarily, I'd like to be seen landing at their equivalent to a public port. That said, all the back and forth to obscure the scouting team from the diplomatic team would be annoying. Either way, living on a flying mountain I can't help but assume guests are much more of a rare sight here than in most locales. We're just gonna have to deal with standing out one way or another." He concludes with a shrug.

Hearing the sage advice of two among his Circle, O Mighty Fat Cat Bus nods with a grin. With a nimble gentleness only cats and few other creatures know, the Lunar scouts out the best aerial route to come in on. Then he lands as quietly as he can, his four wings flapping as little as possible as he makes his gliding approach. He only breaks off if he notices danger - a thing he is looking all over for, not only with his given senses, but with his Luna-bestowed Charms.

The mighty Fat Cat Express soars closer to the floating mountain to find a place on the slope that is open enough to be able to safety land. Spot found, the Lunar warrior sets down with hardly a sound to allow his passengers to dismount. Those with at least two dots of Survival will be able to note that while there is a healthy amount of birds making their homes in the trees, there are very few traces of the usual small animal life that you would expect to see in such heavy growth of trees. Other than that, everything appears to be normal.

From your current position, you are about a half mile walk to the outer edge of the village to be able to make contact with the locals with your landing point being roughly halfway up the mountain.

Sherwood Sherwood Rykon Rykon Chowlett Chowlett jaydude jaydude Purr Purr Eonivar Eonivar
How are you splitting up?

OOC: Can I judge why there aren't so many small animals? Is it just that the mountain is in the air, so there's no landbridge to the ground? Surely some would have been picked up with the mountain... any signs of, say, large predators that would be suppressing the population?

"So, we are to find ingress to the inside of this mountain. Do you have any starting point, Del? And can any of us keep in touch with the other group?"

Also OOC: Hm, maybe I should take Infallible Messenger... it's not a charm, so I can afford it using Solar XP

OOC: Can I judge why there aren't so many small animals? Is it just that the mountain is in the air, so there's no landbridge to the ground? Surely some would have been picked up with the mountain... any signs of, say, large predators that would be suppressing the population?

"So, we are to find ingress to the inside of this mountain. Do you have any starting point, Del? And can any of us keep in touch with the other group?"

Also OOC: Hm, maybe I should take Infallible Messenger... it's not a charm, so I can afford it using Solar XP
From what you have been told, the large predators are probably the locals themselves. Before they were able to start cultivating their own food, they needed something to eat so they hunted what wildlife that got stuck on the mountain with them.

Del runs her hand through her hair, saying, "I lack the ability to contact others remotely. To be honest, it may behoove us to check with the locals about this instead of spitting up. If there are any leads on how to get into the Titan, they may be the best place to start out with. Perhaps they have had contact with the spirit of the Titan to be able to get inside."

Filial lets out a snort. "I thought you had the info for all of this, and now we have to find a way to locate the entrance. Typical. Well, fine. Where is this spirit that you want to talk to, oh mighty sage of wisdom? Do you at least know that?" He has the look of a man that doesn't expect an answer.

Aredin gives Filial an unappreciative glare at the untimely mockery. "Assuming they do know, why would they tell outsiders and why wouldn't they have activated the place themselves?"

He then turns to Delilah with a thoughtful expression to replace the scowl. "Well, there's an interesting thought... After all, there's one way that always works for contacting spirits. Prayer. The challenge is hearing back from them. So, if we wanna take that route, we'll need a proper ritual and offering worthy enough to wake up the spirit. I don't have much on me that would be ideal for this, but I can see what I can do in a pinch. However, we have Gray Stone as our Zenith Priest and Glade as a Shaman. Surely stirring up enough essence with a Prayer ritual won't be that difficult with both of you here."

jaydude jaydude Chowlett Chowlett

Ignoring the jab from Filial, Del says, “I can help with a ritual to contact the spirit. It is a part of my Exaltation to deal with spirits. It shouldn’t be too difficult to do.”

Aredin gives Filial an unappreciative glare at the untimely mockery. "Assuming they do know, why would they tell outsiders and why wouldn't they have activated the place themselves?"

He then turns to Delilah with a thoughtful expression to replace the scowl. "Well, there's an interesting thought... After all, there's one way that always works for contacting spirits. Prayer. The challenge is hearing back from them. So, if we wanna take that route, we'll need a proper ritual and offering worthy enough to wake up the spirit. I don't have much on me that would be ideal for this, but I can see what I can do in a pinch. However, we have Gray Stone as our Zenith Priest and Glade as a Shaman. Surely stirring up enough essence with a Prayer ritual won't be that difficult with both of you here."

"I should think not," Grey Stone said. "Otherwise, as a Zenith, I also have the authority to command spirits to appear before me. But where to carry out such a ritual, or issue such a command..."

Essence: 2
Personal Essence: 11/16
Peripheral Essence: 40/40
Anima: Dim
Committed Essence: 5 (Faith's Pillar)

Willpower: 7/7
Join Battle: 5
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks
Faith's Pillar (10 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 18, Overwhelming 5, Bashing, Melee, Reaching, Smashing, Two-Handed)
Unarmed (13 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 15, Overwhelming 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural)

Actions
Rush: 6
Disengage: 6

Evasion 4, Parry 4
Soak/Hardness: 4/0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back