• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villans

(Okay, by the way sorry for calling him Gamemaster, I mixed his name up from someone else)

Octavian looked back, groaning. "Another headache, another building blown up." He began walking away, back to his office building.

((Yes, just fill out the character sheet, post it so I can accept it, and so other Role players can see what your character is like))

Echo was freaking out. Somehow in her quest for food, she had come across these people who where certainly much stronger than her. She fluttered her wings and muttered. "All I wanted was a cracker or something"

Octavian trudged through the streets of the city, limping slightly from a leg wound he had received in battle. After a minute or so of walking to his office building he noticed Echo, and how small her frame was. He pulled out his wallet, taking out some money as he walked over to her. "Here kid, get you something to eat, you're practically a skeleton." He said a worried look on his face. "What, cant villains be nice sometimes too?" He thought to himself.

Echo squeaked in terror, staring up at Octavian. Her silver wings flared behind her, glowing slightly. "D-don't kill me?!" She shrieked, hiding her face with her hands. "Wait, that's not a human battle cry is it..." She thought.

Octavian stared at her, and her wings half in fascination, half in compassion. "No, of course I'm not going to kill you, here." Octavian handed her the money as he bent his knees to get closer to her size while he spoke. "Where are your parents at?"

Echo slowly looked up, confusion written on her face. "I-i am unsure of what you mean sir. I do not have parents." Echo said, tilting her head a bit.

"Parents? Is that a new human invention? Maybe it is a type of food! Or! I do not have an idea..." She thought.

She lifted the money up, examining it. "What is this, sir? I have never seen something like it before."

Octavian had a look of shock wash over his face before it went back to normal a second later. "No parents? Kid must be an orphan." He thought to himself. "That's money, you could use it to buy food from places like stores, or vending machines." Octavian said as he stood back up to his normal height. "Hey kid, why don't you accompany me to work, there's a few vending machines there."

Echo stared at the money with a look of amazement. "This can be traded for food?" She looked up at Octavian in confusion. "Why have you helped me sir? All the other humans have simply wanted to pull on my wings" Echo's wings folded neatly on her back once more. "Why did you not?"

"Most normal humans cannot comprehend different and new things, they either want to destroy it, or take it for themselves. Trust me kiddo, I understand. And besides, I couldn't hurt a child for the life of me." He said, a warm smile on his face.

Echo smiled sadly, a feeling of warmth filling her. "I thought humans might have changed. It was just like the last time. The city used to be a small village. About, um, 200 human years? I think that's right." Echo shuddered a bit at the memories. "The shadows really did awful things to people... I'm not sure if any war against them will fix it." She stepped a bit closer to Octavian.

"Shadows? You mean like those." Octavian pointed to their own two shadows on the side walk. "Because I don't think they can hurt anyone." He said in a lighthearted tone. "And 200 years? Whew, I think you're off by thirty or so, maybe 160? This place was nonexistent 200 years ago, my what are they teaching you kids in school."

Echo giggled, smiling at the shadows.

"It might have been a different place. The forest is a big place, and I followed the wolfs around for a while. I may have calculated the human years wrong. I'm not sure." She then pointed at the shadows. "And those aren't the shadows of fear. Those are just harmless plain shadows, named after the shadows of fear! Hehe! Humans are funny!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back