• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Hogwarts? [Interest Check/Plotting]

A Convenient Poll for Plot Deciding Purposes (You have 3 votes- vote once for each category please)

• We should just do a normal HP rp, thank you! (Plot)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Darker" rp, please! (Plot)

• I'd join, but I don't want to do an intermediate-advanced rp. Something more casual, please! (Level)

• Intermediate to advanced, not casual, thank you! (Level)

• Let's all start out with first-years! (Characters)

• Let's all start out as not-first-years! (Characters)

• This should be a forum rp, and should combine ideas. (If picked, don't vote on anything else)

• The group should've been created before the rp starts

• The group should be created during the rp

• There should be a min villain

• There should not be a main villain

• NOTE: DO NOT VOTE FOR ANYTHING BUT THE LAST 4 CHOICES, EVERYTHING ELSE HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED

• Total voters

kibou

ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, I have a few very vague ideas that I want to use in a Harry Potter rp set in Hogwarts some time after the events of the series.

It will take place long enough after HP that it will be an all OC rp (and also, I'd rather not have ocs be related to any main/supporting characters unless it's distantly. I don't want this to be a 'children of' rp. Also as a random note the harry potter book series will exist in rp, the explanation being j.k. rowling was a witch and wanted to share Harry's important story because it'll be easier for muggle-born characters if we decide to have first years. Less explaining required IC, though obviously muggle-borns don't have to have read them because that would be unrealistic and silly??? Sorry idk).

I want some of the characters to explore the darker side of normal magic and the different ways magic can be used. For example, someone using a tickling charm to tickle someone's vital organs and other things like that. Technically it wouldn't be Dark Magic, but Magic used in a Dark way.

I had a very loose story idea about these sots of ideas occurring to an OC of mine, who becomes curious about more creative ways that normal, usually harmless magic can be used. Anyways plot things happened, but the story I came up with focused mostly on him and that doesn't really work for rps.

So, I really only have that vague idea and not a specific plot. However, that's why I had "plotting" in the thread title. I'm hoping that some other people will be able to help me on this and come up with plot/story ideas, and we could all do a fun hp rp together!

Though, I should probably say that I'd like to have the rp be intermediate-advanced, and I'm not currently looking for a very casual rp with a two-line personality. Also, so it doesn't die out I'd prefer if people who join try to post at least once every few days.

Ghost please... I need a spot... I have sat on too many not seats the past 47 days... Just one seat... Not even padded would do. Even those gross plastic things. Even those. Or maybe one of those things you get from Ikea. Hmm that would be nice. Very nice...

/Realizes he will have no real reason to go to Ikea and frowns.

i might try this

idk why i always feel like i know nothing about harry potter l o l

haha oh flubs

@Gilmoregirl12

I just wanted to point out that Ghost specifically said she would rather not have ocs closely related to characters in the book.

Her first post is really worth reading.

@Pine

I saw that it was worth asking.

If you never ask you never get any where in life and always wonder if you could of. When the time passes you wont ever know. I however would like to know if you could, no harm in asking. So no harm no foul.

Irish Ice Queen

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny-Harry-Potter-just61331-24211638-450-395.jpg
I want to join! Please tag me when it gets made!

Wooo! I'm so happy there are so many people interested.

Anyways @Gilmoregirl12 @R4 C9[/size]

It seems like so far we are in fact going to have a darker hp rp, and none of the non-NPCs (a.k.a, the characters you make) are going to be first years. Which makes it easier in terms of not having any characters that have no idea what is going on. I'd like the characters to all be around the same age, but they don't all have to be in the same year. (So, I'm going to update the poll soon)

I was thinking that my OC was going to be the first one to try experimenting using magic in the non-conventional manner, and eventually a group of students is going to be formed (or the group will have been formed). The purpose of the group will be to explore the various uses of spells in a creative manner, and possibly test them (though they'd mostly only be able to do it on, like idk, rats they catch?? in case of it being possibly deadly, that is. no one would volunteer for lethal stuff obvi) . It'll be a secret group, since obviously most people in Hogwarts wouldn't really approve of that sort of thing. Whether people join the group out of pure curiosity for this Normal Magic Being Used in a Darker Manner (name subject to change whenever), or for other reasons, it'll depend on the characters.

The character you make doesn't have to be a part of this group, it might be interesting if there's one character who's suspicious of them and/or friends with one of the members of the group whether theyre a teacher or a student.

Also, I don't have any good ideas on how the group is actually going to be formed, because my OC probably wouldn't just go around asking people.

So any ideas on that would be appreciated.

I don't think having a main central villain would be a good match for this rp, but i think occasionally having a few minor villains (i.e., the occasional troll in the dungeon, etc) would be a good idea. There's also always the risk of the group being caught/found out.

Well my character (divination teacher) would not disapprove of alternative means of magic (she is related to former death eaters none of the main ones, just one of those that were standing in the background.) so she could encourage your characters exploration of this and maybe push for your character to form the group.

just an idea

That could definitely work! Thank you, if no one else can think of anything or contributes ideas we can do that. And if they do, I'll probably think of a way to combine the ideas.

Thank you @jacunliffe ! Also, after you've read my first post please read my second, it's the third one on this page.

If you have any ideas that would be great, but if not that's fine too.

That's good, I didn't know if you'd looked at the other posts in this thread or not.

Really? ( * 0 * How'd it go?

@cloudyblueday It hasn't started yet, so it's still open!

It went well other than the main villain was super cliche and it revolved around one person. I did enjoy the elements of J.K Rowlings novel :)

That's too bad about the lame villain and attention hog but I totally agree, I love harry potter.

I mean, it's kind of obvious that I at least like it a little, lol. But, yeah.

I memorized 2 of the movies dialogue xD I recited it one day and my friends recorded it and when we watched the movie it was like 96% right haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back