• Have to listen to immaculate sermons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crucified

• stoning

• broken at the correction will

• handed over to lyta, and her golden mirrors.

• sent hunting with dick cheney

• Burned at the stake

• Total voters
Given that there is that one Charm in Kaliedescopic Border of Logic Style that turns you into a psuedo Primordial and allows you to command gods and similar Charms exist in the Infernals' Charm set, I'd say that the power is still there.

The danger of giving orders to the gods is that they can then 'suggest' to their Exalted to attack the Primordials, and with the free will of the Exalted, if the gods were then ordered to have their followers stand down, the Exalts can tell them to stuff it and continue the attack, just like what happened in the Primordial War. Gaia and Auto were there for the fight and will remember what happened. I'm sure that neither one wants to have a repeat of that. Even considering that the Solars are currenlty much weaker than in the Primordial war, stepping on the gods' toes is one good way of getting them all to work together.

Sherwood said:
The danger of giving orders to the gods is that they can then 'suggest' to their Exalted to attack the Primordials, and with the free will of the Exalted, if the gods were then ordered to have their followers stand down, the Exalts can tell them to stuff it and continue the attack, just like what happened in the Primordial War. Gaia and Auto were there for the fight and will remember what happened. I'm sure that neither one wants to have a repeat of that. Even considering that the Solars are currenlty much weaker than in the Primordial war, stepping on the gods' toes is one good way of getting them all to work together.
Jukashi said:
That's something that I wonder. Do Auto and Gaia, as whole primordials, still have the power to just tell the gods to shut up and sit down? Obviously they wouldn't, what with all the Exalts out there ready to get up in their business, but could they?
Emphasis mine.

So yes, while it is indeed possible for the remaining Primordials to throw their weight around, it's a better idea for them not to. Like how technically the Queen of England has the power to order Australia around on paper, but the reality is that we'd become a republic by week's end.

I hope. I mean, we've done some pretty silly stuff to keep our monarchy.

Jukashi said:
That's something that I wonder. Do Auto and Gaia, as whole primordials, still have the power to just tell the gods to shut up and sit down? Obviously they wouldn't, what with all the Exalts out there ready to get up in their business, but could they?
Thanqol said:
Emphasis mine.
So yes, while it is indeed possible for the remaining Primordials to throw their weight around, it's a better idea for them not to. Like how technically the Queen of England has the power to order Australia around on paper, but the reality is that we'd become a republic by week's end.

I hope. I mean, we've done some pretty silly stuff to keep our monarchy.
Does she, now? I don't even think she has the power to order any GB subjects around, much less Australians.

As I understand it, the British monarchy is in the business of being ceremonial and granting honours to deserving individuals. Any attempt to exert further power should likely provoke a constitutional crisis--or abolition of the monarchy altogether. Now, whether there may be circumstances where the constitutional crisis may favor the monarchy seizing more power...

strawberryleaves said:
Does she, now? I don't even think she has the power to order any GB subjects around, much less Australians.

As I understand it, the British monarchy is in the business of being ceremonial and granting honours to deserving individuals. Any attempt to exert further power should likely provoke a constitutional crisis--or abolition of the monarchy altogether. Now, whether there may be circumstances where the constitutional crisis may favor the monarchy seizing more power...
That's... exactly what I said. She technically does have that power. But in reality, any attempt to use it would mean a republic in days.

Just like how Gaia could technically order Luna to do her laundry (not that she could trust Luna not to steal her panties), but if she starts throwing her weight around in Heaven the Gods will do something about it quick-smart.

Indeed, although since the maidens are the only gods to still have much influence on their exalted does this give them a political advantage? Could make for an interesting power play on their part (100 exalted verse the US anyone) perhaps that's why they have their exalted study martial arts so intensely...

Thanqol said:
That's... exactly what I said. She technically does have that power. But in reality, any attempt to use it would mean a republic in days.
Just like how Gaia could technically order Luna to do her laundry (not that she could trust Luna not to steal her panties), but if she starts throwing her weight around in Heaven the Gods will do something about it quick-smart.
Sorry I wasn't being clear.

I don't think she technically has those powers anymore. However, the law isn't completely clear that she doesn't. Is that better, or am I still as clear as Boston Harbor?

(Bonus points to those who understand the twenty-year-old reference.) :mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back