• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Ikigai - Another Oriental / Fantasy RP

gozu:
356991176064237568.png

do you thinking making them hold their pee in for eternity is a viable form of torture?

oh talk strategies or shit while in a bath/onsen because plot talk seems to happen a lot in onsen in manga >.>
But why do I have a feeling that Gozu would be more likely to go around jumpscaring people with his oxhead mask?

gozu:
356991176064237568.png

do you thinking making them hold their pee in for eternity is a viable form of torture?
—or that

You know, the scary thing is that after like 8 or so years together, Akito would see this as normal talk and go along with it :'D

Last edited:
i mean he could always create the feeling of needing to pee in the people he needs to punish... they just can't ever pee
357743747208970241.png

btw nano it's ox. mezu's the horse

I mean...Shigeru's and Kaede's first meeting was Kaede accidentally making a very convincing impression of a vengeful swamp ghost lady //bricked

I really want to doodle that out but I have to get all the RP info out of the way first ; u ;

Oh, but I think I might run into some problems because inugami aren't really ayakashi right, since they're man-made? Lol Does anyone have a character who's unscrupulous enough to dabble in curses? Or should I make an onmyouji instead... What is the ratio of onmyouji to ayakashi atm?

Oh, but I think I might run into some problems because inugami aren't really ayakashi right, since they're man-made? Lol Does anyone have a character who's unscrupulous enough to dabble in curses? Or should I make an onmyouji instead... What is the ratio of onmyouji to ayakashi atm?

One of the families handles curses and chants. I'll get that thread up shortly this week. As for ratio... I'm not too sure. It seems pretty even for now?

Aster, mono, Pyo, Birb, and I are all making two characters with each being one human and one yokai afaik. With two more humans and two more yokai, the current ratio is spot on even.

EDIT: nvm there's one more yokai than humans. i didn't see Gizaira's post ;;;;;

inugami are ayakashi because while they're "man-made" they're not artificial yokai. it's just that humans are the ones who fill in all the reqs that is called for a inugami's birth.

inugami are ayakashi because while they're "man-made" they're not artificial yokai. it's just that humans are the ones who fill in all the reqs that is called for a inugami's birth.
Continuing on my first explanation. There's a difference between shiki and ayakashi. Shiki are artificial spirits who rely on the human to stay alive. Ayakashi are natural organic spirits that are born from the earth or some other natural substance. In the inugami's case it's a dead starved dog. In a tsukumogami's case it's an object that's been abandoned for...a century I believe?

Oh I see... That's a pretty interesting distinction. So would an artificial yokai be like one of those creepy lanky masked people from Natsume Yuujinchou? And if Inugami are not shiki, would it be possible for one to turn on the human who brought it into existence?

Continuing on my first explanation. There's a difference between shiki and ayakashi. Shiki are artificial spirits who rely on the human to stay alive. Ayakashi are natural organic spirits that are born from the earth or some other natural substance. In the inugami's case it's a dead starved dog. In a tsukumogami's case it's an object that's been abandoned for...a century I believe?

/round of applause for Birb's explanation o 7o)/

Oh I see... That's a pretty interesting distinction. So would an artificial yokai be like one of those creepy lanky masked people from Natsume Yuujinchou? And if Inugami are not shiki, would it be possible for one to turn on the human who brought it into existence?
technically but you gotta remember that their whole theme is LOYALTY. Especially since dogs are symbols of loyalty towards their masters. Personally I don't think an inugami would fit well into this rp because of how dependent they are on their masters. It might look cute on paper but it's actually a pretty unhealthy relationship even if it might not be necessarily toxic. It can be interesting to plot out but at the same time it makes people uncomfy and you have to be able to write it well. The GM will probably also want a VERY good explanation to convince her. o/ That's my opinion anyway. Good luck tho u w u7 Researching is hell just by itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back