• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic IGPX IG-1: Second Wave [IGPX themed RP] [Detail-Oriented]

FabulousTrash

aaaaaaaaaaaa
So, theres this old-ish anime called IGPX, formally known as the "Immortal Grand Prix"

Essentially, it was a fusion between mech racing and mech fighting. Mechs look different based on the positioned played, but the general look is this

upload_2017-5-9_11-56-45.jpeg
tl798505.jpg
1608acdeb83d86a1945ed239d4c499aa.jpg

humanoid posture with blades as feet and thrusters on the back.

The way a race works out is that (and I quote the wiki here):

"
An IGPX race consists of two teams of three pilots: a forward (usually places first or second), a midfielder (usually places third or fourth), and a defender (usually places fifth or sixth). They compete on a 60-mile (97 km) track, going at speeds upwards of 400 mph (640 km/h). The overall objective is to make it to the finish line and accumulate more points than the opponent. 1st place receives 15 points; 2nd receives 7 points; 3rd gets 5 points; 4th gets 3 points; 5th gets 2 points and 6th gets 1 point. No points are awarded to pilots who are unable to finish the race.

Lap one is basically a "setup" lap. Teams set up their positions on the track and troubleshoot any problems that the mechs may be having. In the second lap, also known as the "battle round", the teams now fight their way to the finish line. The pit machines, also known as the "running skeletons", are only employed during this lap. Each skeleton is designed to hold two people, one being the mechanic that fixes the mech, and has an open center that allows the mech to be held between the two cockpits while the parts for each mech are stored along the sides for quick replacement. However, the running skeleton can only be called on once for each team throughout the race. In the third lap, pilots are allowed to set their mechs into speed mode. Speed mode allows the mech to achieve maximum speed, and make a quick sprint to the finish line."

I want this RP to be a bit of a combination of slice-of-life and action. When it comes to races, I will control the opponents and how they act.

You can RP as the forward, mid or defense, whichever you prefer. Theres also the position of the mechanic (my character) and the pilot of the skeletons (also my character since I"ll be controlling NPCs).

Theres are other roles such as strategists and team manager which you guys can play as. In terms of the racing and combat parts though, I'll be mostly in control of the NPCs

Part of the reason why I'm controlling so many characters is that I've learned (both from experience and learning) that if you let people control other somewhat important characters or NPCs, things get really crazy and out of control. So sorry if you were looking forward to playing as someone other than the racers.

While you will be allowed to create your characters, I'll be deciding how your mechs turn out and work. Again, for the sake of control. Overpowered mechs = bullshit.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you're interested ^~^

Last edited:
An oldy but definitely a goody,I'm definitely interested in this one,and I'm really glad to see someone taking the initiative and interest in it as well.I look forward to joining this with you if you'll have me.

Also I can understand why you made it rule that you'll be the mechanic and NPCs' things could get pretty hectic otherwise.

An oldy but definitely a goody,I'm definitely interested in this one,and I'm really glad to see someone taking the initiative and interest in it as well.I look forward to joining this with you if you'll have me.

Also I can understand why you made it rule that you'll be the mechanic and NPCs' things could get pretty hectic otherwise.

Thanks man ^~^

Go ahead and tag people you think might also be interested :pp

I'm a casual writer not detailed but I can do at least two paragraphs if thats okay.

Otherwise count me in!

See you on game day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back